Become a Patron!

What is "Vaper's Tongue" and How to Get Rid of It

StyleunoLiquid

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
A little while back I had been vaping this juice for about a month straight, it wasn't the best but my buddy had it in abundance and we figured we'd save money, then eventually it became unbearable and the taste was just completely gone. One of my friends told me I had "vaper's tongue", I had no clue what it mean so I looked it and did some research on it and now I've written a blog post on it in case this has happened to anyone else and they're wondering why it happened and to do about it. What is "Vaper's Tongue" and How to Get Rid of It

FlavoVape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks for sharing

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

ImmortaliT

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Interesting it makes me want water and a dental check up though. Lol

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Your link is invalid. I woke with Vaper's Tongue this morning. I admit, I do NOT drink as much water as I'm supposed to.

I researched online and found several so called remedies. Has anyone found a quick fix for this? Although the flavor of any rotation juices fall flat, I hear menthol will work quite well. I just poured out 120ml of Mint Cig. It really did taste awful but it was strong in menthol. I'll try adding a drop or two of Super Menth in a small tank and see how that goes. Damn.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think it's mostly a myth. Sometimes I don't taste my juice as strongly as other times, but thern I eat something, and after that, the flavor comes back. I can't say I've really suffered this. One thing I HAVE suffered, and still suffer to some degree, is "ex-smoker's recovering tastebuds"; some days, EVERYTHING I vape, eat, drink, tastes WEIRD. The next day, it's back to normal. I used to love italian sausage; now I can't abide it. And then there's the fact that I still need +25% flavoring, or I can't taste my vape at all -- after nearly 3 yrs smoke-free. That's ok; I really didn't think 39 yrs of smoking were going to leave me unaffected, or that I'd get over it quickly.

Andria

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vapers tongue is caused by the defense response of your body, you taste, your body is warning you, little or no taste, your body has accepted the foreign body. For me, I open a can of fresh coffee and take a big whiff, seems to work, just a personal experience.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
When I had vaper's tongue it lasted nearly a full week. The taste of food and drink was not affected by it, just the taste of anything that I vaped only excepting juices that contain menthol. In my case the flavor of the vape wasn't muted, but instead it tasted all salty. I generally don't like menthol because typically it tends to be a very overpowering freshness, but I read online that it helps cure vaper's tongue so I took some Tropical Breeze by Craft Vapes that I had still lying around and I toned down the menthol by adding some other (non menthol) fruity flavor juices directly into my RDA until the menthol had just the right strength. I vape direct-to-lung and I found that in addition to the menthol, preventing the vape from hitting my tongue on the inhale also helped so was able to tone the menthol down further as a result. Frequently kept drinking sparkling water taking small sips at a time letting it rest on my tongue before swallowing. So that's how I continued vaping for several days, and, even though I had also read online that sucking on a lemon also helps, I am no big fan of overpowering sour taste either so instead I grabbed some Lemon Tart by Dinner Lady. Switched back and forth between this and the menthol. By using two separate RDAs, that is. Noticed my taste buds had recovered, but didn't want to run any risk of losing them again so took a few puffs of the menthol stuff every once in a while for one more day.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't had vapers tongue (thankfully) but something that comes to mind and might help. Maybe something like biotene oral rinse? It's sort of minty and it's a different texture than mouth wash so it tends to remain in the mouth and on the tongue longer. It works the same way, swish and spit but it's a little oily so it remains to combat dry mouth.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I still have it this morning but I drank 32oz of water yesterday. To get my nic fix, I had to vape what was already in my tanks.

I have some softball size lemons. As much as I hate the tart taste I'll slice them fairly thin and grab one every 30 min or so. I also have American Tobacco and Supper Menth (18mg) and Stawberry Lollipop (0 nic). I'll set up 2 RDAs. Between the 3 possible cures, one should stick!?

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I still have it this morning but I drank 32oz of water yesterday. To get my nic fix, I had to vape what was already in my tanks.

I have some softball size lemons. As much as I hate the tart taste I'll slice them fairly thin and grab one every 30 min or so. I also have American Tobacco and Supper Menth (18mg) and Stawberry Lollipop (0 nic). I'll set up 2 RDAs. Between the 3 possible cures, one should stick!?
What do you mean you'll slice them fairly thin? Lemon Tart is an e-liquid, it's from an English brand called Dinner Lady.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I can not vape, Carambrda. I literally have to chew and consume real lemons. I did cut them about 1/2 inch apart. And, I have to say it is working. Quite well in fact. I'm trying not to vape except after meals and took a siesta after eating about 5 wedges this afternoon. I hope to have my smell and taste fully restored by tomorrow.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I can not vape, Carambrda. I literally have to chew and consume real lemons. I did cut them about 1/2 inch apart. And, I have to say it is working. Quite well in fact. I'm trying not to vape except after meals and took a siesta after eating about 5 wedges this afternoon. I hope to have my smell and taste fully restored by tomorrow.
So you tried to vape the Lemon Tart, but you disliked it? (For me, vaping that one seemed to work even better than vaping the menthol stuff, but without the overpowering sour taste of consuming real lemons, that is.)

Have you tried the trick of drinking carbonized water yet? (I generally dislike the mineral taste and overpowering fizziness of carbonized water, but to every rule there exists an exception so nowadays I always keep coming back to carbonized water from a French brand called Badoit.)

Chinamatic

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I experience vaper's tongue from most e-juices. I did find that I don't succumb to it as quickly with certain juices over others. My solution is to always have a few main "go to" juices while alternating other flavours throughout the day. Also my main juices seem to all have the similar characteristic of being subtle, not in your face flavours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttatlanta

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
In case if you wanted to read an article that started this thread, there it is – preserved for eternity in a good ole time machine.

VU Sponsors