Become a Patron!

What is the best way to...

Jcc2k

Member For 4 Years
My everyday vape is actually a mixture of 2 different e-liquids. My problem is that I do not know the exact amounts yet. I just put in this much of one and that much of another. Just by eyeballing it, it's somewhere around a 75/25 mix, but I know a few drops either way can throw the taste off. I like to use a kayfun, so I end up with a full tank that isn't what I wanted, and have to adjust it by adding one or the other to the tank. I would like to get it down to where I know exactly how much of both is needed. So my questions are...

1. What is the best/easiest/quickest way to sample my mixtues? Use a dripper with cotton and change the cotton each time? Silica? Direct dripping w/o cotton? I like to use a kayfun, so is dripping the wrong approach?

2. Best kit to get for my mixing?

3. Best/easiest/quickest way to go about finding the correct amounts?

Thanks for any help... Seems like it should be easy to do, but it's been harder than I thought.

Dhim

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Member For 5 Years
Honestly the best and easiest way to sample your juice is to take it old school. Drip a couple drops on a 510, 901, or 306. Quick neat and easy. When done, blow it out and wipe it down. They only hold a limited number of drops but it will give you a quick and easy sense of flavor.

If you wanted, you can get a nice basic RDA like the patriot or something similar and replace the cotton.

MistaKuraudo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, I like to do a nano coil laying on a bed of cotton. It's super easy to test juices and swap out wicks.

As for finding correct amounts... that's up to you. Just document everything. Use a juice calculator if you need to get exact measurements. It's better to document the percentages rather than drops or guesstimations.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'll agree with Dhim. An RDA is the way to go.
I have a few, but one of my faves is just a $7 "v12" clone with a contact coil and hemp. Just takes a few seconds to yank old filler and re-wick it.

The bedding is just to hold juice, then there is a separate piece that goes down through the coil to meet it. Makes taking it apart really easy.

pEtNp0Am.jpg

Jcc2k

Member For 4 Years
I have a few drippers. Magma, Tobh & Omega, but the taste on them is different than using a KFL (which is my everyday thing right now). Changing the cotton seemed like a chore for adding one or two drops every time, but I guess it's the only way.

I have a few old 510 atty's I could dust off.. Never thought about them.

MistaKuraudo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If anything, you can always use silica for testing. That way you can burn off all the juice and not have to change the wick.

Dhim

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Member For 5 Years
I have a few old 510's atty's I could dust off.. Never thought about them.
This. The flavor is close enough to generalizing it. Sure it will vary based on atty, but very very rarely is a flavor great in one and awful in another. Plus like I mentioned above, with something like the 510 a couple drops, couple puffs, get the taste, blow it out and you're good to go again.

I almost feel bad for these newbies to vaping. Almost everyone skips over the classics. A good Cisco 306 or a 901 with an empire drip shield is still a fantastic vape.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This. The flavor is close enough to generalizing it. Sure it will vary based on atty, but very very rarely is a flavor great in one and awful in another. Plus like I mentioned above, with something like the 510 a couple drops, couple puffs, get the taste, blow it out and you're good to go again.

I almost feel bad for these newbies to vaping. Almost everyone skips over the classics. A good Cisco 306 or a 901 with an empire drip shield is still a fantastic vape.

Heheh, yeah. I don't have any working 510 or 901 dripping atties ATM, but still rock an XL 1.5Ω "Resurrector" carto on an old 14650 E-power for the hell of it.

Ps1citkl.jpg

Jcc2k

Member For 4 Years
If anything, you can always use silica for testing. That way you can burn off all the juice and not have to change the wick.

Good idea.

So true... I might even rock this one tonight. :)

GmYQ4AM.jpg

Dhim

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Member For 5 Years
Eek, that battery! I should say a 306 or 510 on a proper mod :)

MistaKuraudo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey, my dream mod would be the size of a cigalike, the battery capacity of a 26650, and vapor production of a 3 post sub-ohm built dripper, and automatic; no switch. Wish something like that existed. Alas, my unicorn will stay in my dreams for a while to come.

Jcc2k

Member For 4 Years
Hey, my dream mod would be the size of a cigalike, the battery capacity of a 26650, and vapor production of a 3 post sub-ohm built dripper, and automatic; no switch. Wish something like that existed. Alas, my unicorn will stay in my dreams for a while to come.

Never say never. ;)

FwOlUKI.jpg

jojosvapes

Drippopotamus
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
RDA and half wick :) - have one setup and put aside all the time :)

VU Sponsors