Become a Patron!

What is the best battery for vaping anywhere from 40-80 watts?

I am currently using an eleaf 100W mod and have a couple other mods. I want to know what the best 18650 batteries is. Right now I have a pair of Samsung 25r that have been using on my eleaf. I have this crappy Ultrafire, which I was sold with a smowell 50 watt that i have given up on. In any case. I am just curious what battery would be best for longevity. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The samsungs are more than adequate for 80 watts.

If you want more battery life in general The LG HD2 is suppose to be a 3000mah but with 20 amps as well.

At 80 watts though i wouldnt expect THAT much longer time.

Last edited:

State O' Flux

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am just curious what battery would be best for longevity. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Click the last sigline hyperlink in this post... for comprehensive, objective, vaping specific, 18650 battery testing data.

NemesisVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
At 100W, the maximum your mod will draw us around 16A, regardless of build.

Maximum wattage divided by 6.4V (the voltage at which you get a low battery warning on most series mods) =15.15A.

LG HG2 are 20A 3000mAh. HD2 are a different battery, they are 25A 2000mAh. You are safe with the higher capacity cells.

Slurp812

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yup, 20 amp ~3.7 volt batteries will output ~ 72 watts per cell when fully charged. So 25r's will be perfect.

NemesisVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was under the impression that the eleaf 100W is series.and that alll they've done is rejigged the wiring under the sled so both cells go the same way.

A board to boost parallel voltage to the levels the istick can output would (I assume) have cost a fair amount more. If I'm wrong, fair enough.

Not sure what you mean by "again..." You've never spoken with me about the istick before. Regardless of whether you've said this to others one or a hundred times, that's not my problem.

Last edited:

NemesisVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not being shirty. I'm direct. If you know more than someone else, teach. It's when people are told and then repeat the exact same misinformation again that lack of knowledge becomes lack of understanding, and that's something to get miffed at. I wouldn't know that it'll run with one cell either, I don't have one. Assumptions, never a good thing.

I'm all up for learning. In fact I'm pleased they found an economical way to do parallel. At one point battery stacking would have got people crucified at the battery nazi stake. Nowadays, people don't care. Non balanced series charging raises eyebrows but that's about it.

Again, I meant no ill will and my response was not with anger, irritation or any other negative emotion.

NemesisVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Days and nights worker? Same and same, was on nights Monday Tuesday and I'm in Friday Saturday Sunday days, three days, 36 hours. Yay! Best thing though, I only have to work 14 days out if 28, it's fucking awesome. Had a nap at 10pm, woke at 4am and I should be good now till 8pm tonight. It's 7AM here.

Be interesting to see what kind of wattage can be achieved with parallel 18650, I'd never thought about it to be honest.

NemesisVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Aye, single time zone for the whole of the UK. Continental Europe is where it shifts a hour. We have true GMT and BST (British standard time). BST is used in the summer then switches to match GMT in the winter. Stops the kids getting squashed on the way to school in the dark etc :)

VU Sponsors