Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Somebody tried to buy themselves something blingy using my credit card number-
I got an alert last week from my CC card company asking me about a $6,700.00 purchase for online jewelry store in Oklahoma- nope not me! :headbang:
The charge was declined , card cancelled and I have a new card now- :inlove:
I only use cash locally- CC for online Ecig purchases- the CC company saw that I have never spent over $100.00 in a single transaction.
Not sure how or when or where my number was hacked.
:facepalm:

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got an alert last week from my CC card company asking me about a $6,700.00 purchase for online jewelry store in Oklahoma- nope not me! :headbang:
I only use cash locally- CC for online Ecig purchases- the CC company saw that I have never spent over $100.00 in a single transaction.
Thank goodness the charge was declined & you have a new card now.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

Wow, they weren't messing around, were they? Went right for the jugular, right off. Oh sometimes I wish I could get my hands on people who do stuff like that. I believe I could beat somebody silly, the nerve of it all, and damn cowards to boot. Hiding in the shadows and stealing people's hard-earned money.

I've had several problems over the years, biggest one was a $700 charge to Target that Bank of America took WEEKS to resolve. I finally had to pitch a fit on the phone to get them to remove the charge. Seemed like they were just going to let it sit there forever. Just recently had 9 charges of between 9 and 10 dollars each from some cash-payment place, one right after another. So there's another card number that no longer works and I have to go around and change a bunch of stuff because of some damn criminal trying to get something for nothing.

Sorry, rant over. Glad your bank caught that, glad you have it handled. Maddening.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Wow, they weren't messing around, were they? Went right for the jugular, right off. Oh sometimes I wish I could get my hands on people who do stuff like that. I believe I could beat somebody silly, the nerve of it all, and damn cowards to boot. Hiding in the shadows and stealing people's hard-earned money.

I've had several problems over the years, biggest one was a $700 charge to Target that Bank of America took WEEKS to resolve. I finally had to pitch a fit on the phone to get them to remove the charge. Seemed like they were just going to let it sit there forever. Just recently had 9 charges of between 9 and 10 dollars each from some cash-payment place, one right after another. So there's another card number that no longer works and I have to go around and change a bunch of stuff because of some damn criminal trying to get something for nothing.

Sorry, rant over. Glad your bank caught that, glad you have it handled. Maddening.
Sorry that all happened to you. Just plain sux! This is the 1st time in 20 years of having a CC this has ever happened to me.
I think I will try to only purchase from sellers using PayPal from now on, which will mean a long wait from China as no US vendor can take Paypal payment.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Oh my goodness! :eek: I've had my card stolen but never for that kind of amount. Glad the bank got it straightened out for you.

I do 95% of my shopping online. My card number gets stolen about once a year. No clue how they're getting it. Stores I thought could be the culprit turned out not to be. My bank is very good about refunding my money. Usually takes about 5 days to get my new card. I think the most I ever got hit for was about $300.

Last edited:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Oh my goodness! :eek: I've had my card stolen but never for that kind of amount. Glad the bank got it straightened out for you.

I do 95% of my shopping online. My card number gets stolen about once a year. No clue how they're getting it. Stores I thought could be the culprit turned out not to be. My bank is very good about refunding my money. Usually takes about 5 days to get my new card. I think the most I ever got hit for was about $300.
Sorry that has happened to you Pami- just sux!
Lucky for me my credit limit is set really low on that card another red flag to Discover - that the thieves tried to take WAY more than my limit would allow and that transaction was declined! Discover was great in emailing me ASAP about it- then I called and spoke to a representative who cancelled my card.
They Fed Ex'ed my new card within two days.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Earlier in the year I started getting notifications that somebody was buying pizzas in Chicago with my PayPal card number. They did get it resolved pretty quickly though.

Yep, that's Paypal -- they don't take fraud lightly AT ALL. They may be the safest online pay system EVER.

Andria

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Y'all are being so quite. Anyone seen anything new and blingy lately?

Has anyone in this thread bought an Innokin Oceanus kit yet? The rose gold is pretty. I don't recall anyone saying they bought one, which kinda surprises me.

Latest mod I got was the purple Desire Cut squonker that was on sale at 3Avape. It really looks great with a rainbow Recurve on it, but I've decided to use my stainless Drop Solo because that's the only mod I have that actually pulls a good vape out of the Solo.

Several days ago, ordered a Smok G80 kit from Breazy in silver. Comes with a Smok Spirals tank, so I ordered an RBA for it which just came in the mail. Got the RBA before I got the tank! Also ordered a navy blue "glitter color-shifting" wrap from VaporSkinz for the G80 mod. Got the mod to carry a blue resin Fireluke tank, because most of the mods I have that are still working aren't wide enough for the Fireluke. Will use the Spirals tank on something else, maybe the next thing that's coming, which is...

This morning ordered a red (actually more like burgundy) resin Luxotic NC mod off eliquid.com for a little over $24. They are having 25% off the entire site through today. Some prices not so great, but I think this Luxotic was marked down already.

Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and got plenty of new sparklies!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Here's one of the pics Vapor Skinz has of the glitter color-shifting skins:

IMG_2256_480x480.JPG

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Has anyone in this thread bought an Innokin Oceanus kit yet? The rose gold is pretty. I don't recall anyone saying they bought one, which kinda surprises me.

Latest mod I got was the purple Desire Cut squonker that was on sale at 3Avape. It really looks great with a rainbow Recurve on it, but I've decided to use my stainless Drop Solo because that's the only mod I have that actually pulls a good vape out of the Solo.

Several days ago, ordered a Smok G80 kit from Breazy in silver. Comes with a Smok Spirals tank, so I ordered an RBA for it which just came in the mail. Got the RBA before I got the tank! Also ordered a navy blue "glitter color-shifting" wrap from VaporSkinz for the G80 mod. Got the mod to carry a blue resin Fireluke tank, because most of the mods I have that are still working aren't wide enough for the Fireluke. Will use the Spirals tank on something else, maybe the next thing that's coming, which is...

This morning ordered a red (actually more like burgundy) resin Luxotic NC mod off eliquid.com for a little over $24. They are having 25% off the entire site through today. Some prices not so great, but I think this Luxotic was marked down already.

Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and got plenty of new sparklies!

I have not used the Innokin Oceanus but that kit comes with the Scion Tank, I have both the Scion 1 and 2 tanks- both leak.I have the RBAs for these tanks, still leak- they both use the same coils- The Scion 2 leaks less than the Scion 1, but still leaks- vapes Ok, just keep a paper towel handy.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have not used the Innokin Oceanus but that kit comes with the Scion Tank, I have both the Scion 1 and 2 tanks- both leak.I have the RBAs for these tanks, still leak- they both use the same coils- The Scion 2 leaks less than the Scion 1, but still leaks- vapes Ok, just keep a paper towel handy.

To me, leaking is the UNFORGIVABLE misbehavior that instantly disqualifies an atty from ever being used again. Other stuff, you can maybe work around or get used to... but not leaking. This is why I've never been able to use my Berserker enough to know if I could get used to it enough to like it -- it leaks every fucking time I've tried it. Not sure why I haven't just tossed it in the trash.

Andria

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I still love that Nebox more than my LV Orion, can you believe that!
I still have 2 BN Neboxes in my cabinet.
I have never used a product like this- is it sturdy? Would it rip easily?
It don’t think it’ll rip easy. I bought a jwrap & since my Hohmtech slice paint was peeling it didn’t stick well.

That’s saying a lot that you love the more than the Orion. Is it because you can rebuild it or is it because of the draw?

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
To me, leaking is the UNFORGIVABLE misbehavior that instantly disqualifies an atty from ever being used again. Other stuff, you can maybe work around or get used to... but not leaking. This is why I've never been able to use my Berserker enough to know if I could get used to it enough to like it -- it leaks every fucking time I've tried it. Not sure why I haven't just tossed it in the trash.

Andria

I agree with you on that Andria- The Scion is sneaky- it acts fine for days and then Bam, juice down the side of the mod! Doesn't matter either the factory coils or the RBA these tanks leak- that is why I gave Nadalama the heads up on the kit- maybe just stick with the mod!

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
It don’t think it’ll rip easy. I bought a jwrap & since my Hohmtech slice paint was peeling it didn’t stick well.

That’s saying a lot that you love the more than the Orion. Is it because you can rebuild it or is it because of the draw?

Both- I have a few RBAs and use factory coils for the Nebox- a friend just sent me 7 boxes of coils for free they weren't using. The Nebox vapes so nice! Great flavor too!
I love the very small size of the Orion, but doesn't vape as well as the Nebox- the Nebox takes an 18650 battery and holds 10 mls of liquid too.
Neboxes can leak, but when the coil is shot- it never leaks when using the RBA.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT

Maybe if you sand the Homtech first it will stick better?
My Nebox isn't peeling paint,just dingy-
If something happens to this Nebox would I be able to reuse this wrap on my other Nebox?

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Both- I have a few RBAs and use factory coils for the Nebox- a friend just sent me 7 boxes of coils for free they weren't using. The Nebox vapes so nice! Great flavor too!
I love the very small size of the Orion, but doesn't vape as well as the Nebox- the Nebox takes an 18650 battery and holds 10 mls of liquid too.
Neboxes can leak, but when the coil is shot- it never leaks when using the RBA.
Wow that’s great your friend sent 7 boxes! I never got the Nebox sounds nice!

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Too late to sand it now. It won’t restick. I’m not sure if you can reuse it, it depends on the stickiness.

Maybe I should use the wrap on one of my new ones?
This wrap cost as much as each of the new neboxes in my cabinet- I paid about $12.00 each them.LOL!

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Maybe if you sand the Homtech first it will stick better?
My Nebox isn't peeling paint,just dingy-
If something happens to this Nebox would I be able to reuse this wrap on my other Nebox?
If you peel it off carefully without stretching it, yes. I've done this with subox wraps before.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I always clean my mod with an alcohol wipe before applying a new wrap. I've never had an issue with it not sticking.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I was thinking of getting this skin to spruce up my 3 year old trusty Nebox- love the dragon design.

s-l500.jpg

That's gorgeous, I love it!

I've bought about a half dozen wraps for mods, and have removed two of them. Those two would not have been reusable. They were stretched all out of shape by the time I got them off. One of them actually damaged the paint on one of my Sig Sparks, so I had to order a second wrap and cover it back up.

I looked up this item on eBay to see what the wrap is made of. It's vinyl, so no, it won't tear easily. It might not tear if you gave it everything you've got! It would probably just stretch and get all wonky.

Leaking tanks? No way. Although I do have a few tanks that don't leak if you stand on your head, say an incantation while wearing a purple toboggan, snap your fingers three times, and recite the alphabet backwards while you're filling them. Everyone, meet the Herakles Honor!

Just thinking about all that makes me like squonking even more.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
That's gorgeous, I love it!

I've bought about a half dozen wraps for mods, and have removed two of them. Those two would not have been reusable. They were stretched all out of shape by the time I got them off. One of them actually damaged the paint on one of my Sig Sparks, so I had to order a second wrap and cover it back up.

I looked up this item on eBay to see what the wrap is made of. It's vinyl, so no, it won't tear easily. It might not tear if you gave it everything you've got! It would probably just stretch and get all wonky.

Leaking tanks? No way. Although I do have a few tanks that don't leak if you stand on your head, say an incantation while wearing a purple toboggan, snap your fingers three times, and recite the alphabet backwards while you're filling them. Everyone, meet the Herakles Honor!

Just thinking about all that makes me like squonking even more.

LOL- about the leaky tank incantation and all to keep the magic of not leaking ritual! The Scion wouldn't be that bad of a tank- except for the sporadic leaking. I haven't used either of my Scions in about 6 months and would toss them except I have about 5 boxes of coils for them. The boxes of coils are pretty cheap for the Scion. The Scion 1 is white and matches my Minikin V2 that is white- ugh!
I will probably buy another wrap and just keep it till I need to use it. Cheap enough at around $10.00 instead of trying to reuse one.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks Pami- I will just buy another one and put it away with the other Neboxes.
They had some really nice designs.

If I'm not mistaken I think they had your dragon tattoo design for the Subox Mini also, @Countrypami .....

I was looking to see if they had it for any of the mods I have, but don't think so. Boo hiss.

ETA: That is unless the Subox Mini is the same structurally as the Kbox Mini. I do have one of those.

VU Sponsors