Become a Patron!

What epoxy, adhesive or glue is safe for use when joining parts in a vape mod system?

I have a vape tank that is a two piece design, one is a circular tank and the other is a base. The circular tank is a tube/cylinder shape and is smooth. The base plate that goes into the tube is scored and the original design has them stamped together..

These became loose at some point and the mode detected issues with the atomizer that required constant re-jigging the tank to the base..

So I decided to fuse them using well-mixed gorilla 5 minute epoxy. I let it setup for 5 mins and since the epoxy should never have been in contact with anywhere the epoxy was I let the tank and coil and juice prime up for 30 mins..

Then I did a few unfired-draws to make sure its all primed up nice. Then the first fired-draw and the vapor has a hint of that nasty epoxy mercaptin smell. So I did two pulls and then though? Am I vaping in uncured epoxy fumes? Not smart. So I baked the tank for about 2 hours at 195 F. I disposed of the juice and coil/cotton. I just went and ordered a new tank as this all seems not worth it......

but then I wondered, what should be used to do something like this? What adhesives/glues/epoxies are safe to use that wont leave nasty flavors when fusing things that come in contact with juice? Any ideas which adhesive has good durability, low VOCs, resistance to juice solvent, etc? I'd like to know. I don't want to know what "works" (eg, no jury rigs), what is the best adhesive given the surface is exposed to heat and solvents.

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
food grade silicone is the only thing that comes to mind...

not strong enough for the job you describe and may not be heat resistant enough.... perhaps a teflon based adhesive? JB Weld?

food grade silicone is the only thing that comes to mind...

not strong enough for the job you describe and may not be heat resistant enough.... perhaps a teflon based adhesive? JB Weld?
Looks like JB Weld keeps coming up. Thanks for the suggestion.

VU Sponsors