MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Mine was part tortie manx and bombay.
he was the runt of the litter that turned out to be a BEAST, 25lbs of lean black panther.
Stubborn, would dig his heels in and lean, nibble your nose and chin, and bitch if you were to loud. I miss the hell out of him.
Leo will lay atop the sub when I play music loudly.......his sister Phoebe will retreat to her hiding spot that she is convinced I am not aware of.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
When Pugsly was alive we had a relationship that mimicked the relationship of Chief Inspector Jacques Clouseau and his live in mate "Kato" who was always trying to kill him when he arrived home.

It was always a nightmare walking in the door not knowing where the "Pugs" was hiding and what method he was going to rely on to dispatch me as quickly as possible.

What a wonderful relationship we had .

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
When Pugsly was alive we had a relationship that mimicked the relationship of Chief Inspector Jacques Clouseau and his live in mate "Kato" who was always trying to kill him when he arrived home.

It was always a nightmare walking in the door not knowing where the "Pugs" was hiding and what method he was going to rely on to dispatch me as quickly as possible.

What a wonderful relationship we had .
*starts whistling "Love Hurts"*

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Mine was part tortie manx and bombay.
he was the runt of the litter that turned out to be a BEAST, 25lbs of lean black panther.
Stubborn, would dig his heels in and lean, nibble your nose and chin, and bitch if you were to loud. I miss the hell out of him.

I had chills run up my spine when i read "beast" and a 25 pounder no less, sounds like a very formidable opponent for sure , "wow" , it even dug in it's heels , man , that thing don't play . I would of got the hell out of there asap.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wish i could stay but got to run , enjoyed it folks.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I had chills run up my spine when i read "beast" and a 25 pounder no less, sounds like a very formidable opponent for sure , "wow" , it even dug in it's heels , man , that thing don't play . I would of got the hell out of there asap.
LOL he was super gentle, only broke skin once.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
I used to have a neighbor who ran a Boxer rescue program. It was shocking to see how awful some of those dogs were treated before he got them. Confirming OP's suspicion: people suck.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's ok, I shaved. Much better now. ;-)

So the extra facial hair through him off , wasn't able to identify you , makes sense , was just keeping an eye on you , thats a good one for sure.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I used to have a neighbor who ran a Boxer rescue program. It was shocking to see how awful some of those dogs were treated before he got them. Confirming OP's suspicion: people suck.

Yup , can't disagree with you there , gave many of them the benefit of the doubt and tried hard to like them but the "suckmeter" always landed on people in the end, nothing i could do about it.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
This is why I've preferred the internet for social interaction since 2000. I rarely go out anymore, and when I do, I'd rather be at home.

1) People stink. My God...I swear half of the world doesn't bathe.
2) Online interactions have 2 great features "real life" sorely needs: mute and ignore.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
http://www.likazing.com/miracle-dog/ shit like this makes me wanna use a ball peen hammer on the person that did it... but it renews my faith that there is some humanity and compassion left in the world...
It also just cements the old adage 'some people just need killing'

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This is why I've preferred the internet for social interaction since 2000. I rarely go out anymore, and when I do, I'd rather be at home.

1) People stink. My God...I swear half of the world doesn't bathe.
2) Online interactions have 2 great features "real life" sorely needs: mute and ignore.

I'm very new to the net and only been on line for about two years , mostly doing research but within the last month or two i have opened up to social interaction and i am seeing whats popular etc...

I'm not married and don't have kids and have honestly avoided relationships since i really had no time and was very busy with adjusting to this new area and busy doing other things that i like .

I would be open to getting to know someone better if i thought they were right for me but i have never actively sought out anybody lol. My personality keeps me from doing that , i don't think i pick up on subtle signals well , usually unless i'm beat over the head and told outright i usually miss opportunities .

I don't dwell on it though , when i have chatted with somebody they usually tell me they think i'm funny but thats about it , nothing really more than that. I have been told that before many times over the years though so it's nothing new.

I guess i'm just an atrocious social internet participant who knows lol. Anyways , yes i agree , i'm convinced many don't believe in "soap" , they just get in the shower , get wet and dry off . Saves time but not that effective.

angus67

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There is a small corner store out by my place, and one day, I walked up to the door. Someone had tied a young pit to the post. As I walked by, He took a swipe at me. grabbed my elbow, cut me pretty good. But as soon as it happened, he backed down, Kind of like"oh shit, I fucked up now". everybody was like "typical pit". I didn't go after the pit or yell or anything. the place was very busy. the owner came out and could not believe he would do that. I believe him. as we were talking , we both were standing very close to his dog, talking about pits. Dog could have got me again, but just stayed calm. He said he would have to be more careful leaving him with his 2 year old daughter. I told him not to worry, your daughter is safe. The incident happened with a couple deep cuts on inner elbow. He gave me his number. I went home. didn't call the cops or nuthin. Wife patched me up, and im good to go. But my wife made me call the sheriff. He insisted I file a report, because if I have medical bills, my insurance wont cover negligence of another person. So I did, just in case, and I was adamant that I did NOT want the dog taken away. That was last july. I think Im good. He lives in my area. and haven't seen him since. I hope the sherriff didn't take the dog away. Im more upset the sherrif didn't come back to tell me if the dog was vaccinated or not.
I love pits. I hope to have one someday. For now, my 2 labs are enuf.
Ide rather be bitten by a dog than a person.
For the record, Angus in my dog.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Would prefer to avoid being bitten by either but if i had to choose maybe a very small dog with a poor sense of accuracy and dull teeth.

angus67

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pups have needle teeth, and I was not pleased. I am prone to passing out in times like this, and almost did. fortunately, my neighbor's truck was right behind me, so I openend the passenger door, and sat down.

angus67

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Would prefer to avoid being bitten by either but if i had to choose maybe a very small dog with a poor sense of accuracy and dull teeth.
well, of course........Dogs have no money to sue for. lol

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I love animals too, it really bothers me to hear or see any neglected animals of any kind.

driver379

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I read former FBI profiler has always said that child predators are broken beyond any form of redemption, they cannot be fixed and need to be locked away or put to death.
I'll vote for the latter as I have enough trouble feeding me and mine. Whole lot cheaper and I'm sure we would all sleep better not having to wonder when they'll be let out to do it again.

driver379

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
When mom was leading up to her surgery and various things there was a lady with a pair of
max_400_great-pyrenees.jpg

Super sweet, super fluffy. They would shoulder block and LEAN into the person needing to pet them for stress relief the most.

I am a big dude but these ponies leaned into me enough it sat me on my ass and smothered me in dog slobber, and nudges. The hospital staff freaked out , the owner freaked out I was just sitting there laughing and roughing them up, I needed it at that moment.
I had to explain to the staff that was freaking out I was ok and fine, they were picking up I needed a laugh in the worst way. The owner was trying to explain they are super gentle, I assured her they were, I just needed some extra stress relief.
We have a big girl just like that guarding the goats and chickens right now. When you turn the kids out in the spring she'll guard them all(even the human ones) LOL

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Child abuse & animal abuse are 2 sides of the same coin

There are far more then 2 sides to that coin.
Many people defend the rights of cats and dogs, but what about other animals?

I do reptile rescues, most of my current 2 dozen reptiles were obtained from people who no longer wanted them. Either they gave them to me, I got them from a different person doing reptile rescues, or bought them from craigslist from people who no longer wanted them (which I also consider rescuing). Some of them came in sick and neglected, some were so far gone that I couldn't save them. I've kept some that I've rescued, I've also adopted out or sold some that I've taken in.

I've seen so called 'animal activists' cry about abuse of dogs, then say "so what?" when asked about a snake that was neglected, or say "it's just a rat" when questioned about a rat that was purposely burned. Child Abuse and Animal Abuse being 2 sides? Nah, sadly in society there are many sides. We were conditioned from birth to feel that different creatures have different levels of importance. People (likely in the order of babies, children, elderly, teens, then adults), then cats/dogs, then harmless wild animals, then food animals, then harmful wild animals, then rodents, then snakes. Toss in spiders and other insects/bugs in various places as well. Even though we are *all* just animals on the planet.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The funny thing about dogs and cats. I firmly believe they see the quality of your soul.

I have seen a lot of pets that are just terrified of certain people , probably who remind them of the person that abused them and it usually is men in my experience.

What i would do if i saw some dude beating on a helpless animal , and i'm the furthest thing from being violent but that would push me over the edge .

Anybody that does that is getting a very thorough ass kicking , it's just one of those things that is absolutely necessary and should be a mandatory requirement.

JColt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have 2 Boxers, 3 cats, 25 snakes, 11 hand sized spiders. 1 mean sum bitch lizard. They eat and see doctors before I do. I was almost arrested about 20 yrs ago. I took neighbors Rottweiler who he kept in between fence and garage with no food or water in freezing temps. Dog was skin and bones. He tried to claim him from me and told him no. He threw a punch and I handed him his lunch. He called cops. I said I found the dog like this and spent a good chunk of change at vet and on food. Cop looked like he wanted to punch the guy. He told the guy if he was forced to do a report then he would probably arrested for animal cruelty and assault. I had the dog 9 years before he passed at 13 yrs of age. He was fat and sassy and always had more covers than me in bed.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have seen a lot of pets that are just terrified of certain people , probably who remind them of the person that abused them and it usually is men in my experience.

What i would do if i saw some dude beating on a helpless animal , and i'm the furthest thing from being violent but that would push me over the edge .

Anybody that does that is getting a very thorough ass kicking , it's just one of those things that is absolutely necessary and should be a mandatory requirement.
I looked at it this way, out of my three kittehs I had they were my early warning system.
Abu, would be friendly kind of high strung but if he went aggro I told the person to GTFO.
Pugs was the humor alert.. his goofy nature would get the person to laugh.
Pup is the measuring stick on trust. He is always skiddish around new people and I can tell you on one hand how many people he just went right up to.

creeperfan5236

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So here is my short story. My wofe and i work a dog rescue, we got a cal later tonight from our local animal control. They lady asked if we could take in two puppies, of course we said sure. She proceeded to te us one is 4 months old and the other us.........wait for it...... 4 WEEKS OLD!!! WTF!!! She told us he was "found" in the middle of the road. Yeah right my ASS HE WAS!! I live in the chicagoland area and the weather is bad out here right now. Wind chill below 20 degrees righ now. He would have froze to death in a matter of minutes. The other boy we took had a cut under his right arm pit area, looked like he was cut with a knife. I have been rescuing for awhile now and the more i see the more i begin to not like people very much. It really pisses me off and makes me sick to my stomach when i see some of these babies we get coming through our rescue and see the abuse they have endured and still manage to lick my face when i come to their rescue. it just makes me want to go out and beat the shit out of some of these people and give them a taste of their own medicine. I also foster some of these dogs we get in, mostly the puppies are the ones i foster. The two boys i got tonight are safe and sound in one of my board memebers home.

Thank you for letting me rant.
I know how you feel man. My neighbor was telling me that his two pitbulls were both abused. One had it's ears cut off for fighting and the other I can't remember. Animal Abuse breaks my heart to pieces.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Guys, guys, guys, let's not forget about whole groups of people that are dedicated towards animal abuse.

Like PETA! Paying people to start fires at animal shelters, trying to get all pit bulls in the country put down, killing most of the dogs and cats they take in because it's not cost effective to try and keep them alive. The Humane Society of the United States is nearly just as bad.

Both PETA and the HSUS have been investigated by the FBI as terrorist organizations, neither group does anything to help out local shelters, neither group actually tries to protect animals.

russ81072

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Guys, guys, guys, let's not forget about whole groups of people that are dedicated towards animal abuse.

Like PETA! Paying people to start fires at animal shelters, trying to get all pit bulls in the country put down, killing most of the dogs and cats they take in because it's not cost effective to try and keep them alive. The Humane Society of the United States is nearly just as bad.

Both PETA and the HSUS have been investigated by the FBI as terrorist organizations, neither group does anything to help out local shelters, neither group actually tries to protect animals.
That just ain't right, i hate peta anyways.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537

VU Sponsors