Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I was talking to myself actually :)

I already have a BLUE ONE that I got during the holiday sales for 15. Turned out to be everything @WPMac said it was. So for 10 there was no way I could pass up grabbing a red kit too. :wait:
View attachment 128698

Well this kit is now even cheaper. Vapor Joe's deals e-mail has code CVD10 to get the CoilArt dpro 133 from Breazy for $9.00.

I figured the universe had smacked me around enough with this so I ordered a silver kit.

Thanks @gsmit1 ! :)

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well this kit is now even cheaper. Vapor Joe's deals e-mail has code CVD10 to get the CoilArt dpro 133 from Breazy for $9.00.

I figured the universe had smacked me around enough with this so I ordered a silver kit.

Thanks @gsmit1 ! :)
You won't be sorry. :) How can you go wrong at that price? My red kit is supposed to be here Monday, but I'm vaping on the blue one right now. Good battery life btw.

Oh yeah. Don't forget. It was @WPMac who put me on to it in the first place.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Have been meaning to tell you all about these Smok Spirals tanks I've recently bought. They are such great flavor tanks, very restricted DL. I got my first one with the G80 kit from Breazy, it's a regular size (22mm), 2ml tank, so tiny, but there is a Spirals Plus that I found at Caterpillar Vapes that is 4ml (24mm). When you buy the standalone tank it comes with a nice, easy-to-build single-coil RBA section. CV has black & red, gold, and rainbow in stock, $17.37 plus shipping. I bought the RBA separately for the tank that came with the kit.

The Plus tank arrived with a bit of a problem (yeah Smok) with the gasket around the 510 pin but it was easily sorted out. I got the Plus in rainbow, and it is really pretty.

Just fyi, I'm especially happy with this RBA and the flavor that I get from the Spirals. Did not expect to be impressed.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just fyi, I'm especially happy with this RBA and the flavor that I get from the Spirals. Did not expect to be impressed.
I use the RBA in one too. It's pretty easy to setup and wick and mine never leaks. It can go anywhere with me. It lays sideways in my bag all the time and no accidents. Like you said, it doesn't have huge airflow but I like it. I just use clapton wire in there maybe 5 wraps and its good.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My last contest win arrived a few days ago. I think this was made for dudes lol. It's designed after a Michael Jordan shoe I think.
0110191759-1.jpg

But the paint job (Where's there's red paint) looks great. Its like brushed metal, stained red, then theres a clear coat over it. It looks really nice. It doesn't show up on my camera very well but I tried to get it in a pic-
0112191008a-1.jpg

Edit-It looks way better than that in person^^^.
Do you know of any mods that do this? I mean the whole mod? I have a pink pico thats stained but there's no clear coat.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I use the RBA in one too. It's pretty easy to setup and wick and mine never leaks. It can go anywhere with me. It lays sideways in my bag all the time and no accidents. Like you said, it doesn't have huge airflow but I like it. I just use clapton wire in there maybe 5 wraps and its good.

I'm really surprisingly pleased with the G80 mod, now that I put a sparkly wrap on it, and the Plus tank. It will be my new purse mod for the 1.5 hour trip each way to and from work. Wanted the 4ml tank because 2ml just cuts it too close. So far though it's been totally trouble free in vaping. No leaks, no unpredictable behavior. No popping or spitting. Battery life is adequate. I only spent about 20 bucks on the kit and another 20 on the plus tank, plus 15 for the wrap. Have it exactly like I want it and I'm happy.

Will take the 2ml Spirals tank to work. I might tank a half dozen hits off my vape during the day, so the small tank is fine for that. That 2ml of juice will last me two weeks in the office. :)

I'm retiring a Kabuki clone for this. Never thought I'd say that, but there you have it. When I first came to VU, I thought those Kabukis were the be-all and end-all to vaping. :)

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been vaping since 2012 and never once vented. The funny thing is ... I don't 'practice battery safety'. I 'practice not being stupid'.
I consistently push my batteries beyond their max 'safe' CDR. Batteries don't just up and explode just because you pushed 25 amps through a 20 amp battery. They go thermal when they get to hot. You can kill a 20 amp battery with 10 amps under the wrong temperature conditions. And you can push a 20 amp battery to 25 amps under the right conditions. I know this is super faux-pas. And I preach battery safety to the general public. I would never suggest to anyone to go beyond the safety rating on a battery. But I am also a huge proponent of using your brain and thinking for yourself. Again ... 7 years of vaping and never a single cell mishap. I just retired a set of vct5's after many years of use.

I even saw Mooch a few days ago (Reddit) when talking about this with somebody say that someone who knows what they're doing can safely vape good batteries "far far" (his words) beyond his rated cdr. He also said he would never be seen recommending it, but the clear implication was that he wouldn't be beating up on somebody who did know what they were doing, for doing so.

susieqz

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
See any that caught your fancy?
They are all so beautiful! Hard for me to chose just one!

well, i tried to order some tulip shapes but they don't seem to be available for 810.
i only have one kind of tank that i enjoy, other than mtl n it has an 810 tip, i'm pretty sure.
my days of collecting tips may be over before they start.

i find the heather, michelle n melissa shapes most attractive.
but until i find an enjoyable tank with a 510, i'm doomed to short squat ones.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
well, i tried to order some tulip shapes but they don't seem to be available for 810.
i only have one kind of tank that i enjoy, other than mtl n it has an 810 tip, i'm pretty sure.

Couldn't you get a 510 adapter for your 810 , sometimes they are in the spare bag of goodies that come with your tank. I think you can buy them too, not expensive and then you could use 510 drip tips.
Heather may even sell them.
_mfs8000.jpg

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT

Fast Tech has a ton of 810 drip tips- just that it would be weeks before you see them coming from China. I use Fast Tech all the time.
https://www.fasttech.com/search?keywords=810 drip tips
These are my favorite 810 drip tip style
https://www.fasttech.com/product/9619434
9619434-2-thumb.jpg

They sell the drip tip adapters there too

https://www.fasttech.com/category/0/search/-/p/2?f=-&sort=r&keywords=510+drip+tip+adapter

Last edited:

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

1/2" is as tall as the 810's go. Anything taller than that wouldn't be stable.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

The Griffin replacement kit has an excellent 810 to 510 adaptor, and is super cheap:

Replacement Accessories Set for Griffin RTA Atomizer

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT

Yes FT is reliable- I have used them a lot.
Make sure it is in stock, because if it say ships in xxx days like 4-7 it can take even longer.
I can get my stuff from them in 2 weeks up to 6 weeks- just depends, so much patience is needed when ordering from China vendors, but I have always received my orders!
I also get my 18650 battery wraps and insulator rings from there as well as tanks and mods.
You cannot order batteries from them- not sure on internal battery mods.
Try a small order- not expensive- make sure you use USPS epacket.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Yes FT is reliable- I have used them a lot.
Make sure it is in stock, because if it say ships in xxx days like 4-7 it can take even longer.
I can get my stuff from them in 2 weeks up to 6 weeks- just depends, so much patience is needed when ordering from China vendors, but I have always received my orders!
I also get my 18650 battery wraps and insulator rings from there as well as tanks and mods.
You cannot order batteries from them- not sure on internal battery mods.
Try a small order- not expensive- make sure you use USPS epacket.

I checked, it's in stock. I always throw a few of these kits into FT orders just to have the adaptor

The extra o-rings and what have you can also be handy

susieqz

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
well, i don't seem to have an adaptor in the defunct drag box, but i have another
voopoo tnk in the mail, so maybe it will be in that one.
nothing like that in the smok stuff either.

i'd buy a new tank, but i seem to require one that takes .6ohm coils.
i haven't found one, but i have another thread posted asking if anybody knew of a tank like that.

susieqz

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
i wish women would start designing mods.
the ones i see are so ugly.
i ordered a seigeli mod today because at least it has flowing lines
but the tank that comes with that has a ''proprietary'' drip tip made of frozen pee.
i wasn't gonna use that tank, but i would have bot a tip for it.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I believe the TFV8, if you have one, comes with the 810 to 510 adapter.
Yep, those and Big Babys come with them.
Even in my short history, I must have 8 or 10 510 drip tip adapters that came with various attys. Most of the ones made in the last year do it seems.
I have a bunch too. All kinds of styles. I'm using one now in a Griffin, and another in a Cigpet Eco 12. I put a Smok TFV12 RBA in it and wow is this a nice tank. Huge flavor and very airy.
0115192019a-1.jpg
Also my favorite 510 drip tip is just the plain ones that come with the Baby Beast. I use them in the adapters. I think they're just comfortable.

susieqz

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
faux marble is nice.
i wonder why they have to be boxes tho.

got a msg from rhonda.
she told me what i already knew.

according to you guys, i must have an adapter in the house this very minute.
those pics snap showed are very distinctive, but i don't see them in with the o rings.
those packages are unopened. i have no idea when to use o rings.

you know, if you carry these things around, they are accessories.
they should look like accessories.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep, those and Big Babys come with them.

I have a bunch too. All kinds of styles. I'm using one now in a Griffin, and another in a Cigpet Eco 12. I put a Smok TFV12 RBA in it and wow is this a nice tank. Huge flavor and very airy.
View attachment 129149
Also my favorite 510 drip tip is just the plain ones that come with the Baby Beast. I use them in the adapters. I think they're just comfortable.
I use almost all 810's. I need to revisit some 510's I think, and yep, the baby/big baby beast 510's are simple and great. My first tank ever.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
faux marble is nice.
i wonder why they have to be boxes tho.

got a msg from rhonda.
she told me what i already knew.

according to you guys, i must have an adapter in the house this very minute.
those pics snap showed are very distinctive, but i don't see them in with the o rings.
those packages are unopened. i have no idea when to use o rings.

you know, if you carry these things around, they are accessories.
they should look like accessories.

Boxes don't fall over nearly as easily as tubes do. That's why *I* switched to exclusively box mods; dunno about others. But it's also a lot easier to make a multi-battery mod in a box, than in a tube. I use only single-battery mods, but I HATED how just looking at a tube mod made the damn thing fall over, usually breaking my driptip in the process.

Andria

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
i'll look again for an adaptor in the morn.
meanwhile, would wrapping the base of a drip tip with something
hold it in securely?
If you're putting a 510 in an 810 hole, I suppose you could try wrapping an oring around it. Don't think I would use anything other than that. You never know how anything else might react to nic or even melt from the heat.

susieqz

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
well, i'll keep looking for a sub ohm tank that takes a .6 coil n has a 510 drip tip.
that would solve the problem.
there must be such a thing.

i'm window shopping anyway. my secondary goal is to find tanks with fewer right angles, or even straight lines.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
well, i'll keep looking for a sub ohm tank that takes a .6 coil n has a 510 drip tip.
that would solve the problem.
there must be such a thing.

i'm window shopping anyway. my secondary goal is to find tanks with fewer right angles, or even straight lines.
Try a couple of these... I just bought 6 of them last month... love em'. Can't beat $10!
https://www.directvapor.com/vaporfi-volt-2-tank/

VU Sponsors