Become a Patron!

What is this lol

Flyhigh92

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i made this coul twisted 26g k a1 on 20g k a1 and I ended up with this it registered a little under .2 ohms is it safe what is it lol I mean it works low volts even at high watts and it chucks clouds lol hopefully it's safe kinda not using it until I hear from someone thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 76
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 73

Flyhigh92

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
haha its so bad it was the first time i tried to use a drill.... lol

Dutch0hms

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Keep the wires parralel under tension and hit the drill, thats all about it :)
Goodluck building, Practice makes Perefect!

Flyhigh92

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i need spools of wire i didnt get nearly enough

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
as long as your batteries can handle the amp draw.. It's safe

I would call it a twisted wire coil.

And don't worry about making builds pretty. Pretty coil do not vape better than ugly coils. In fact I would argue in favor of the ugly, sloppy coil, vaping best.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why is it installed sideways?
No reason to do a vertical build for this application either.
Just do a horizontal build and pull the wick to the well from both sides.

MagicJosh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i made this coul twisted 26g k a1 on 20g k a1 and I ended up with this it registered a little under .2 ohms is it safe what is it lol I mean it works low volts even at high watts and it chucks clouds lol hopefully it's safe kinda not using it until I hear from someone thanks
Try sticking it in a drill and twisting it professionally! I wouldn't recommend that crap! No offence but it's all loose and stuff. Twisted coils is all I make and It's the easiest wire to build. Anyone can do it.

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Try sticking it in a drill and twisting it professionally! I wouldn't recommend that crap! No offence but it's all loose and stuff. Twisted coils is all I make and It's the easiest wire to build. Anyone can do it.
CORRECTION: Single wire basic coils are easiest lol. Honestly, loose or super right twists really have no effect on whether a coil works. Some prefer a tighter twist so the juice flows between twists, some prefer a looser twist so juice gets in between the wires. IMO, as long as the inside of the coil makes complete, good contact with wick you can call it good.

MagicJosh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
CORRECTION: Single wire basic coils are easiest lol. Honestly, loose or super right twists really have no effect on whether a coil works. Some prefer a tighter twist so the juice flows between twists, some prefer a looser twist so juice gets in between the wires. IMO, as long as the inside of the coil makes complete, good contact with wick you can call it good.
I like to always be safe! ;) You can always use spaced wraps!

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I like to always be safe! ;) You can always use spaced wraps!
Totally agree. Currently I am running regular Claptons in one RDA, fused claptons in another and staple coils in yet another. Gonna throw some juggernauts in another RDA shortly.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It can be done manually, just takes a lot of time and patience and requires more twisting then what OP did, a lot more.

Did my first few twisted manually, tied one end to the door knob and the other around a rod and started spinning (and spinning and spinning some more) :D

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
It can be done manually, just takes a lot of time and patience and requires more twisting then what OP did, a lot more.

Did my first few twisted manually, tied one end to the door knob and the other around a rod and started spinning (and spinning and spinning some more) :D
I cut up a clothes hanger and made a finger loop on one end and a hook on other. I used one strand and looped it over a screwdriver and just began using the finger loop hook to twist it

MagicJosh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I did too! HAHA! Funny! Then I said to myself... I have a dam drill! All I have to do is press a button. True story! Its the only fancy coil I can build! One day I might try a clapton one day.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What's most important with twisted is to keep the tension, otherwise the wire will twist on itself.

anen

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Since it survived dry fire it is safe,.. But is that vertically installed or is it horizontal? What is the benefit of putting it in like that?

VU Sponsors