Become a Patron!

What is the ideal PG/VG content for nicotine salt base?

JMB17

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I hope someone is able to help me on this. I have a ton a 0 nic juices and I wanted to add a nicotine salt base. I've found a bunch of calculators to show how much nicotine to add to make your own juices but I've only found one calculator to calculates how much nicotine to add to a pre-made bottle of juice. The only problem is that it doesn't account for the PG and VG content. The bottle of juice that I have is 30/70 PG/VG. I found a few sites online that sell 100mg nicotine salt bases but they come in either 100 PG, 100 VG, or 50/50. I want to keep the PG/VG content more or less the same (unless anyone knows what the ideal content would be in this case taking into account which nicotine salt base to get). I'm sure there's a simple answer out there but this has gotten me stumped. Any help would be appreciated!

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I hope someone is able to help me on this. I have a ton a 0 nic juices and I wanted to add a nicotine salt base. I've found a bunch of calculators to show how much nicotine to add to make your own juices but I've only found one calculator to calculates how much nicotine to add to a pre-made bottle of juice. The only problem is that it doesn't account for the PG and VG content. The bottle of juice that I have is 30/70 PG/VG. I found a few sites online that sell 100mg nicotine salt bases but they come in either 100 PG, 100 VG, or 50/50. I want to keep the PG/VG content more or less the same (unless anyone knows what the ideal content would be in this case taking into account which nicotine salt base to get). I'm sure there's a simple answer out there but this has gotten me stumped. Any help would be appreciated!
[Redacted]

I'll have to doodle on a notepad a bit to figure out the math otherwise - you could also buy two bottles of nicotine, one VG 100% and one PG 100% and mix them, that would be a bit more trouble but an option

Depending on your vaping device, more PG or more VG may either actually benefit - if you like to drip, high VG is great - if you use little pods, more PG certainly won't hurt

Last edited:

JMB17

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
This store has 70/30 and other mixes
https://www.nudenicotine.com/product/500ml-100mgml-100-pg-nicotine-base-for-mixing-only/

I'll have to doodle on a notepad a bit to figure out the math otherwise - you could also buy two bottles of nicotine, one VG 100% and one PG 100% and mix them, that would be a bit more trouble but an option

Depending on your vaping device, more PG or more VG may either actually benefit - if you like to drip, high VG is great - if you use little pods, more PG certainly won't hurt

Does that site just have regular nicotine bases or do they also have nicotine salts? I'm currently using my uwell crown 3 but I also bought a breeze specifically for the salt bases. So for the pods higher pg is better? How would I achieve that with my juice already being 30/70 pg/vg? Which concentration nicotine salt base should I get? I've never mixed before so this is all new to me. Is there a specific formula that takes into account the pre-made concentration and the nicotine base concentration?

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Does that site just have regular nicotine bases or do they also have nicotine salts? I'm currently using my uwell crown 3 but I also bought a breeze specifically for the salt bases. So for the pods higher pg is better? How would I achieve that with my juice already being 30/70 pg/vg? Which concentration nicotine salt base should I get? I've never mixed before so this is all new to me. Is there a specific formula that takes into account the pre-made concentration and the nicotine base concentration?

If you're mixing for a pod, go ahead and get that 100% PG salt base - you want thin liquid so it wicks well

I apologize for the bad link, I didn't read it carefully enough - I thought it was Salt my mistake

JMB17

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
If you're mixing for a pod, go ahead and get that 100% PG salt base - you want thin liquid so it wicks well

I apologize for the bad link, I didn't read it carefully enough - I thought it was Salt my mistake

Okay I'll do that! No worries, I checked the site out and they also have nicotine salt bases but they only come in 100 pg or 100 vg which is convenient since I'll take your advice and get 100 pg. Thanks for your help! It sucks because none of the vape shops in my area sell nic salt juices. There's just one that's 30 minutes away but they only have fruity flavours. I can't vape fruity shit for the life of me. Thanks again!

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
For the price of shipping (under $3) Nude Nicotine will send you a sample of their nic salts. I would ask for 100mg pg base.

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
I would also get some protection. Person that never mixed anything, yet we aiming right for the 100mg lol
I think you should get lower dose because salt or not 100mg isn't regular table salt, in fact nothing even to do with it, and still be harmful when handled the wrong way. Your pg/VG will change a lot as well, and so will be your flavors. Make sure you have a 2nd bottle on hand or you might find it very unsatisfying.

JMB17

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
They don't even ship to Canada. They ship to Bulgaria but not Canada. Good Lord :slowclap:
I know I'm aiming high. This might be my first time mixing with nicotine but it's not my first time messing with harmful chemicals. Safety first

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
@TrollDragon may know of a site. I'm in the US and use Liquid Nicotine Wholesale for my salts. Nicotine River salts are recommended as well.

JMB17

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
@TrollDragon may know of a site. I'm in the US and use Liquid Nicotine Wholesale for my salts. Nicotine River salts are recommended as well.

I was actually looking at Liquid Nicotine Wholesalers and they do ship to Canada for like $7 which isn't too bad considering I normally pay $15-$20 shipping whenever I order juices or mods online.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I was actually looking at Liquid Nicotine Wholesalers and they do ship to Canada for like $7 which isn't too bad considering I normally pay $15-$20 shipping whenever I order juices or mods online.
I've used about 300ml of their salts so far and was happy enough to start ordering by the liter. Very smooth.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I'm happy to hear that because I haven't heard any reviews about them until now!

I'm also vaping Liquid Nicotine Wholesalers nicotine salt, I have been since I ordered it a couple weeks ago :) it has a mild tobacco flavor at high %s (like at 20mg/ml, with no other flavors) in my opinion, which I don't mind. Not noticeably different if you have other good flavors in there

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I'm also vaping Liquid Nicotine Wholesalers nicotine salt, I have been since I ordered it a couple weeks ago :) it has a mild tobacco flavor at high %s (like at 20mg/ml, with no other flavors) in my opinion, which I don't mind. Not noticeably different if you have other good flavors in there
I mix my cousin and uncle's juices at high mg and they aren't picking up any tobacco notes. Your palette must be wicked sharp.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I mix my cousin and uncle's juices at high mg and they aren't picking up any tobacco notes. Your palette must be wicked sharp.

I only taste it if I have 0 other flavoring, so it's "unflavored" e-liquid, that's the only way I taste the nicotine. It's nothing like regular nicotine though, it has a kinda nice earthy plant-y taste I guess? And super mild, like I said, I can't tell it's there if I add even 5% flavoring of anything else

Edit: What color has your nicotine from LNW been? Mine is very brown

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Two bottles have come clear and one a very pale yellow. The pale yellow had no off tastes. I haven't had any turn dark on me. some of my mixes are 3 months old and still very pale. Maybe yours was exposed to heat enrout.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Two bottles have come clear and one a very pale yellow. The pale yellow had no off tastes. I haven't had any turn dark on me. some of my mixes are 3 months old and still very pale. Maybe yours was exposed to heat enrout.

:( Yeah, mine is very brown. But hey now we know it still tastes nice even after oxidizing. :rolleyes:

It is not noticeably darker than when I received it -
IMG_20180308_102517-756x1008.jpg

Probably won't order from them again though... they got half of my order wrong (sent regular nicotine the first time as well as a different brand of flavor I ordered) and now you say this ought to have been clear, alas.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
:( Yeah, mine is very brown. But hey now we know it still tastes nice even after oxidizing. :rolleyes:

It is not noticeably darker than when I received it -
View attachment 105992

Probably won't order from them again though... they got half of my order wrong (sent regular nicotine the first time as well as a different brand of flavor I ordered) and now you say this ought to have been clear, alas.
My labels look nothing like yours. Even the font is different.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Sure, give me a minute I have an unopened liter in the freezer.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Black cap is the 240ml, other is 1 liter.
2018-03-08 10.56.52.jpg 2018-03-08 10.58.25.jpg

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I was wrong about label on 240ml. Haven't seen since I broke it down for freezer. Kept it for when I ordered the bottles for the liter. Which I need to do now, keep forgetting.:facepalm:

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I would think the liter should have something different about it from regular nicotine to distinguish the two...does it say salt anywhere on the label? They sent me a bottle of not-salt with my original order, you know... :huh:
I never even noticed, hadn't opened the bag until I took the picture. I'll have to email them.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I got a .5 liter of 100mg recently and the first thing I thought when I smelled it was it smelled like the tobacco juices I started with. After cutting it down to 50mg the smell remains but I'm mixing it at around 6% so I don't taste it.

JMB17

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I got a .5 liter of 100mg recently and the first thing I thought when I smelled it was it smelled like the tobacco juices I started with. After cutting it down to 50mg the smell remains but I'm mixing it at around 6% so I don't taste it.

Did you try mixing the 100mg one you bought or didn't bother?

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did you try mixing the 100mg one you bought or didn't bother?

Yes, I cut it with a .5 liter of PG to get the strength to 50 for handling purposes. I've been vaping it exclusively for about 2 weeks now and it's fine. No odd taste and it does its job. It does come discolored which is normal for salt nic. The usual nic is clear and discolors when it reaches a certain level of oxidization. I contacted the company and they responded straight away to say it's normal. I also found a couple of other companies that say the same on their websites. I was using regular nic at 2.5mg in RDAs and I'm using this at 5mg and it's smooth tasting. I recommend it and LNW.

A big thanks to @Letitia9 for turning me onto LNW. :cheers:

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Mine is a pale yellow. However, I put some in a clear glass bottle and realized the bottle it comes in makes it look darker.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I have actually never mixed the salts in unflavored base. I mix 8mg and can't taste them and when mixing the smell is very discernable. My taste buds did not recover as well as most after quitting smoking tho. Some days wish my sense of smell hadn't recovered just fine.

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
I normally order my free nic and salts from nicotine river, there's no smell or coloration to it, however I find myself not wanting to spend the shipping amount or minimum amount to get free shipping, especially if you've spend so much that month already on flavoring or/and need to place a other order with a different vendor because NR is out of stock or doesn't carry it. Not very common but it does happen and with my luck it happens every 4th or 6th order lol. I'm glad @Letitia9 and @Pegleg Meg are pointing out other places and giving their honest opinion and experience, kinda rare lately around here. Very appreciative, I'll give it a try since I ordered only 150ml last time to see if I like it, should be done with it by the end of the month. Not sure if we actually helped the OP but hey it helped at least some of us lol. Thanks again, guys.

Edit, also I'm done paying the dam vape tax here in Cali, I hope we find a cure soon, this state is just getting out of hand, and gets worse daily :(

JMB17

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I normally order my free nic and salts from nicotine river, there's no smell or coloration to it, however I find myself not wanting to spend the shipping amount or minimum amount to get free shipping, especially if you've spend so much that month already on flavoring or/and need to place a other order with a different vendor because NR is out of stock or doesn't carry it. Not very common but it does happen and with my luck it happens every 4th or 6th order lol. I'm glad @Letitia9 and @Pegleg Meg are pointing out other places and giving their honest opinion and experience, kinda rare lately around here. Very appreciative, I'll give it a try since I ordered only 150ml last time to see if I like it, should be done with it by the end of the month. Not sure if we actually helped the OP but hey it helped at least some of us lol. Thanks again, guys.

Edit, also I'm done paying the dam vape tax here in Cali, I hope we find a cure soon, this state is just getting out of hand, and gets worse daily :(

Hahah yes all of this has actually been very helpful to me! Thank you all!

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I would think the liter should have something different about it from regular nicotine to distinguish the two...does it say salt anywhere on the label? They sent me a bottle of not-salt with my original order, you know... :huh:
Just wanted to thank you for pointing out the label on the liter bottle. Contacted LNW and they immediately shipped out a liter of salts to me. Great company, I will continue to order from them. I have had this in my freezer since December, had they wanted to they could have found a way to get out of it I'm sure. Not a word was mentioned or a question asked about time frame. Just so pleased right now. Thank you again @Pegleg Meg.

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Just wanted to thank you for pointing out the label on the liter bottle. Contacted LNW and they immediately shipped out a liter of salts to me. Great company, I will continue to order from them. I have had this in my freezer since December, had they wanted to they could have found a way to get out of it I'm sure. Not a word was mentioned or a question asked about time frame. Just so pleased right now. Thank you again @Pegleg Meg.
See and here I sit arguing with nicotine river over there last shipment I have in my freezer since January. I felt a bit of a harshness to the regular nic, that my two prior orders didn't have. Asked them to do a batch test, not demanding anything just wanted an answer about me being paranoid, or the last batch just not up to par due to the sale and people maybe overlooked something.

Normally never had an issue with their CS, but this time they giving me a run for my money, arguing that even if there's an issue that order was placed and received a month and a half ago and I should have checked.. Now nicotine isn't expensive I wasn't thinking of getting a free replacement, but at least be reasonable because stuff like that can and will happen, but don't be an ass about it lol.

So yes moving on to other companies.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
See and here I sit arguing with nicotine river over there last shipment I have in my freezer since January. I felt a bit of a harshness to the regular nic, that my two prior orders didn't have. Asked them to do a batch test, not demanding anything just wanted an answer about me being paranoid, or the last batch just not up to par due to the sale and people maybe overlooked something.

Normally never had an issue with their CS, but this time they giving me a run for my money, arguing that even if there's an issue that order was placed and received a month and a half ago and I should have checked.. Now nicotine isn't expensive I wasn't thinking of getting a free replacement, but at least be reasonable because stuff like that can and will happen, but don't be an ass about it lol.

So yes moving on to other companies.
I asked LNW if they wanted the nic back as it hasn't been opened they said keep it for the trouble. Fantastic cs, love these guys!:inlove:

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
When I order mine I'll let you guys know what colour it is.
It's a dice roll getting nic shipped into Canada, I had a big Yaeliq order seized by the CBSA a while ago.

Some packages get overlooked, some don't... Good luck with your order though!

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Apparently this thread has been here for a few weeks, but I haven't seen it till now -- just wanted to throw in 2 things: 1) the only "ideal" PG/VG ratio is, whatever your body can cope with -- because either of them can cause problems for people, depending on what your own body can tolerate. And 2), the other thing I wanted to throw in is a link for a great calculator that allows you to set the nic level AND the PG/VG ratio for *every single ingredient you add* -- http://www.ecigvape.com/pvn_calculator.php -- I started using it when I was using the all-VG WTA since I can only handle a very small percentage of VG without serious breathing issues, and also I have to be careful with my nic level, because 20 yrs of ultra-lights left me with very low nic tolerance.

Hope either point is helpful!

Andria

VU Sponsors