Become a Patron!

What is the plastic extension tube for on the mutation X4?

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi people, today I recieved a Lemo V2( great tank, if it continues not to leak my favourit tank) and a mutation X4 clone.

I was using it, and noticed it was quite smaller than my el cabron, but in the packaging is an opaque plastic material extension, which makes it more the size of the other RDA. I have tried with and without the extention tube, not much difference but I like it without due to size and I am sure I get a bit more flavour.

So, its a very basic question, but what is it for? I understand it makes the RDA bigger, but what benefits does that provide? As you can tell I am still fairly new to this world, but it tastes lovely with a cappucino juice I made earlier.

harpo1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's to cool the vape down but it also mutes the flavor a little as well.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's called a Chuff Cap if it's a big bore delrin tube with a Oring.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ahh a chuff cap, thanks for that. So it cools the vape down, I guess if your using more power you would use it due to the heat? I was only using 15 watts and still having some fun, but it was the flavour that really had me.

The mutation without the chuff cap has more flavour than my el cabron, which is fairly large. I did want to buy a derringer clone, but the shop was out of stock. Wonder if there is anywhere I can get one, even china is OK I can wait, might look on fast tech.

EDIT: Yep, I can get it from fast tech. When I order my sig 50 or 75 I'l order one of them too.

Last edited:

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The Mutation was designed for high watts with the massive airflow it has. When you get a sig 75 or 100, Put a dual coil build in it at 0.2 Ohms and start at 60 watts. You will get a thick warm vape, At 75 watts you will need the airflow nearly wide open, taking 1 or 2 second deep toots.

VU Sponsors