Become a Patron!

What happens if I charge a 2000mAh device with a 1200mAh charger?

I recently bought a iSub CF battery and iSub tank as a starter bundle (for subohm, because I'm fairly new to it) and one of the items listed under the options menu (clearly labelled for this specific purchase, because it was in the same category as the colour choice and tank choice) was the charger for it. Naturally, I added it to my cart. When it arrived, I noticed that the charger specifically states that it should not be used on an item who's output is greater than 1200mAh. My mod has a 2000mAh output.

What would theoretically happen if I still used the charger?

WireAndWick

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That doesn't sound right. Your mod has a 2000mAh battery, that is just how LONG it will last. It shouldn't affect your charger. Does the charger say its amp output?

That doesn't sound right. Your mod has a 2000mAh battery, that is just how LONG it will last. It shouldn't affect your charger. Does the charger say its amp output?
Before you call me stupid, know that I have no basic understanding of electricity.
I just read the warning label and got scared.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    776.9 KB · Views: 7

WireAndWick

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Before you call me stupid, know that I have no basic understanding of electricity.
I just read the warning label and got scared.

I wasn't trying to make it sound like I think you're stupid. Sorry if it came off that way! :)

That's really weird.I think it might mean a battery pack? If I'm correct, the label isn't referring to the device its charging, but rather the device being used to supply power, so, unless you're using a battery pack to charge off of, we'll just ignore that. Sounds like as long as you aren't using a charger with more than a 5V output, you should be fine. :)

I wasn't trying to make it sound like I think you're stupid. Sorry if it came off that way! :)

That's really weird.I think it might mean a battery pack? If I'm correct, the label isn't referring to the device its charging, but rather the device being used to supply power, so, unless you're using a battery pack to charge off of, we'll just ignore that. Sounds like as long as you aren't using a charger with more than a 5V output, you should be fine. :)
No no, you didn't come off that way at all.
I was just mocking myself, basically.

Thanks for the help man, I was worried I wasted some 4usd on a charger :p

WireAndWick

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
something to keep in mind ,,chargers have no idea what the mah is of any battery they are hooked to,,they only know when the battery is charged

Yeah I was thinking that was really odd that they specify the mAh of the charging device, but whatever. I don't see how it could affect anything, but better safe than sorry, right? lol

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
that warning label means
do not plug this cable into a wall wart or similar thing that supplies more then 5v or 1200mah of power to the cable. That warning has NOTHING to do with what the cable is charging

mah is used to describe the storage capacity of a battery, but it also describes how many amps are being given to a device at one time.

VU Sponsors