Become a Patron!

What have you been able to do with your cigarettes stash?

Hypermole

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So going on week 3 without smoking any cigs. Problem s I have about 2 cartons of Marlboro Menthol 100's to get rid of. I don't know anyone who smokes them. I don't want to break any laws but I could use the money for other things.

Any Suggestions?
Thanks

Model_A_Ford

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
go downtown and sell em at the bus station or any busy place where smokers are likely to be

watch out for da popo

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
For the last ten years, I wasn't able to buy a whole carton at once, it caused me physical pain to pay that much for a carton, so I just bought 'enm 2 pks at a time at Walgreens.

The last open pk is in a ziplock in the back of my freezer, behind the nic stash -- my "no need to panic" stash, now 19 months old, well on their way to becoming tobaccosicles.

Andria

Hypermole

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'd buy them up when I had a coupon for $3 off a carton and when they were $1 off each pack.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Is it possible for you to return them to the store?

I didn't have any leftover cigs when I switched.
I smoked the last cig from my last pack on the way to the shop to get my first mod.

I still get Newport Coupons though.
When I worked in a warehouse, I just gave them to coworkers.
Now I just leave them on the counter at the post office

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I dual used for a good couple weeks to a month after getting my first real vape, and at the end of each pack Id say "This is it, the last one". Finally one pack was the last one, but that meant I had no cigs left when I quit.

If you can get a few bucks for em, then good on you, just be careful as its illegal to resell cigs. Personally Id just take the loss and either give them away or just toss em out.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When Mrs. Dave came to me chain-puffing on a mix of cigs and my eGo one night and said "This is it - we're going to quit smoking tomorrow," I had about a half pack left of my trusty Marlboro Light 100s. They sat on top of my fridge for a couple months (and through one half of a "cheat" relapse), then I gave the rest to a buddy who was over for dinner and emptied his pack so he didn't have to run to the corner store. I'm sure they were stale by that point, but at least he was lucky in being my only friend who actually smoked Marlboro Light 100s by choice.

If I had multiple cartons, i.e. close to $100 tied up in useless stink sticks? That would be a bit of a conundrum...I'd probably toss one pack way in the back of my freezer as a trophy of sorts, write the rest off as a loss and give 'em away...just not worth the time to try to turn them back into money, even though we're not talking about an insignificant amount.

rome_in_tx

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Is it possible for you to return them to the store?

I didn't have any leftover cigs when I switched.
I smoked the last cig from my last pack on the way to the shop to get my first mod.

I still get Newport Coupons though.
When I worked in a warehouse, I just gave them to coworkers.
Now I just leave them on the counter at the post office
I still get Marlboro coupons. I'm mostly waiting for them to send me more free schwag lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I still get Marlboro coupons. I'm mostly waiting for them to send me more free schwag lol

Y'know, I don't think they could make it free enough for me to wear, carry, drink out of or pack a lunch in anything with cigarette advertising on it.

As for what I did with leftover cigarettes after I switched to vaping full time (in a surprising one week transition), I honestly don't remember. I vape solely for enjoyment as I stopped thinking about cigarettes some time ago. 'Don't remember when that occured either. Hey, I may have a memory problem. Hmmmm .... :D

rome_in_tx

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Y'know, I don't think they could make it free enough for me to wear, carry, drink out of or pack a lunch in anything with cigarette advertising on it.

As for what I did with leftover cigarettes after I switched to vaping full time (in a surprising one week transition), I honestly don't remember. I vape solely for enjoyment as I stopped thinking about cigarettes some time ago. 'Don't remember when that occured either. Hey, I may have a memory problem. Hmmmm .... :D
I've gotten to the point now where I see their ads or see people smoking and I have to suppress the urge to beg them not to do it. I expect that in time I will stop having anything to do with big T, but since I'm barely a month in and just started spring cleaning I still find empty packs in places I haven't cleaned in a few weeks. Something we're in agreement on is I have no desire to stick one of those dammed things in my mouth ever again.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've gotten to the point now where I see their ads or see people smoking and I have to suppress the urge to beg them not to do it. I expect that in time I will stop having anything to do with big T, but since I'm barely a month in and just started spring cleaning I still find empty packs in places I haven't cleaned in a few weeks. Something we're in agreement on is I have no desire to stick one of those dammed things in my mouth ever again.

Yep... now when I see people with a white stick hanging outta their mouth, I just think "how odd."

Andria

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep... now when I see people with a white stick hanging outta their mouth, I just think "how odd."

Andria
I automatically hold my breath so I don't smell it. I've lost count of how many times I've apologized to my husband for ever smelling like that. Now when I smell cigarette smoke, it makes me nauseous.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Walk down the street and drop a few here and a few there.
Some shitty mofo will pick them up.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I automatically hold my breath so I don't smell it. I've lost count of how many times I've apologized to my husband for ever smelling like that. Now when I smell cigarette smoke, it makes me nauseous.

It doesn't make me really nauseous, just makes me crinkle my nose and look around for the old tire that's on fire. :D And yeah I finally know how much my husband loves me, to put up with THAT stink for 27 yrs. :D

Andria

roartweetybabe1994

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
~my boyfriend is trying to kick the habit but keeps relapsing in a sense but when he gets in a groove to build coils, he will stay strong for about 3 or 4 weeks

VU Sponsors