Become a Patron!

what is best simple build with best flavor

1truk

Member For 4 Years
Durby, you may have just asked one of the toughest questions of all time regarding vaping. There are so many variables its almost impossible to answer unless you mention what equipment you have, or at least the type of equipment you want to migrate to. Most people think that dripping is the way to go for Flavor and it is certainly the way to go if you are a cloud chaser, however the two are not mutually exclusive. Producing huge clouds does not always mean the flavor is just as big. For me, some of the best flavor comes from my Russian 91% with a Micro Coil running 1.5 ohms. But then again if I change juices it may taste best on a dual coil setup running .9 ohms at 20 watts. Also, with regard to the wick, for me I have really been getting into cotton, however its not totally due to taste. For me using cotton is just a thousand times easier than with ECO or Silica sometimes. I realize I did not really answer your question but I hope you understand that your question does not really have a cut and dried answer. Vape On Brother ..

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My preference is a higher ohm single coil. Dual coils for me do absolutely nothing but drain my battery and juice faster. And I have tried many. I notice no improvement in flavor or vapor at all. Single coil KFL's, single coil PTII's. The only thing I run dual coils on is my dripper. As far as wick I use cotton yarn. This is just my opinion and YMMV.

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
1truk, great answer to a really unanswerable question..
Like Flavors, there is more to it than a general op. Everyone is different and has difference tastes as with flavors and different ways to taste it.
I am trying out that new beauty salon rayon and think, so far it is pretty good. Not a cotton killer but better in it's own ways...

1truk

Member For 4 Years
Thanks tick22 .. BTW, I have not heard of the salon rayon, can you tell me a little more about that?

i do a 26 gauge 2 strands parallel wrap dual coil 4 wraps with cotton great flavor little warm but you will get use to it

i do a 26 gauge 2 strands parallel wrap dual coil 4 wraps with cotton great flavor little warm but you will get use to it
i should have stated japanese cotton Salena brand that makes a definate difference

Attachments

• 1403961312728.1.jpg
    1403961312728.1.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 36

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
1truk, curly beat me to your answer. 11.00 for 500ft. There are some Youtube videos about it...

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
1truk, curly beat me to your answer. 11.00 for 500ft. There are some Youtube videos about it...

I think that was the video you posted elsewhere tick22. Btw, good to see you out and about!

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yes, it is the same one, best one i have seen.

The missus is asleep. I am free for awhile..

when she wakes up the chains go back on.....
Bummer, I know.....

Late night and early morning posting for now...

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Pontiac is the best. laughs.... 69 GTO

Misty J

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
check out in the topic "coils", the hybrid coil simply the best...after all I´ve tried this one gives me the best flavor ever

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Uncle RJ is the ramie fiber guy on here...he loves the stuff...
if he doent stumble upon this thread ... you could private message him... im sure he would love to talk to you about it

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I use Japanese cotton with everything except gennie style rigs. The variables are endless as to flavour. I like some cool, some like Peanut Butter cookie HOT.

Misty J

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Since a few months I´m vapin on Koga Japanese Cotton witch is simply the best wicking material untill now, it chucks the clouds with an unbelieveble plesant and good taste......it´s just an other world compared to the rest...

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No such thing as best flavor, that's entirely your call as 1truk mentioned, too many variables to list. As for the best simple build, also entirely dependent on your skill level and comfort.

For some, the best easy build is simply by replacing a kanger or aspire coil. For others, a dual parallel build in their dripping RDA or a microcoil in their Kayfuns.

However, keep in mind that for coil building, wicking is equally as important, if not more important than the coil itself.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I find no differences between dual coils , single coils, fancy coils etc.. in the end the flavor is the same , it's all about wicking.

Despite what many claim i also do not think Rayon is superior to cotton if your comparing flavor , Rayon is far better if you want wicking material that lasts a long time but in regards to flavor i see very little if any difference.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Koga cotton rocks no doubt, but I found sun bleached Japanese cotton at Sephora at about the same price (for those that cannae find it locally, or cannae be bothered with ordering online).

Dave Sak

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Built my first rda ever tonight. I went with the Vulcan dull coil came out to . 05 works assume. Very happy. :)

VU Sponsors