What Happened To My Alien?

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Okay, so I decided to practice making some alien wire because I still can't quite get it right - especially with smaller gauge wires. This is 3x24K/30N and it was going okay at first. My spacing is off, but still not bad. Then at the end it started bunching up on me. As far as I can tell, I was using the same amount of tension to apply the wire. Obviously, something went wrong at the end, though. Any ideas on what I did wrong?

Thanks,
CC

Alien-Help.jpg

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
If you used a swivel, it may have bound up on you. If not, the wrap wire may have been stretched too far. It's super important that the original clapton is 100% perfect, otherwise you'll have irregularities when you stretch it out that could mess with the 2nd round of the process

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Okay, so I decided to practice making some alien wire because I still can't quite get it right - especially with smaller gauge wires. This is 3x24K/30N and it was going okay at first. My spacing is off, but still not bad. Then at the end it started bunching up on me. As far as I can tell, I was using the same amount of tension to apply the wire. Obviously, something went wrong at the end, though. Any ideas on what I did wrong?

Thanks,
CC

Alien-Help.jpg
aliens-colonial-marines.jpg
game-over-man-game-over.jpg

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It's super important that the original clapton is 100% perfect, otherwise you'll have irregularities when you stretch it out that could mess with the 2nd round of the process
That's gotta be it. The original Clapton wasn't as tight at the end when I spun it. Next time I'll just clip that part off. Thanks, @scarecrowjenkins !
Anyways, here's the coil I got out of it. 5 wraps around a 7/64 drill bit, 0.17Ω. Disappointed in how it looks, but she vapes pretty decent.

About 3 feet of N80 and about 2.5 feet of KA1 to make this little bugger.

Alien-HellBoy.jpg

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's gotta be it. The original Clapton wasn't as tight at the end when I spun it. Next time I'll just clip that part off. Thanks, @scarecrowjenkins !
Anyways, here's the coil I got out of it. 5 wraps around a 7/64 drill bit, 0.17Ω. Disappointed in how it looks, but she vapes pretty decent.

About 3 feet of N80 and about 2.5 feet of KA1 to make this little bugger.

Alien-HellBoy.jpg
Wow looks like you Molested those screws!!!

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That's personal information that I'd rather not disclose in a public forum. :p

Seriously, though - I got it like that in a trade.

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Replaced every screw I have in rdAs w hex grub screws from mr metric. Good quality, no stripping, and flat tip so no clipping leads

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm gonna try again right now. A 28k/36n and take my time.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Okay, so I slowed down, took my time, and I'm happy with the results. VERY MINOR flaw in the wire. Got about five usable inches of 3x28K/36N alien wire.

Here are a couple of pics of the setup and the wire:
Wire-On-Drill.jpg

Wire:
Wire.jpg

Last edited:

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks! I'm happy with it.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Next I gotta figure out how to stack that damn ribbon wire so I can make a staple coil. Completely screwed it up the last two times I tried it.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Replaced every screw I have in rdAs w hex grub screws from mr metric. Good quality, no stripping, and flat tip so no clipping leads
I'd love to do that. How do I know what sizes to get? Or how do I measure the ones I have so I know what kind to get?

Number3124

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd love to do that. How do I know what sizes to get? Or how do I measure the ones I have so I know what kind to get?

I'd like to know as well. I'm sure that somewhere there's a list of atomizer screw sizes. Somewhere on the internet, someone has made a list.

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor

I ordered 2mm, 2.5mm and 3mm in lengths of 3,4,and 5 mm. Threading is all the same on these m3 screws.
A dozen of each cost me like less than 20 bucks. They each need a different size hex tool. Strong stainless. No stripping, flat top.

It was a great decision for all my rdAs.
MrMetric.com

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Cool - thanks!

VU Sponsors