Become a Patron!

What is a good charger for my 18650 batteries?

What are the best chargers on the market for charging your 18650 batteries? My buddy told me about this one...

Is this a good one? Does anyone know anything about Efest? Thanks.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not sure about that one, the one I have and always hear great reviews on is the Intellicharger i4 by Nitecore

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have that one and it works great. Drop in the batteries and leave it alone. Automatically detects what battery types your putting in also. I got that can hold 4 batteries and I'm glad I did.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
The Efest LUC is a good charger and I have one.

My only issue with it is the LED display is kind of hard to read but it does a good job.

The one I really like is the Xtar VP4 charger

http://www.kidneypuncher.com/xtar-vp4-charger/

It charges all the different sizes of batteries that we vapers love and the display is bright and easy to read. Also very well built.

It can also in many instances "Rescue" batteries that have been over discharged.

And you can plug it your car as well.

What's not to love!

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey Uncle RJ ! I was looking at that Xtar stuff this morning from a link on the site. That charger looks nice. Have you tried any of their batteries? I'm curious.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry RJ it was the Basen batteries I was curious about

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Don't know diddly about Basen batteries.

I do have a pair of the Xtar 2100 mAh batteries and they work fine.

Until recently, Xtar has been mostly in the high end flashlight market and figured out that we vapers could use their products as well.

I kinda sorta know the people over there and I will tell you this much, they really work to bring the best possible product they can to the marketplace.

And I have no doubt their batteries are as advertized.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok cool on the Xtar. If your on the homepage on the right side toward the bottom is an advertisement for the basen batteries. They looked interesting and maybe kind of high end.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looked more at those Basen batteries. Looks like a company looking to break into the US market. (From China) So I'm guessing there's not going to be much info on them if their good or not.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The Efest LUC chargers are made by Xtar and re-branded as efest chargers...they are a good charger

Xtar and Nitecore are the 2 most popular with Xtar coming out ahead slightly better with more involved programming in general.

Either one from either manufacturer are going to be reliable...Just stay away from no name brand and trustfire brand chargers and youlll be fine.

Ive been using the Nitecore intellicharger i2...A no frills basic charger for 15 dollars and its been working like a champ so far.

I Trust no other battery other than Samsung 25R's (20 amp) LG HE2's (20 amp) or Sony VTC3's or VTC4's. (both 30 amp)

Last edited:

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I agree...if you have the cash then Xtar or Pila are the best route to go for chargers...if you're on a budget than go for the LUC chargers....Nitecore works, but they would probably be my last recommendation if at all...I had one and it did the job but for a couple bucks more you can get a better charger that will serve you well, and probably longer if you have an experience like mine :)

NIMBUS MAXIMUS

Member For 4 Years
I can report that the Nitecore I2 has worked well for me in the short amount of time that I've been using it. I've checked the batteries (VTC4s) with a multimeter every time the I2 completes a charging cycle, and they've been @ 4.2v like clockwork.

Although, I have been eyeballing the Xtar VC2.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love my i4 Nitecore! Was using a two-bay Trustfire and took hours to charge. My Nitecore has them fully charged in under two hours. It's the only one that can keep up with my chain vaping on my off days.....;)
Got it off eBay for $15 and change (authentication included) and it's great!

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have the Xtar that @UncleRJ mentioned and I really like. Charges fast and I feel comfortable leaving it charging unattended. Still haven't figured out what to do with the trustfire chargers I have. I guess save 'em in case of being needed in a pinch, but part of me says to just toss 'em.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My Trustfire works well, just takes a lot longer than the Nitecore. I really should pif.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah, I might do that. Hang onto them and put them in the PIF box or as stand alone PIF. Good idea. I really hate throwing stuff away that seems to be working okay.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I know I have developed a reputation for being a "safety Nazi" but if you've got a good charger than I would not hang on to and toss the trustfire chargers...personally, after all the old bs envolving any battery related product with "fire" in the name I just don't go anywhere said brands. :confused:

Last edited:

mshawpatriotsfan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
3691ea1737ef9550d606f4444055e5e2.jpg

This was about 30 bucks and works wonders...automatically stops charging when full to prevent over charging.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

jazzman

"I'm Old, Fat and Ugly with a crappy attitude!
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have been using a XTAR WP6 for awhile until I got an LUC Blu6 and a Hohm Tech Base charger. Love both of them.

VU Sponsors