Become a Patron!

What is the max preheat in tc for DNA250C

ziadtorkey

Member For 1 Year
I'm interested in buying lost vape paranormal dna250c. I just want to know what is the max preheat watt in temperature control?
I was going to buy a drag mod but I found that the max preheat is limited to 80 watts.
So can anyone of the paranormal owners help me with that?
Also what do you think of this mod?

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've got a Paranormal 250c headed my way in about two weeks. I'm reading everything I can find on it myself.

karacal

Member For 4 Years
On my 250C's I can set the Preheat to what I want but I believe it only goes up to 200 when actually used. I also changed my Theme to "Gauges" which shows the Preheat which you can adjust without being connected to Escribe.
7351f0d235ef6c2338778fe8367053d1.jpg
98397daaaa74ecedd352623e073ea020.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't get preheat in temp mode. If you want a faster ramp up time, set a higher watt level. Like if your coil needs 50w in power mode, set it to 70w in temp mode. Not fast enough? Somewhere between 70w and 250w, take your pick. The temp should stabilize at what you set it to, the watts is how quickly you get there.

Chokeslam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
As far as I know, max preheat wattage is the same as the device's max wattage, which varies depending on the number of cells in the device. 200w for 2 cells, 300 for 3, and 400 for 4.

Preheat isn't totally useless either, though replay almost makes it(and, really, TC in general) obsolete.

Say you're using an RDA. You figure out exactly what the max temp is you can use to avoid dry hits and set your wattage high enough for a quick ramp up, but the temp is too hot for your taste. You turn the temp down a bit, which works, but only until your wicks start to dry out. See, the device measures coil temperature, not vapor temperature, and the two aren't the same. If your coils are at 420 degrees for example, the vape will be hot with a fully saturated wick, but cooler the drier the wicks are. This is how TC works. Now you can either re-drip or crank the temp back to your max-without-burning temp to maintain the vape.

On the other hand, you can keep your temp at max and turn down the wattage. This way, when your wicks are fully saturated the wattage is just high enough to give you the vape you want without TC kicking in. Then once the wicks start to dry the device can continue to give the same vape a bit longer until the coils reach the temp limit. The problem here is that you sacrifice ramp up speed.

That's where preheat comes in. Set your preheat wattage to 50% higher than your preferred wattage, use the punch settings to set how close to your set temp you'll get before preheat deactivates, and the preheat will apply the extra wattage until you're close(based on the punch) to your max temp, then drop back to your normal set wattage.

This way you get the same vape every time until your wicks go dry. This method works very well once you've got it dialed in. As I mentioned though, replay gives basically the same result with much less tinkering. If you're having issues with replay though, or just like to tinker, you have that other option. That's what I've loved about Evolv boards from the beginning. Options.

Hope that made sense.

ziadtorkey

Member For 1 Year
As far as I know, max preheat wattage is the same as the device's max wattage, which varies depending on the number of cells in the device. 200w for 2 cells, 300 for 3, and 400 for 4.

Preheat isn't totally useless either, though replay almost makes it(and, really, TC in general) obsolete.

Say you're using an RDA. You figure out exactly what the max temp is you can use to avoid dry hits and set your wattage high enough for a quick ramp up, but the temp is too hot for your taste. You turn the temp down a bit, which works, but only until your wicks start to dry out. See, the device measures coil temperature, not vapor temperature, and the two aren't the same. If your coils are at 420 degrees for example, the vape will be hot with a fully saturated wick, but cooler the drier the wicks are. This is how TC works. Now you can either re-drip or crank the temp back to your max-without-burning temp to maintain the vape.

On the other hand, you can keep your temp at max and turn down the wattage. This way, when your wicks are fully saturated the wattage is just high enough to give you the vape you want without TC kicking in. Then once the wicks start to dry the device can continue to give the same vape a bit longer until the coils reach the temp limit. The problem here is that you sacrifice ramp up speed.

That's where preheat comes in. Set your preheat wattage to 50% higher than your preferred wattage, use the punch settings to set how close to your set temp you'll get before preheat deactivates, and the preheat will apply the extra wattage until you're close(based on the punch) to your max temp, then drop back to your normal set wattage.

This way you get the same vape every time until your wicks go dry. This method works very well once you've got it dialed in. As I mentioned though, replay gives basically the same result with much less tinkering. If you're having issues with replay though, or just like to tinker, you have that other option. That's what I've loved about Evolv boards from the beginning. Options.

Hope that made sense.
This is the most efficient answer ever.
Thank you so much

Carmmond

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And dead on.... been doing this for a long time with TC but as he stated I’m now using replay because I don’t have to find the preheat settings whenever I change to a new type of coil.

Stan157

Member For 1 Year
I don't get preheat in temp mode. If you want a faster ramp up time, set a higher watt level. Like if your coil needs 50w in power mode, set it to 70w in temp mode. Not fast enough? Somewhere between 70w and 250w, take your pick. The temp should stabilize at what you set it to, the watts is how quickly you get there.

Mine only goes up to 120 joules in temp mode

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chokeslam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Mine only goes up to 120 joules in temp mode

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
One of the big drawbacks, in my opinion, of yihi chipped devices. As far as I know, they're the only ones the so that and I have no idea why.

VU Sponsors