Become a Patron!

What is the difference between RDA RDTA ect....

Just wondering what all the acronyms stand for and look like as far as RDA, RDTA, TDA, Sub Ohm and so forth. Anyone give me a hand with this?

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I'll do my best since sadly we don't have standards but

RDA = rebuildable Dripper Atomizer - aka no tank you build your own coils and drip juice when it's dry (example Tsunami 24)

RTA = rebuilable tank atomizer - aka you make your coils and there is a tank u fill and it wicks itself form the tank (example boreas)

RDTA = rebuildable dripper tank atomizer - aka like an RDA but with a tank under it instead of around it and it wicks form the bottom tank (example azeroth)

TDA? no idea never heard that one

Sub Ohm = any coil under 1 ohm so a sub ohm tank has premade coils less then 1 ohm (example TFV8)

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Don't forget RBA - rebuildable atomizer

You see this term sometimes, and it refers to any type of atomizer that you can rebuild the coils, RDA, RTA and RDTA

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Don't forget RBA - rebuildable atomizer

You see this term sometimes, and it refers to any type of atomizer that you can rebuild the coils, RDA, RTA and RDTA
lol i remember before we had RTAs and RDTAs and the RBA/RDA were used interchangeably really. crazy how we never got set standards. Now thankfully I only see the word RBA for decks that come with non rebuild able tanks.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
lol i remember before we had RTAs and RDTAs and the RBA/RDA were used interchangeably really. crazy how we never got set standards. Now thankfully I only see the word RBA for decks that come with non rebuild able tanks.

I know what you mean. The RDA/RBA thing was very, very confusing to me when first trying to figure out the whole rebuildable thing :facepalm:

That's why it jumped out at me when reading your excellent answer, lol

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I know what you mean. The RDA/RBA thing was very, very confusing to me when first trying to figure out the whole rebuildable thing :facepalm:

That's why it jumped out at me when reading your excellent answer, lol
If everyone would just agree on better definitions it would be great. but then you have steamcrave calling the aromamizer Supreme an RDTA lol even the manufacturers can't get shit right.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
===================================
R – Rebuild-able: Means that the coil/wick of the atomizer is rebuild-able. We know that almost all atomizer coils can be rebuilt if you are expert, such as CE4 clearomizer or EVOD BCC. But here only means those atomizers with open electrodes designed for vapers rebuilding on it to get different resistance, and different amount of cloud.
D – Dripping: Drip the ejuice onto the wick through the drip tip manually when the ejuice run out.
T – Tank: the container to hold ejuice.
A – Atomizer: yes, you know what it is :)

So, here we get it:

RBA means: Rebuild-able Atomizer
RDA means: Rebuild-able Dripping Atomizer
RTA means: Rebuild-able Tank Atomizer
RDTA means: Rebuild-able Dripping Tank Atomizer

but, What the differences?

First of all, we can call all of these “RBA”, cos all of these are designed for rebuilding. RBA is a general name, but there are something different between each other.

Courtesy of Emma Zhang on LinkedIn

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
T – Tank: the container to hold ejuice.

Kind of. The tank is the part of RTA and RDTAs that hold the juice on the atomizer.

RTA the tank is on top, RDTA, the tank is on the bottom. At least in my world, lol

VU Sponsors