Become a Patron!

What Flavor Are You Vaping Right Now?

bikerboogieman

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I think it is a V2. Glad you are liking it enough to get through all those coils :bliss:

Oh yeah!!! It will do just fine for that purpose. I'm still surprised by the flavor difference that I noticed. I had just finished a tank in my Serpent SMM rta and decided to set up the Aspire tank to try it out. Put the same flavor in and damn!!! There was a big difference, could be that the Serpent needs to be re wicked again or maybe not...:D

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh yeah!!! It will do just fine for that purpose. I'm still surprised by the flavor difference that I noticed. I had just finished a tank in my Serpent SMM rta and decided to set up the Aspire tank to try it out. Put the same flavor in and damn!!! There was a big difference, could be that the Serpent needs to be re wicked again or maybe not...:D
I haven't used on in a looooong time, but I do remember it having great flavor. I used them for quite a while. I would guess I just ran out of coils and didn't want to buy more, only reason for stopping using. What do you mean by filling? IIRC you just unscrew the base and bottom fill, no?

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

No, I just think that the flavor is different in sub ohm tanks and RTAs. It’s why I’m not jumping on building so fast now. I didn’t like the taste difference.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I haven't used on in a looooong time, but I do remember it having great flavor. I used them for quite a while. I would guess I just ran out of coils and didn't want to buy more, only reason for stopping using. What do you mean by filling? IIRC you just unscrew the base and bottom fill, no?

Might be his first bottom-fill atty?

@bikerboogieman you might want to think about stocking up even more on coils for that piece of antiquity you have there.

There are more different kinds of coils compatible with the Atlantis than any other tank that's ever been manufactured, as far as I know. Ejuicesteals still has some terrific Vaporesso cCell coils for extremely cheap here:

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/13-23-mod-sale.520356/#post-2731689

Those are 0.9 ohm coils but I've used a ton of them and they vape really well and last a super-long time.

There are dozens of different compatible coils. If the shit hits the fan in May, that Atlantis tank could be a saving grace.

I've just talked myself into grabbing one. I have Vaporesso and Aspire and Herakles coils coming out my ears around here. (I've used these in Aspire Triton, Geekvape Illusion Mini, Sigelei XTank, Tobeco Super Tank, Herakles Honor, and so forth.)

Here's a compatibility list:

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/aspire-atlantis-coil-fits.110143/

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
No, I just think that the flavor is different in sub ohm tanks and RTAs. It’s why I’m not jumping on building so fast now. I didn’t like the taste difference.

RTAs and RDAs need time to get really warm before they give their best flavor. Both the cotton and the coil take a little time to break in. They also have to be built right - not to say that the one(s) you tried weren't, but there's always that possibility.

For the first time in a good while, I'm using a few sub-ohm coils, in a Smok Resa Prince and a Voopoo Uforce (running a Fireluke mesh coil), and the flavors are very good, but they are definitely no better than most of my RTAs and RDAs. My Hellvape Rebirth RTAs aren't worth a shit for flavor, but the others are varying degrees of very good to excellent.

Admittedly we've given you some static about building and mixing, but it may be that very soon you won't have a choice. No one wants to see you - or anyone else - go back to cigarettes, and making a big change under fire, so to speak, isn't an ideal circumstance. You also won't hit the ground doing your best work, so at least in my thinking, the best time to make the adjustment is BEFORE you're actually under the gun to do it. You have a chance to make your noob mistakes, ask questions, and make adjustments in a transitional time that is less stressful than it could be if it were six more months down the road. Make sense?

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Might be his first bottom-fill atty?

@bikerboogieman you might want to think about stocking up even more on coils for that piece of antiquity you have there.

There are more different kinds of coils compatible with the Atlantis than any other tank that's ever been manufactured, as far as I know. Ejuicesteals still has some terrific Vaporesso cCell coils for extremely cheap here:

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/13-23-mod-sale.520356/#post-2731689

Those are 0.9 ohm coils but I've used a ton of them and they vape really well and last a super-long time.

There are dozens of different compatible coils. If the shit hits the fan in May, that Atlantis tank could be a saving grace.

I've just talked myself into grabbing one. I have Vaporesso and Aspire and Herakles coils coming out my ears around here. (I've used these in Aspire Triton, Geekvape Illusion Mini, Sigelei XTank, Tobeco Super Tank, Herakles Honor, and so forth.)

Here's a compatibility list:

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/aspire-atlantis-coil-fits.110143/
I didn't think to think he has maybe only used top fill :facepalm: I have quite a few top fill attys, but none of them have beaten any of my favorite bottom fills, so It's just second nature to me. I never minded bottom fill anyway, so long as the set up doesn't burn through the juice. If so, I just squonk :D
Great list btw, reminds me that i have some mixed matched packs of coils I need to find out what they are compatible with.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
RTAs and RDAs need time to get really warm before they give their best flavor. Both the cotton and the coil take a little time to break in. They also have to be built right - not to say that the one(s) you tried weren't, but there's always that possibility.

For the first time in a good while, I'm using a few sub-ohm coils, in a Smok Resa Prince and a Voopoo Uforce (running a Fireluke mesh coil), and the flavors are very good, but they are definitely no better than most of my RTAs and RDAs. My Hellvape Rebirth RTAs aren't worth a shit for flavor, but the others are varying degrees of very good to excellent.

Admittedly we've given you some static about building and mixing, but it may be that very soon you won't have a choice. No one wants to see you - or anyone else - go back to cigarettes, and making a big change under fire, so to speak, isn't an ideal circumstance. You also won't hit the ground doing your best work, so at least in my thinking, the best time to make the adjustment is BEFORE you're actually under the gun to do it. You have a chance to make your noob mistakes, ask questions, and make adjustments in a transitional time that is less stressful than it could be if it were six more months down the road. Make sense?

Yes! I just got turned off when I was squonking with juice from a mixer who left VU. It had tasted okay in a sub tank. Then I put it in a wicked Recurve I had on a Cut, and the taste was weird. Really different. So I put it aside.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Yes! I just got turned off when I was squonking with juice from a mixer who left VU. It had tasted okay in a sub tank. Then I put it in a wicked Recurve I had on a Cut, and the taste was weird. Really different. So I put it aside.

If you would, give me about ten minutes, then check your PM please. :)

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Is your menthol diy just a standalone menthol flavor? What percentage of menthol are you using?
I would like to know what menthol too. I have never found one that I like. Maybe I need to get peppermint and spearmint and mix my own. Oh, maybe wintergreen too?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Sight/phone is cooky lately. Takes me to the link, but not the post :confused: could you just post the recipe?

Here you go. Not sure if you saw in the earlier recipe, this is a Fruity Pebbles & vanilla ice cream bar.

PebbleSicle

Cereal 27 (CAP) 0.75%
Custard (Crema Pasticcera) (FA) 1%
Marshmallow (Candy) (SC) (WF) 1.5%
Rainbow Drops (Skittles) (TPA) 3.5%
Strawberry, Sweet (JF) 1.5%
Sweet Cereal Flakes (TPA) 2.25%
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (FW) 3.5%
Super Sweet (Cap) 0.5%

Total flavors 14.5%

DrVapenstein

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
cap van custard v2 15%
tfa dulce de leche 2%

this is literally the only thing I vape, every time I try something else I'm back to this before the day is up

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT

Some Top Air flow RTAs are not as flavorful as bottom air flow tanks- the trade off is the non leaking factor. Some people would rather sacrifice some flavor over leaking and condensation that can happen with some bottom air flow tanks.
Plus some of the juices taste better on lower wattages and others shine on higher wattages-
trial and error to find the sweet spot.

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Some Top Air flow RTAs are not as flavorful as bottom air flow tanks- the trade off is the non leaking factor. Some people would rather sacrifice some flavor over leaking and condensation that can happen with some bottom air flow tanks.

I have a couple of OCD traits. In other ways I am the very anti-OCD, but the OCD traits that I do have are very much in-my-face. Getting unpleasant stuff on my hands is one of those traits.

If I pick up a mod and then find eliquid all over my hands, my first reaction is a fight-or-flight kind of OOOH that could very well send a mod directly to the nearest flat surface, whichever way is quickest, if I don't catch myself in time. It might go flying, or it might just drop. Then I am scrambling for Kleenex like a madwoman.

I despise a floggin leaky tank. Top-airflow RTAs were really great for the time while I was learning to build and wick, and possibly kept me going where I might otherwise have given up, if all my efforts in the beginning had been met with leaking and frustration.

I have a mix of types now, but you can bet your ass that if I find an RTA that leaks despite my best efforts, it doesn't stay in rotation long. I don't want that mess on my hands, and I don't want it down in my mods, frying boards and shit.

Yes, I am talking about you, you Reload clone POS. You are out of here TODAY. Juggerknot is coming. :vapemail:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I have a couple of OCD traits. In other ways I am the very anti-OCD, but the OCD traits that I do have are very much in-my-face. Getting unpleasant stuff on my hands is one of those traits.

If I pick up a mod and then find eliquid all over my hands, my first reaction is a fight-or-flight kind of OOOH that could very well send a mod directly to the nearest flat surface, whichever way is quickest, if I don't catch myself in time. It might go flying, or it might just drop. Then I am scrambling for Kleenex like a madwoman.

I despise a floggin leaky tank. Top-airflow RTAs were really great for the time while I was learning to build and wick, and possibly kept me going where I might otherwise have given up, if all my efforts in the beginning had been met with leaking and frustration.

I have a mix of types now, but you can bet your ass that if I find an RTA that leaks despite my best efforts, it doesn't stay in rotation long. I don't want that mess on my hands, and I don't want it down in my mods, frying boards and shit.

Yes, I am talking about you, you Reload clone POS. You are out of here TODAY. Juggerknot is coming. :vapemail:

I still use only top air flow RTAs on my expensive mods and I am no newbie, no way do I want to take the chance with a bottom air flow tank wrecking these mods with any leaking or condensation- love the Intake, the Elevate, Solomon V2,OBS Nanos, Zeus all top air flow RTAs- I really like some RDTAs too like the Pyro, Flave,Pixy's and the Nefarius- no leaking with any of those either and good flavor.
You sound like me- when I am using any bottom air flow tanks I have paper towel or kleenex by my side, just in case! Really hate juice on my hands, mods,clothes- yep out it goes if constant wetness happens- lol!
Good luck with the Juggerknot- I hear it is a good one!

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
If you want a really nice top air flow RTA see if you can get your hands on a Voopoo Rimfire. That is a gem and it was never talked about much. I love that tank. Great flavor and so easy to build on due to the postless deck.

Oh and I am vaping on SC Plus V2 on the Ijoy Avenger with some Marzipan Cake this morning

VU Sponsors