nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Does anyone know if the Naut Mini is compatible with other coils? I used the regular Nautilus coils in it, and they really sucked. The Triton Mini ones were better, imo.
Thanks!

I've never seen any other coils that were compatible.

Imo, the Triton Mini 1.8 ohm Clapton coils are the very best, IF you can find them. They are scarce.

Even better if you can find a Triton Mini tank. That thing is a work of art in my mind for MTL vaping. Has none of the gurgling nastiness the Nautilus Mini has. I need to resurrect mine.

Oh, and while we're talking about older Aspire stuff, if any of you have old Aspire Vivi Novas sitting around, especially the metal ones that are lined with Pyrex, they are a whole different animal when running newer-generation (non-Nautilus) BVC coils, like those for the iJoy Mercury. I've even brought one of those out of the deep freeze to use. Didn't remember, though, until I went to use the tank - it gets air from the base of the coil, so you have to use it on a mod that isn't completely flat around the 510. I totally forgot about that!

Last edited:

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

Imo, the Triton Mini 1.8 ohm Clapton coils are the very best, IF you can find them. They are scarce.

Even better if you can find a Triton Mini tank. That thing is a work of art in my mind for MTL vaping. Has none of the gurgling nastiness the Nautilus Mini has. I need to resurrect mine.
The Triton mini, to me, was just a revamped Nautilus. I'm a huge fan of the original Triton (which takes Atlantis coils). Not too many people cared for it because cleaning it is kinda tricky, but for me, flavor wise, it's a winner.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

Oh, and while we're talking about older Aspire stuff, if any of you have old Aspire Vivi Novas sitting around, especially the metal ones that are lined with Pyrex, they are a whole different animal when running newer-generation (non-Nautilus) BVC coils, like those for the iJoy Mercury. I've even brought one of those out of the deep freeze to use. Didn't remember, though, until I went to use the tank - it gets air from the base of the coil, so you have to use it on a mod that isn't completely flat around the 510. I totally forgot about that!

You’re not kidding about gurgling. I ran out of coils for it and bought the Nautilus BVC ones instead of the Triton Minis. What a crappy vape compared to the TMs. And burn out so fast.

I’ll look for a Triton Mini tank, thanks. I use the Naut Mini for 24mg salts I mix, so I may want to have another plus ohm MTL tank to stash.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
You’re not kidding about gurgling. I ran out of coils for it and bought the Nautilus BVC ones instead of the Triton Minis. What a crappy vape compared to the TMs. And burn out so fast.

I’ll look for a Triton Mini tank, thanks. I use the Naut Mini for 24mg salts I mix, so I may want to have another plus ohm MTL tank to stash.

Another good alternative is a Kabuki clone tank from FT. Solid, dependable, durable, and not the slightest bit finicky. Use those same Nauti!us size coils. Does not leak or gurgle.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

I stumbled across the 1.8 Clapton Triton Mini coils just now for $8.95 for a 5-pack in a going-out-of-business sale at Coval Vapes. Use code "coval" for 15% off. Reduces the price to about $7.60. They're only open online for a few more days.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I absolutely cannot buy anything for a little while at least. If I could I'd get a blue Ram which would make my resin Ram collection complete :gaah: , but that is a great price on the Feedlink too. They have a few good deals there.

If I had a spare $20 or so, you'd have your RAM. I'd also have one to put back or maybe even use right away. My aluminum CV is being a pain and it's in a manner of broke I cannot fix. Need to reform the body itself so as it fits the top part properly or the top to fit the body.

Someone needs to make the CV style mods out of aircraft grade aluminum, not the cheap toss off soft aluminum they are made from. Then again, if they did it's likely the price would quadruple. And I couldn't afford $80 for a $20 mod. Not that I wouldn't want to pay for a "quality" device, I simply could not afford it.

Damn silly me spending $40 for a regulated mod. Bah. That'll learn me.

Last edited:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I absolutely cannot buy anything for a little while at least. If I could I'd get a blue Ram which would make my resin Ram collection complete :gaah: , but that is a great price on the Feedlink too. They have a few good deals there.

I’m on shopping cut off, too. But at least I’m not worrying that I don’t have enough gear! It was making me slightly neurotic worrying about Deeming. At least I got over that.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I had a spare $20 or so, you'd have your RAM. I'd also have one to put back or maybe even use right away. My aluminum CV is being a pain and it's in a manner of broke I cannot fix. Need to reform the body itself so as it fits the top part properly or the top to fit the body.

Someone needs to make the CV style mods out of aircraft grade aluminum, not the cheap toss off soft aluminum they are made from. Then again, if they did it's likely the price would quadruple. And I couldn't afford $80 for a $20 mod. Not that I wouldn't want to pay for a "quality" device, I simply could not afford it.

Damn silly me spending $40 for a regulated mod. Bah. That'll learn me.
It's not like I REALLY need it :D It's just a bummer when you figure the only color you don't have is not a thing anymore and then it turns up on another super sale lol.
CV style mods
I don't think I know what a CV style mod is.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
It's not like I REALLY need it :D It's just a bummer when you figure the only color you don't have is not a thing anymore and then it turns up on another super sale lol.

That’s his Copper Vape. I don’t know what style it is, either. lol

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

images

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

That’s his Copper Vape. I don’t know what style it is, either. lol

Ninja'd! See @nadalama Bright Eyes' post. *chuckles*

Yes, the Coppervape mechanical squonker is a mod I'm fond of. (Ha, yes I will end that sentence with a preposition. Fuck you grammar rules! Well, in the Germanic sense as in to strike, not in the sense of sexual intercourse.) No, I do not love things. I love people and critters, well not bugs, rats, mice so much.

Yes, spiders can frighten me but I still love them. I've seen spiders as big as my hand in the wild though, my hand can engulf my face. Watch the Alien movies to get an idea why these big spiders would frighten me.

At any given fixing (reforming the aluminum) would require a metallurgical shop or forge. I'd need to also use some rather precise tools for recasting the holes in the body to fit the magnets in the top more snugly. The tools come in sets. They're called tap and die sets. In one sense they're akin to drill bits but work just a tad differently. Usually a good tap & die set is rather an investment, and those having them prize them perhaps more than platinum.

I dropped the mod once onto a concrete floor. The top and body have been slightly askew since then, becoming more so as time progresses. The two pieces are intended to part by design, just also by design they are to fit together securely. As it is I have to keep fidgeting with the parts to get the thing to fire a bit more so recently.

It is an annoyance which builds to aggravation, exasperation smartly so.

*hears the dive klaxon* "Argh! That is all. Carry on!"

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I cannot do any more shopping right now, but have been noticing this mod over and over again. So today when I saw the email this was in, I thought, I probably should share that with the ladies. Looks like something Pami might like. The ad is from 3FVape.

I don't even know if this is a good price, but the metal housing of this thing is just knockout gorgeous to me.

There's also a Coppervape Skyline RTA in that ad for $18.99, which I know IS a great price.

Rie9MQqNTF_d15ulPESY7HSwX9lnzs0rkT1CpOnqqzT2wOiY8NiEsAgmEbNw3OR8J5XnjL3vwNVLw5vS9pXZX5Fp5K9x_20l28ihwSWNos4-n5gGk-N5oX0grCyWHBGr6OQfS3HCJqRb=s0-d-e1-ft

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I cannot do any more shopping right now, but have been noticing this mod over and over again. So today when I saw the email this was in, I thought, I probably should share that with the ladies. Looks like something Pami might like. The ad is from 3FVape.

I don't even know if this is a good price, but the metal housing of this thing is just knockout gorgeous to me.

There's also a Coppervape Skyline RTA in that ad for $18.99, which I know IS a great price.

Rie9MQqNTF_d15ulPESY7HSwX9lnzs0rkT1CpOnqqzT2wOiY8NiEsAgmEbNw3OR8J5XnjL3vwNVLw5vS9pXZX5Fp5K9x_20l28ihwSWNos4-n5gGk-N5oX0grCyWHBGr6OQfS3HCJqRb=s0-d-e1-ft
You're right!... Is is!!! I've been eyeing this waiting for price to drop. Thanks for sharing!!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Hey @SnapDragon NY guess what I have on the way?

512RwXpfUlL._SCLZZZZZZZ__SY500_SX500_.jpg

This is going on the Drag that I bought from Tall Pines the other day. I was thrilled to find this on Amazon, have loved the design ever since you showed it to us last year.

Cannot wait till it gets here! Supposed to be here on Thursday or Friday.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
20190102_145232.jpg
Hey @SnapDragon NY guess what I have on the way?

512RwXpfUlL._SCLZZZZZZZ__SY500_SX500_.jpg

This is going on the Drag that I bought from Tall Pines the other day. I was thrilled to find this on Amazon, have loved the design ever since you showed it to us last year.

Cannot wait till it gets here! Supposed to be here on Thursday or Friday.

Awesome- I love that skin, my favorite on my spare Nebox- glad you found one and ordered it thru Amazon that will look great your new Drag!

20190102_145142.jpg

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Hey ya'll... I'm on the lookout for new kanger kbox/subox/topbox mini's... either the 50w or the top 75w, but I prefer the 50w. Can be just the mod or the kit. If anyone has any new ones sitting around, hit me up!

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Does anyone know where to get the Fire Luke with the RBA? Thanks, everyone.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Hey ya'll... I'm on the lookout for new kanger kbox/subox/topbox mini's... either the 50w or the top 75w, but I prefer the 50w. Can be just the mod or the kit. If anyone has any new ones sitting around, hit me up!

I have 2 new Kboxes, Red and White - $49 ea. However, GearBest has:
Refurbished Original Kanger TOPBOX Mini 75W TC E Cigarette Starter Kit- Black - $58.57 Only 1 Left. Shipping is $13.33.

I also have a Top Tank Mini in red, a Top Tank Nano in black as well as SubVods in white or pink. I still use one for bedside or errands.

Awesome- I love that skin, my favorite on my spare Nebox- glad you found one and ordered it thru Amazon that will look great your new Drag!

Wow. That is really beautiful!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
View attachment 155400

View attachment 155399

The colors on my wrap aren't nearly as bright and nice as yours, and the size of the artwork is smaller, too. When I first put it on the mod, I figured the lack of vibrancy in the colors was just because the light in here is so low, but now, even looking at it in the daylight, it's not what it should be.

When Andria shared the problems she's having with the wrap she ordered off Amazon, I started looking at it more critically.

It does its job, I suppose, but definitely could look better. I'll have to pay closer attention next time. Live and learn.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
The colors on my wrap aren't nearly as bright and nice as yours, and the size of the artwork is smaller, too. When I first put it on the mod, I figured the lack of vibrancy in the colors was just because the light in here is so low, but now, even looking at it in the daylight, it's not what it should be.

When Andria shared the problems she's having with the wrap she ordered off Amazon, I started looking at it more critically.

It does its job, I suppose, but definitely could look better. I'll have to pay closer attention next time. Live and learn.

If you look at mine closely the design is not centered, but I can live with that, I got that one from an EBay seller.
My 2nd skin was OK from an EBay seller ,but my 3rd one that I got from an Amazon seller was pretty bad, The design is not shown like on the example-
Like Andria's the face is on the display, so that is cut off- and the designs were supposed to be on each side- not one design that is in the middle of the mod, but since the wing design show on both sides I will just keep it. Plus this newer one has some bubbles that won't smooth out- disappointed in mine from Amazon too.

20200308_131920.jpg 20200308_131928.jpg 20200308_131937.jpg 51LjrYaqNkL.jpg

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
If you look at mine closely the design is not centered, but I can live with that, I got that one from an EBay seller.
My 2nd skin was OK from an EBay seller ,but my 3rd one that I got from an Amazon seller was pretty bad, The design is not shown like on the example-
Like Andria's the face is on the display, so that is cut off- and the designs were supposed to be on each side- not one design that is in the middle of the mod, but since the wing design show on both sides I will just keep it. Plus this newer one has some bubbles that won't smooth out- disappointed in mine from Amazon too.

View attachment 156593 View attachment 156594 View attachment 156595 View attachment 156596

They pretty consistently play fast and loose with the size and orientation of the artwork. It's misrepresentation, pure and simple. I think I may just complain to Amazon.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
They pretty consistently play fast and loose with the size and orientation of the artwork. It's misrepresentation, pure and simple. I think I may just complain to Amazon.
I mean how hard can it be to line up the design on a printer? They show it correctly in the example- so frustrating. My 3rd one is so far off I should complain to Amazon as well- or try to reach out to the vendor and see what they say! Did they think people wouldn't notice? Then not complain?
Shoddy!

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

View attachment 156593 View attachment 156594 View attachment 156595 View attachment 156596
That is pretty!

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I love my Feedlinks! I have atleast one of every version they made. I've used a total of one Revvo coil. They're not horrible but I use my Feedlinks with single coil RDAs. Maybe one day those Revvo tanks and coils will come in handy but for now they just sit in boxes.

Feedlinks are the reason I never saw a need to get a Luna. No offence to Luna owners but, the way I saw it was I could have two Feedlinks for the price of one Luna. I know the main attraction for the Luna's are the wooden frames but I guess I'm not into stab woods.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

Tell you what, every place that has those kits with the Subtanks or Toptanks wants a fortune for them! The price has been going up and up for a while now, from what I've seen. Kangerwholesaleusa.com has the kits, but they are $58+. On the other hand, the Subox Mini-C kit (with whatever tank that is) is $27.00. They must know people want to stockpile those Subtank/Toptank kits.

Pami, have you tried the Protank 4? Those can be found for less money, and they can use some of the same coils and same RBA as the Sub/Toptanks. The only one I've had was a clone and it was junk, so I don't know if it's a good tank or not.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I love my Feedlinks! I have atleast one of every version they made. I've used a total of one Revvo coil. They're not horrible but I use my Feedlinks with single coil RDAs. Maybe one day those Revvo tanks and coils will come in handy but for now they just sit in boxes.

Feedlinks are the reason I never saw a need to get a Luna. No offence to Luna owners but, the way I saw it was I could have two Feedlinks for the price of one Luna. I know the main attraction for the Luna's are the wooden frames but I guess I'm not into stab woods.

i agree, i used one of those coils. not bad, but kinda funky.

do you have any stabwood ?

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
No, I never got anything stabwood. I'm trying to think if I have anything vape related that's wooden and can only think of a stand.

the thing about stab, depending on where you get it, you may not know what your going to get.

but, i will say, i think you owe it to yourself to get one. a LUNA would be a fine example. not everyone likes everything, but i have yet to see someone not like stab. now, out fo the box, stab is a flat finish, put something on it = bam, and sometimes BAMMMM !

20191003_192901 (1).jpg 20191012_085554.jpg

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Tell you what, every place that has those kits with the Subtanks or Toptanks wants a fortune for them! The price has been going up and up for a while now, from what I've seen. Kangerwholesaleusa.com has the kits, but they are $58+. On the other hand, the Subox Mini-C kit (with whatever tank that is) is $27.00. They must know people want to stockpile those Subtank/Toptank kits.

Pami, have you tried the Protank 4? Those can be found for less money, and they can use some of the same coils and same RBA as the Sub/Toptanks. The only one I've had was a clone and it was junk, so I don't know if it's a good tank or not.
It's the mods I'm after, not the tanks. I have plenty of tanks and replacement parts for them. I have one of the C's, I'll have to give them another look.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

It's the mods I'm after, not the tanks. I have plenty of tanks and replacement parts for them. I have one of the C's, I'll have to give them another look.
Well I went shopping and found the C's for $20... so I have 2 white, 1 grey, and 1 black on the way!! :D
Thanks for reminding me about them.

Now off to see if I can find wraps for them! :blowkiss:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
the thing about stab, depending on where you get it, you may not know what your going to get.

but, i will say, i think you owe it to yourself to get one. a LUNA would be a fine example. not everyone likes everything, but i have yet to see someone not like stab. now, out fo the box, stab is a flat finish, put something on it = bam, and sometimes BAMMMM !

View attachment 156629 View attachment 156630

Love mine!

20190518_130324.jpg20190711_115604.jpg 20191206_150027.jpg

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

I forgot how absolutely beautiful wraps can really be. I'm going to check my mods for one that can be wrapped. Do you remember the eBay seller? I just love the butterfly. AND the dragon.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I forgot how absolutely beautiful wraps can really be. I'm going to check my mods for one that can be wrapped. Do you remember the eBay seller? I just love the butterfly. AND the dragon.
The Dragon I bought was on Ebay- not allowed for sale there any more, but the vendor is still there- so maybe a message to them and ask about mod wraps.
ORDER NUMBER
162253257981-1799937072006
SOLD BY
streetwrapz(1 item)
Skin Decal for KangerTech NeBox Vape Mod / Dragon Japanese Style Tattoo

The Butterfly Fairy is Amazon and There is a seller there for the Dragon too.
51LjrYaqNkL._AC_AA180_.jpg

51yF2S+REzL._AC_AA180_.jpg

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Hun, I responded to this yesterday. Try www.alohma.com they have the red (pink/purple) and yellow resin still in stock for $10, as of yesterday afternoon when I looked.

Thanks for this link- I ordered this one yesterday- already shipped out today- I needed the RBA and this price was to good to pass by!
I got the red which is the Pink/Purple
:hug:

VU Sponsors