Become a Patron!

What is at the end of a rainbow? A VU mixing challenge thread.

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
I know what you mean. I have pages of other people’s recipes to mix....and then I keep coming up with stuff on my own. I think I have 30 little recipe testers on my desk right now. Imma gonna have a few more when I get back. Years worth of mixing.....what a problem to have.:cry:;):D
I don't have other people's recipes to mix but I have around 35x20ml sft and around 15x30ml recipes im working on.

since I was sick last week and couldn't taste anything, crap just pilled up. Instead of maybe lowering my work load, I just went ahead and bought another case of glass bottles LOL.

maybe by Christmas I've finished that pile, if I wouldn't mix more every night :(

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I don't have other people's recipes to mix but I have around 35x20ml sft and around 15x30ml recipes im working on.

since I was sick last week and couldn't taste anything, crap just pilled up. Instead of maybe lowering my work load, I just went ahead and bought another case of glass bottles LOL.

maybe by Christmas I've finished that pile, if I wouldn't mix more every night :(
Lol! I know what you mean.....I just can’t stop making juice. I get an idea in my head and can’t get it out until I actually mix it. And I just get more bottles.....I have so many bottles.....

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Last edited:

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Renamed especially for this contest:

Snot-Nose Cherry Hound Dog

for vapin when yer sick...

Cherry (One Drop Flavors) 4%
Horchata Smooth (TPA) 2.5%
Horehound (TPA) 2%
Maraschino Cherry (TPA) 1.5%
Peppermint (TPA) 1%
Sweetener (VW) 1.2%
Vanilla (One Drop Flavors) 2%

Obscure ingredient in here being, of course, horehound. Anyone else here old enough to remember horehound?
I have never even heard of it. Going to do some research. Sounds weird.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

Horehound (TPA) 2%
Peppermint (TPA) 1%
Sweetener (VW) 1.2%

Obscure ingredient in here being, of course, horehound. Anyone else here old enough to remember horehound?

By the way, this needs a 2-week steep, if anyone's brave enough to try it! :eek:

Kinda rootbeerish, right? Been a long time since I tasted it

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Kinda rootbeerish, right? Been a long time since I tasted it

Yes, sort of, like a spicy root beer. It's an old-time candy flavor, but also good for scratchy throats and chest/head congestion.

This juice is like a cross between cough syrup and Dr. Pepper, if you can imagine.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Horehound (TPA) 2%
Peppermint (TPA) 1%
Sweetener (VW) 1.2%

By the way, this needs a 2-week steep, if anyone's brave enough to try it! :eek:
I do I do! I used to have horehound when I was sick. Phew! You got me on a bunch of flavors.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Yes, sort of, like a spicy root beer. It's an old-time candy flavor, but also good for scratchy throats and chest/head congestion.

This juice is like a cross between cough syrup and Dr. Pepper, if you can imagine.

Might be pretty damn good then. Going to have to order some of that up when I get home. Make a cough drop root beer float.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I had a drink today that I think would taste something like this.

upload_2018-6-27_20-29-59.png
I haven't made this yet, but imagine it might be good.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
but sodas to me are all about the carbonation and can't get that in a vape
I read the same thing about using triacetin from Ginger Booth. Supposedly gives cola, root beer, etc. that fizzy mouth feel. I have triacetin, but haven't used it yet.
I've read that adding triacetin can sort of mimic the carbonation effect. Also malic acid. Never tried either one personally, although I do have about 100ml of triacetin that I bought just for this purpose a couple years ago.

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Mm, sounds good. Cream sodas are on my maybe-try list, but sodas to me are all about the carbonation and can't get that in a vape
That's how I feel about ice cream and milk shakes or coolers. Every recipe called like that is missing always one ingredient...the cold

However fizzy sherbet (vt) and cola (fa) do actually make your brain believe it's carbonated. So much so, that last time I mixed fizzy sherbet at 2% on accident my first thought was leaving my rta open, since it was too much carbonation, like you would with real soda lol.

My problem here again would be warm/hot soda....I'll never get over it, but at least I can tolerate it for a tank or two ;)

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Mm, sounds good. Cream sodas are on my maybe-try list, but sodas to me are all about the carbonation and can't get that in a vape

Without having notes on hand, I seem to want to think the FW Red Soda is more like the flavor of a big red than that of an actual fizzy red soda. The drink had was like a big red ice cream float, which to me anyways sounded pretty gross but turned out to be pretty awesome. Any carbonation was drowned out in the ice cream used. Im still burping it up so its pretty easy to recall all the flavors of it at the moment.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I had a drink today that I think would taste something like this.

View attachment 114488
I haven't made this yet, but imagine it might be good.

Sounds fantastic to me. By "big red" do you mean the gum, or is there a "big red" drink I don't know about? See what I'm thinking is cinnamon red hots plus cream soda....maybe even a drop or two of ginger ale....

Also what's the difference in "honeycomb ice cream" and honey plus vanilla ice cream? Is there an appreciable difference?

My finances are in a shambles right now so I'm having to get creative with subs. Went overboard buying DIY stuff and tanks already.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Sounds fantastic to me. By "big red" do you mean the gum, or is there a "big red" drink I don't know about? See what I'm thinking is cinnamon red hots plus cream soda....maybe even a drop or two of ginger ale....

Also what's the difference in "honeycomb ice cream" and honey plus vanilla ice cream? Is there an appreciable difference?

My finances are in a shambles right now so I'm having to get creative with subs. Went overboard buying DIY stuff and tanks already.

big-red-soda.jpg

I'm not sure what the "red" flavor is, but it is like cream soda with a huge Kick, good stuff

Wiki says:

The drink is highly popular in the Southern United States and is well known for its unique taste and red color. Its flavor, though often thought to be bubble gum, is created by mixing orange and lemon oils with the traditional vanilla used in other cream sodas.

I dunno if I taste any of that, it's a unique combination

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
View attachment 114513

I'm not sure what the "red" flavor is, but it is like cream soda with a huge Kick, good stuff

Wiki says:

The drink is highly popular in the Southern United States and is well known for its unique taste and red color. Its flavor, though often thought to be bubble gum, is created by mixing orange and lemon oils with the traditional vanilla used in other cream sodas.

I dunno if I taste any of that, it's a unique combination

Well ya know, I just put together my own variation of HIC's fantastic pink bubble gum recipe, cinnamon plus wintergreen plus orange plus vanilla, might be kick ass with some cream soda and honey and molasses and ice cream and french vanilla. My project for tomorrow!

Yet another recipe that will have a multitude of flavors in it. Simple just ain't in my nature, I guess. :teehee:

Anyone who likes bubble gum, if you haven't tried HIC's recipe, you really should. (It's in the recipes thread.) It's my new ADV.

LestatBP

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile

Horehound (TPA) 2%
Peppermint (TPA) 1%
Sweetener (VW) 1.2%

I still eat horehound candy regularly. Love it! I'm going to get some flavor soon.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That's how I feel about ice cream and milk shakes or coolers. Every recipe called like that is missing always one ingredient...the cold

However fizzy sherbet (vt) and cola (fa) do actually make your brain believe it's carbonated. So much so, that last time I mixed fizzy sherbet at 2% on accident my first thought was leaving my rta open, since it was too much carbonation, like you would with real soda lol.

My problem here again would be warm/hot soda....I'll never get over it, but at least I can tolerate it for a tank or two ;)
Have you tried any of the cooling agents? I haven’t yet....I have ws-23 but I haven’t used it yet. I got it out of curiosity.....might throw it into an already established recipe to see how it works.

And yes, both fizzy sherbet and cola def trick your brain into thinking there’s bubbles!

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Every recipe called like that is missing always one ingredient...the cold
Have you tried using koolada? It's like menthol, but without the flavor. Just the cooling effect on the tongue.

Here's a recipe I made a couple of years ago that uses it. I adapted it from another recipe already on the ELR website, and just added the koolada to it.

Chillberry
  • 2.00% Berryl (Raspberry) (FA)
  • 5.00% Blueberry Extra (TPA)
  • 1.00% Coconut (FA)
  • 3.00% Koolada 10% (TPA)
  • 1.00% Marshmallow (FA)
Flavor total: 12%
Remember to rate it at: http://tjek.nu/r/367Y

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I'm up in the north east by Canada right now, so it may not have been Big Red but it was similar. Could be a Fanta type or some other red cream soda. I think it is supposed to be a strawberry cream soda but it is not immediately apparent or incredibly distinguishable. The drink was amazing.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Have you tried any of the cooling agents? I haven’t yet....I have ws-23 but I haven’t used it yet. I got it out of curiosity.....might throw it into an already established recipe to see how it works.

And yes, both fizzy sherbet and cola def trick your brain into thinking there’s bubbles!
Have you tried using koolada? It's like menthol, but without the flavor. Just the cooling effect on the tongue.

Yeah I tried them, I do use ws23 and polar blast from time to time. These in comparison to Koolada and straight up menthol have the least chemical taste.

However they still have a horrible off taste to me, and it's not cold. I mean, how to describe it...It's imitating cold but it's just like so many things in vaping, I see where they were going but they never made it lol. I'll play around with it a bit more tho.

I've better luck archiving cold with creme de menth,, but it's not neutral enough to fit in every recipe.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Pretty excited. Get to come home tonight and try some of these flavors that have been steeping. Also get to see my family.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
How to Kill an Immortal= The worst of the bunch. After a steep it taste like burning cardboard smells mixed with some other stuff. This is the biggest failure in the history of juices, make it for your enemy.
If it's that bad, think of it this way, you named it correctly...:giggle:

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How to Kill an Immortal= The worst of the bunch. After a steep it taste like burning cardboard smells mixed with some other stuff. This is the biggest failure in the history of juices, make it for your enemy.
haha, I put a adaptation of this in my calculator but haven't mixed it. I now added your comments... If I mix it up I will be sure to bump this post and let you know how mine turned out. With those comments in my calculator notes I may never mix it though.....

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
haha, I put a adaptation of this in my calculator but haven't mixed it. I now added your comments... If I mix it up I will be sure to bump this post and let you know how mine turned out. With those comments in my calculator notes I may never mix it though.....

Dont waste the materials. Its not good at all. Complete failure.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
@jwill whats your opinion on that cheesecake?

This was remade, the rhubarb never got along with the shisha. I halved the rhubarb and strawberry shisha, added .4 VT Sweet Strawberry and removed the raspberry altogether. See whats, what in a few days.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I cracked this open today. Its great as is and is super simple.

upload_2018-7-6_12-47-59.png
I called it something else in the 3 ingredient thread but the name was stupid so I changed it. It tastes like a light candy and is very good as is. It doesn't taste anything like I was shooting for but works. If you like big red soda or strawberry soda you will like this.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'll just leave this here.

Luden's Turd

2% Captain Black (Seedman's)
.5% Cherries (INW)
.5% Cherry Wisnia (INW)
.5% Double Chocolate Clear (TFA)
.5% chocolate deutsch (flv)
1% Vanilla Classic (FA)
Damn......looks good. Missing half the flavors.......

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I cracked this open today. Its great as is and is super simple.

View attachment 115142
I called it something else in the 3 ingredient thread but the name was stupid so I changed it. It tastes like a light candy and is very good as is. It doesn't taste anything like I was shooting for but works. If you like big red soda or strawberry soda you will like this.
Ack....no red soda. Looks pretty good, though! I’m slacking on posting mine....just been more tired, lately.....

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I'll just leave this here.

Luden's Turd

2% Captain Black (Seedman's)
.5% Cherries (INW)
.5% Cherry Wisnia (INW)
.5% Double Chocolate Clear (TFA)
.5% chocolate deutsch (flv)
1% Vanilla Classic (FA)

Couple of these, I have never heard of. Is this good?

VU Sponsors