Become a Patron!

susieqz

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
well, i've given up on searching for juice flavors.
i did taste peach in one, for most of a tank.
then i tried a blueberry that had me jumping up n down in happiness.
that lasted only for 6 hits.
now i taste nothing.

i've tried 20+ flavors by 5 companies.
here are my results.
25% are so vile they go directly on the garden.
50% are worth saving, but only for when i have nothing at all else to vape,
just for nicotine.
25% are pleasant.
i don't taste the stated flavors, but i enjoy them.
they mostly have ''cream'' someplace in the discription.

i guess i'll use just 4, tho perhaps pami's stuff will be better in a month or so.
ecblend works best,
that's convenient as they are the cheapest around, if you buy 250 ml bottles.

do those %s sound normal?

i've been vaping for 3 months n my sense of smell has returned in a big way.
citrus flowers that i could smell only when standing right over the tree now
perfume the entire house.
that little tree is now very worthwhile.

i guess i'll never taste ejuice.
still, nicer than burning tobacco.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

It sounds a lot like when I started vaping; I could get only the SLIGHTEST HINT of flavor from anything I vaped. That was what provoked me to bumping the shisha strawberry up to 16% -- 4 to 8 times as much as anyone recommended. So I had to balance that with 15% of combined creams, vanilla, and sweetener, ending up with an ejuice that was 31% flavoring. And you know what happened? SUDDENLY I COULD TASTE MY VAPE.

Just, DON'T WORRY about the percentage levels that other people use -- it's totally irrelevant! Try the percentage levels you think might work for YOU, regardless of whether it's 4 or 8 or 20 times as much as anyone else uses. Flavor isn't going to hurt you, but being unsatisfied with your vape might, if you say the hell with it and go back to smoking.

You can find that original recipe, 31% flavoring, on my blog page -- at that link at the bottom of my sig that says "My BEST Recipes (blog)".

Andria

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
i did taste peach in one, for most of a tank.
then i tried a blueberry that had me jumping up n down in happiness.
that lasted only for 6 hits.
now i taste nothing.

i've tried 20+ flavors by 5 companies.
here are my results.
25% are so vile they go directly on the garden.
50% are worth saving, but only for when i have nothing at all else to vape,
just for nicotine.
25% are pleasant.
i don't taste the stated flavors, but i enjoy them.
they mostly have ''cream'' someplace in the discription.

i guess i'll use just 4, tho perhaps pami's stuff will be better in a month or so.
ecblend works best,
that's convenient as they are the cheapest around, if you buy 250 ml bottles.

do those %s sound normal?

i've been vaping for 3 months n my sense of smell has returned in a big way.
citrus flowers that i could smell only when standing right over the tree now
perfume the entire house.
that little tree is now very worthwhile.

All I can say is don't give up- you will get your taste back, I think I was more than 6 months in before I started tasting some flavors- I stuck with minty flavors and Cinnamons for a long while, I even went to a vape shop and tried about 15 flavors and I couldn't taste most of them. What Nic are you vaping at? When I started to get down to 3 nic everything tasted better, I was a year into vaping by then. When I started vaping I was at 24 nic. I think now the nice flavors hold me with vaping than the Nic, I do use some with no nic too.
I buy commercial juice and found some I really like The SauceLA ( love many flavors there ) they have a cheap sample pack, I see they flavor boost many of their eliquids, I don't need that, they taste strong enough for me.
I like Om Vapors- they have some good ones I love- I don't believe they have a sample pack.
I like Loaded Glazed doughnuts by Ruthless- I like their Apple Fritter too- no sample pack here either, this is a national brand I buy when I see a sale.
Strawberry and peach and coffee are some of the first flavors I could taste that I like and they tasted like they were supposed to- still mainly vape those flavors.
I stay away from cheesecake, yogurts, some milky or ice creamy flavors- taste so yucky to me- I don't like any fruity cereal vapes I have tried, cinnamon toast Crunch flavor I like.
Melon and most citrus flavors I stay away from too- not a fan of coconut or banana either.
Vapers tongue is real- try to drink plenty of water, I am never without water and change up your juice flavors constantly can help- and time.
Getting a single coil deck RDA( dripper ) will help too- really not hard to put a coil in and some cotton- change the cotton is so easy. You drip your liquid right on the coil and cotton- very easy 1st step in getting used to building a deck- many great single coil RDAs for affordable prices- you will definitely taste flavor from those.
https://www.vaporrange.com/asMODus-C4-BF-RDA-p/asmodus-c4-rda.htm
this one gets great reviews and worth a try, it's on my list- they are sold out of the Geekvape Loop, love that one!
Both can be used with squonkers if you go that route some day.
Heck you don't even need to make the coils- you can buy them
https://www.vaporrange.com/Oni-Prebuilt-Prewrap-Coils-Pack-of-10-p/oni-prebuilt-coil.htm
and a simple tool kit is handy to have

https://www.vaporrange.com/Vandy-Vape-Simple-Tool-Kit-p/vandy-vape-tool-kit.htm

Last edited:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
thanks, andria.
i was thinking that returned sense of smell meeant i should now taste.

Cinnamon is a good idea, if you think you could vape it. Most everyone can taste it, some far too well for their liking. I'm nuts about it, myself.

I'd be willing to mix you up what I think is an excellent pink bubblegum, if you want. It is cinnamon, wintergreen, mandarin orange, and vanilla, and tastes to me just like that pink Dubble Bubble gum.

Also have a good Big Red gum recipe that is even more In-Yer-Face than the bubblegum.

Last edited:

susieqz

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
thanks for the support guys.
i guess i can wait another few months.
i dropped from 24 nic to 18 to 12, but i'm chain vaping at 12
.i wake up with a burned tongue, so i'm probably causing my own problems.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
thanks for the support guys.
i guess i can wait another few months.
i dropped from 24 nic to 18 to 12, but i'm chain vaping at 12
.i wake up with a burned tongue, so i'm probably causing my own problems.
Are you drinking extra water? Vaping dries out your mouth quite a bit. I always have powerade or drank lots of water.

Another thing, for me, is that when I taste too many flavors, I kind of lose taste for all of them. I stick to 2, but usually have 3 or 4 next to me. 2 are my all days, though.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
thanks, andria.
i was thinking that returned sense of smell meeant i should now taste.

No, not really. My sense of smell was much keener than pretty much everyone's, even when I smoked 2pks a day; my sense of smell started getting even more keen, before I was completely off cigarettes, when I was down to less than 5 cigarettes per day... but it was nearly 2 yrs before I could start reducing even the sweetener in my eliquid; now I'm over 4½ ys smoke-free, and still mix my recipe at 23.25% flavoring -- which, to me, isn't much flavoring at all... but others have the weirdest reaction to that, as if flavoring is now the bad guy, instead of cigarettes! So damn weird, like they think they're supposed to taste nothing and thereby prove how "pure" they are. :facepalm:

Andria

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
No, not really. My sense of smell was much keener than pretty much everyone's, even when I smoked 2pks a day; my sense of smell started getting even more keen, before I was completely off cigarettes, when I was down to less than 5 cigarettes per day... but it was nearly 2 yrs before I could start reducing even the sweetener in my eliquid; now I'm over 4½ ys smoke-free, and still mix my recipe at 23.25% flavoring -- which, to me, isn't much flavoring at all... but others have the weirdest reaction to that, as if flavoring is now the bad guy, instead of cigarettes! So damn weird, like they think they're supposed to taste nothing and thereby prove how "pure" they are. :facepalm:

Andria

Just between us chickens, I can't taste a lot of very low-percentage recipes, and I've been off cigarettes for nearly eight years. Even more curious, I've thought in the past (as in, before DIY) that I might be a supertaster, because in food I can pick up subtleties that most people can't. Not with vaping, though, nope.

As much of a cheapskate as I am, I'd love to think that I could mix juice at 6 or 8% and have it taste good. Admittedly there are a couple recipes like that, but they're the ones that contain mostly cinnamon, so it's just super-easy to taste. For citrus, bakeries, chocolates, even some vanillas and custards, I have to get up on the high side of 12-15% before the juice starts tasting like something.

I was up over 20% with most of my recipes until I started using rebuildables. Am gradually bringing percentages down some now, because it's become obvious that I no longer need the flavoring quite as high, but I still don't think I can take it down as low as a lot of people do.

I wonder if vaping at lower wattage has something to do with this. Most of my vaping is between 20 and 35 watts.

susieqz

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
i just tried higher watts.
didn't help.
my .5 coils i vape at 20 watts, but for the .2 i have to go up to 40.

i alternate between 4 flavors all day. i don't taste what i'm supposed to taste, but i do taste a difference.
i guess i'll try vaping just 1 flavor most of the day to see if that changes the others.
i'll drink more water too.

i'm trying to be patient, but it's hard.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
[ never was a smoker so this may not apply, but when I first started vaping, the first couple months flavor was great. Mostly Naked 100 Brain freeze and Arctic Blast. Then for reasons still unknown to me, the same flavors started tasting, not exactly bad, but different and worse.

I found out about vapor,s tongue and figured that was it. Somebody suggested trying different flavors, which I did and they also were great for a little while, but then became kinda different and worse too a little while after that.

A week or two later, also for reasons still unknown to me, things started to settle in and pretty much all the flavors I liked were back to normal and it's been that way ever since. It's almost like my senses of taste and smell had to become accustomed to vaping or something.

That may not be too useful, but there it is.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just between us chickens, I can't taste a lot of very low-percentage recipes, and I've been off cigarettes for nearly eight years. Even more curious, I've thought in the past (as in, before DIY) that I might be a supertaster, because in food I can pick up subtleties that most people can't. Not with vaping, though, nope.

As much of a cheapskate as I am, I'd love to think that I could mix juice at 6 or 8% and have it taste good. Admittedly there are a couple recipes like that, but they're the ones that contain mostly cinnamon, so it's just super-easy to taste. For citrus, bakeries, chocolates, even some vanillas and custards, I have to get up on the high side of 12-15% before the juice starts tasting like something.

I was up over 20% with most of my recipes until I started using rebuildables. Am gradually bringing percentages down some now, because it's become obvious that I no longer need the flavoring quite as high, but I still don't think I can take it down as low as a lot of people do.

I wonder if vaping at lower wattage has something to do with this. Most of my vaping is between 20 and 35 watts.

I do think the low wattage is a factor; for a long time, I vaped at 9.6w, but after I got my 2 Aegis mods, I found myself clicking it up to 10w quite often, because I do taste a difference, more flavor, more vapor, but still cool enough that most of the time it doesn't bother my asthma -- but if I get one of those horrible throat-tickles, I always click it back down to 9.6w, and it helps.

I think I'm *some* variety of super-taster, just because my sense of smell is so ungodly pronounced, and most of the sense of taste -- I've heard 80% -- is actually olfactory. Also, I've always loved foods that many people can't tolerate -- broccoli, cabbage, Brussels Sprouts, and I find the heavy "B vitamin" taste of drinks like Ensure very tasty! I even like lima beans, though I prefer the young "butter bean" variety, since they're tender. It's like my sense of taste can determine what foods are good for me, and really loves them -- I also love the hell out of strong black tea, and garlic is the #1 most-used spice in my kitchen! But, I did have to teach myself to tolerate, and then enjoy, fish, and there are still varieties of it I really can't stand -- mostly the fresh-water types; I MUCH prefer salt-water fish of all types.

If you want a good vape that's at very low percentage, try TFA's Banana Nut Bread; as much as I love high-flavoring vapes, I used the BNB at 11%, and i think I also used 1% sweetener, though if I used any sweetener in it now, it would be .5% or less. It's really the only flavoring I've used that could be considered an excellent "single-flavor mix" -- maybe just because the flavoring contains all the many flavors of actual banana nut bread; they got it JUST RIGHT.

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
how low can you have vg n still not have coils leak?
i heard that coils are for high vg.
i don't like vg much, so i could drop it from the 50-50 i use now.

Not sure I understand this question

Coils don't leak generally, they wick or stop wicking or get gunky

That goes for factory coils and coils you wrap yourself

Some factory coils don't wick well with high VG

Cloud chasers that build huge Chucky coils often prefer high VG because the RTAs they use sometimes will leak with thinner juice

Ruppy_bear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I just remembered u can get stickers for your mods. which I can pick out and slam on. which I think it's great as u can go for designs u like or prefer, and best of all I can always switch if u get tired of it.

coil art had a few cute designs I really like for there mech tubes and I can even have your custom designs. (I kinda want a custom sailor moon design if I get a coil art mech)

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
well, 50-50 works fine for me, but if the tanks can handle it, i'll increase pg.
Sub Ohm tanks should be able to handle 50/50 without leaking through. What you are referring to is when the juice is too thin, like a 30/70, it will saturate the coil and drip through if the tank is not being used. That shouldn't be an issue with 50/50 or higher VG.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I just remembered u can get stickers for your mods. which I can pick out and slam on. which I think it's great as u can go for designs u like or prefer, and best of all I can always switch if u get tired of it.

coil art had a few cute designs I really like for there mech tubes and I can even have your custom designs. (I kinda want a custom sailor moon design if I get a coil art mech)
The best wraps come from Jwraps and Vaporskinz ;)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I used kayfuns for about a year, and they didn't leak unless something was wrong with an o-ring... and I've used +85% PG the entire time I've vaped.

Andria

susieqz

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
thanks, andria.
i'll use more pg then. i seem to prefer it anyway.
i was confused because someplace on this site i read that modern tanks were made for 70/30
n that too much pg would make it too thin, causing leaks,

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
thanks, andria.
i'll use more pg then. i seem to prefer it anyway.
i was confused because someplace on this site i read that modern tanks were made for 70/30
n that too much pg would make it too thin, causing leaks,

Well, some types of tanks have an opening at the bottom, and those would be more leak-prone if the juice is thin -- that was one reason I had to upgrade from the T3S clearos I started with, because they have that opening at the bottom, the "protank" heads. But tanks or RDAs that don't have an opening at the bottom wouldn't really have an issue. The RDA I've used since 2015 has bottom airflow, but the head is constructed very much like the kayfuns, where the airflow opening is *right* beneath the coil, and it's also VERY small, like a kayfun's, so they're not prone to leaking at all (unless I go nuts and overfill it!). But generally even if you use a thinner ejuice, you can finesse the wicking to prevent most leakage; it just takes a little trial and error to get it *just* right. I suspect that's the problem I have with the Berserker, I just can't be arsed to screw around with the wicking ad infinitum.

Andria

Dan Hollis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ad0b3574bac0b0aecf835b62ce3667df.jpg

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Hi all-
Been a while, I hope all is well with you all!
I purchased 2 Serpent Elevates- the included coily tool is pretty neat too!
These vape really nice and love the easy single coil deck,wicking and top air flow.
I got the gold and blue.

IMG_20190412_070731390.jpg

susieqz

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
well, sigellei screwed me again.
i could bring a sucessful suit, but that would cost me a dozen hours n hundreds in court costs,
so they are safe from my wrath.
i bot more sobras n found the false advertising continues.
i got the red silk, which is always shown with a black cap.
i got the pee yellow.
then i ordered the white, which is always shown with a white cap.
this time, i got clear plastic.

my initial intention was to replace all the tanks with something nicer, but i'm too cheap.
the coils are inexpensive n last forever, so. i'm using the tanks, ugly or not.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i could bring a sucessful suit, but that would cost me a dozen hours n hundreds in court costs,
i got the pee yellow.

my initial intention was to replace all the tanks with something nicer, but i'm too cheap.
Where did you order them from?

susieqz

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
the last 2 were from ebay sellers, cause they asked $30.
i paid $56 for my first one.
i doubt anyone is better.
they get product from a wholesaler n ship them out.
they don't open the boxes.
i was hoping sigelei would offer caps, but the price is dropping so i bet they are phasing sobras out.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i was hoping sigelei would offer caps, but the price is dropping so i bet they are phasing sobras out.
The reason I asked is because most vendor sites have a disclaimer saying that the pics may not be EXACTLY the color/s you receive.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hi all-
Been a while, I hope all is well with you all!
I purchased 2 Serpent Elevates- the included coily tool is pretty neat too!
These vape really nice and love the easy single coil deck,wicking and top air flow.
I got the gold and blue.

View attachment 136233

That mod on the left, is that a wrap? I love it, those roses!

Andria

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
That mod on the left, is that a wrap? I love it, those roses!

Andria

Hi Andria-
How are you doing?
The mod with the roses is the Asvape Gabriel 80w mod. It comes from the factory with that kinda rubbery coating that is textured. Pretty cool little mod and comfortable to hold, battery life sux, but that is to be expected with a single 18650 battery. Looks like tattoo art. Comes in a nice leather like case too.

20190202_124418.jpg

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
i got the pee yellow.

Yes that kind of sux that you can't use your own drip tip and that the colors shown are different then the ones you get. I have had the same experience with some of my tanks too. Too bad Sigelei didn't include other tank covers so you could switch them out! They should have included black ones in every box. Not everyone likes the yellow ultem color. Maybe send an email to Sigelei asking how to get black covers(drip tips) for all your Sobras.
Hey at least you like how the tanks vapes and the coils are affordable. That tank is the Moonshot 120 right?

http://www.sigelei.com/Support/

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
This is why I never buy gear from ebay. I know you've had good luck in the past, but you just never know if it's legit.

VU Sponsors