Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Look wise, the tobh atty
Vapor wise, my stillare.
My two favorites so far!

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thats the exact range i build my Magma with , no need to sub ohm , i get the best flavor with builds from 1.4-1.8 with it typically running 15-18 watts.
magma still in my top 3 favorite rdas, especially when i want a tank like experience with a dripper. need to get the infinite version though my center post spins but vape is so good i build through it lol

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
magma still in my top 3 favorite rdas, especially when i want a tank like experience with a dripper. need to get the infinite version though my center post spins but vape is so good i build through it lol

No need to pay $24.00+ , i bought the 1:1 FT version based on reviews , when i got it i couldn't believe the quality so i bought another , both are excellent.

It's around $15.00 and change and most have commented that the FT 1:1 is by Infinite.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
yep thats what i was going to do. usually when something labeled as 1:1 with good reviews (much less 500 of them) on fast tech its a winner

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, i am real careful with FT stuff , unless i see great reviews (that are recent) i usually hold off but the 1:1 version got a ton of very positive reviews so i took a chance and wasn't disappointed.

They make a lot of versions but i usually go with the 1:1 , the larger versions do interest me though because some do look identical with a larger well for more juice .

Now the Veritas models are very different , with the Veritas , unless you go with the 1:1 you will get a much shorter and shallower well which is very unlike the original. I got the 1:1 with that one as well (only $8.00 and change) and it's been great .

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thats the exact range i build my Magma with , no need to sub ohm , i get the best flavor with builds from 1.4-1.8 with it typically running 15-18 watts.

I'm still trying to get the perfect build for it, but dual 1.6 ohm coils seems pretty good. My next try will be fatter wire and more turns, but still dual and aiming for similar 0.8 to 0.9 ohms overall.

No need to pay $24.00+ , i bought the 1:1 FT version based on reviews , when i got it i couldn't believe the quality so i bought another , both are excellent.

It's around $15.00 and change and most have commented that the FT 1:1 is by Infinite.

I bought 2 and am about to buy 2 more, lol! Don't care who makes it - it's a good 'un :D

Taylor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I picked up an orchid about 2 weeks ago and love it, I still prefer dripping attys but this is by far the best RBA I've used great post setup made for dual coils and nice juice channels, the airflow holes are great and once you get the wicking right it never clogs up or gives you dry hits, I can chain smoke it and always have a good flavorful hit

Kemosabe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Origen, magma, and veritas are my faves. Tobeco makes the Origen and veritas, FT 1:1 magma.

I also really like my trident and anima clone.

And I've got my eye on the big dripper clone. Maybe the plume veil or dark horse too.

Anyone know how the orchid compares to the aqua? I have an aqua and wonder if the orchid is much different.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I picked up an orchid about 2 weeks ago and love it, I still prefer dripping attys but this is by far the best RBA I've used great post setup made for dual coils and nice juice channels, the airflow holes are great and once you get the wicking right it never clogs up or gives you dry hits, I can chain smoke it and always have a good flavorful hit

You said it exactly. Get the Orchid wicks right, which is easy, and it is soooooo consistent, like a Kayfun except half the draw effort and twice the hit. I think the key to the great performance is, because the coils are so close to the deck and juice channels, the wicks can be really short, just long enough to reach the channel openings. With the juice source so close, no wonder the vape approaches dripper quality.

BTW, a perfectly set up Taifun GT benefits from the same short distance. Those who swear by them have mastered their trickier wicks to get the full benefit. By comparison, IMO, Orchid wicking is practically carefree. :D

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You said it exactly. Get the Orchid wicks right, which is easy, and it is soooooo consistent, like a Kayfun except half the draw effort and twice the hit. I think the key to the great performance is, because the coils are so close to the deck and juice channels, the wicks can be really short, just long enough to reach the channel openings. With the juice source so close, no wonder the vape approaches dripper quality.

BTW, a perfectly set up Taifun GT benefits from the same short distance. Those who swear by them have mastered their trickier wicks to get the full benefit. By comparison, IMO, Orchid wicking is practically carefree. :D

Wow, i like the sounds of that .

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow, i like the sounds of that .

Looks like a huge exaggeration when you bold what I wrote, and subjectively not really true. However, 2 x coils, 2 x juice channels, and 2 x air vents are not subjective. Y'all can estimate the results for yourself. :)

Last edited:

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
How does it compare to the big buddha?

rjmara

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Plume Veil on top of my stingray x, and a Fogger V4 on my Hana for the road trips.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How does it compare to the big buddha?

I don't have a BB but have thought about it. Comparing the two decks I have a hard time seeing how BB could outperform Orchid. A lot more build space to work with, but half the juice channels and less direct wicking.

bb edit.jpg 20140710_190541_1024x1024 edit.jpg

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Im loving my buddha, so i think I must give that a try. Vaping is proving out to be an easy way to bankrupt yourself... :D i order something like twice a week.

KREAM

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My fav atty right now is the Eleaf Lemo...adjustable airflow, glass tank, deep wells, easy to build on and easy to fill. Truly a Kayfun killer in my book. :D

IMAG0083.jpg

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Looks like a huge exaggeration when you bold what I wrote, and subjectively not really true. However, 2 x coils, 2 x juice channels, and 2 x air vents are not subjective. Y'all can estimate the results for yourself. :)

I don't have the mod so i rely on what others tell me about it who have first hand experience with it . To you, you may feel that it does perform like that so your comment about it would not be off base .

If you never tried it but commented about it anyway due to how it looked and it's features then i wouldn't put nearly as much cred into it but thats not the case.

Every person is going to have a slightly different view about it's performance anyway and i doubt any will be exactly alike.

Whats the point of being dishonest or to over exaggerate anyway , you know people are going to try it and either somewhat agree or say your way off .

Best to tell it like it is good and bad , i think people appreciate no BS reviews and besides , it doesn't take long to figure out dishonesty and the person being dishonest for whatever reason will quickly become irrelevant .

I enjoy everyones viewpoint , nobody should be discouraged to post theirs.

Last edited:

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
RDA = Veritas (I'm expecting to replace this choice with a soon to be obtained Lancia)
RTA = Orchid
Gennie = OZ22

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
RDA = Plume Veil
RTA = Orchid

I want to try a Magma but with these 2 I don't really need anything else.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Im loving my buddha, so i think I must give that a try. Vaping is proving out to be an easy way to bankrupt yourself... :D i order something like twice a week.

LOL, tell me about it , i didn't realize what a big hit my bank account was taking because i always ordered small stuff but man does it add up. Now i just get what i know i need to satisfy and avoid the wants .

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Exactly, buying small is the issue. You buy this, buy that, check you bank account, heart attack, remorse and finally panic. Thats how this syndrome progresses for me.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
In this case, being honest drove me to exaggerate. Truth in exaggeration! :D

I think we all tend to exaggerate when we are trying to convey something we are crazy about and love. As long as it isn't a gross exaggeration to where it becomes grossly false it's all good.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Exactly, buying small is the issue. You buy this, buy that, check you bank account, heart attack, remorse and finally panic. Thats how this syndrome progresses for me.

Yup, thats my progression as well , you fool yourself by thinking , it's only eight bucks , this item's only eleven bucks , no biggie.

As long as i stay away from the eighty dollar items i'll be fine but when you get your CC bill in the mail you become far from fine.

I wish i had the means to buy at will and not sweat it though , would be really nice.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
There was a time when I had a choice......Wife, or vape kit..........the decision was simples...AND I have more room in my bed!

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
right now it's my moded Kayfun lite clone. I will receive my Orchid V3 this week and it might over take my kayfun. second to this is my kracken's.

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yeah, i'm waiting until NOV to buy the V4 (just because i spent so much on vape gear this month) with kayfun quatrz kit. but I will have one of those might even have five. lol

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am in love with this Magma by Infinite. I really expected to hate it when I got it in, but the domed top cap makes for an intense flavor. The stock air holes aren't too bad and coming from the underside of the coil makes it nice.
I second that for flavor its great in fact I just opened her to rebuild I find that .8 -1.5 seems to work best for me
Magma makes meezo happy

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just received a few kanger giants the other day, with .8 ohm coils. Really enjoying them on my helmsman and hades 26650. I do have a few kayfun lite plus 26650 that also are pretty good, but all of them have a slight leak from the air control screw on the bottom (I set it and filled it with some wax). For a dripper I use tobh.

Taifun, and kayfun,russian clones, kanger mega, and nautilus just depends on what flavor I want that day, and what mod I have with me.
Yeah the .8 ohm Kanger coils are great I have been using them since they first came out with some Juices I like the Aero line with these better than a RDA

dmska

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well, I haven't tried a ton of them but the odin from loki labs is my current favorite.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm rocking my expromizer on a robbot zna clone. They look like they were made for each other.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Right now its definitely the Magma. I love this thing. Terrific flavor and a reasonable juice well.
Ain't that the truth. I build mine about 1.5 Ohms and rock it on the ipv V2 at about 35 Watts. Incredible flavor.

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ain't that the truth. I build mine about 1.5 Ohms and rock it on the ipv V2 at about 35 Watts. Incredible flavor.
Do you have a plume veil? How do they compare. I want to try other RDAs, but I'm hesitant because I don't know if they will be better.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I own pretty much every hot Atty out (plume,veritas,big dripper, magma, so on...) But I always go to the veritas with a single 24g coil on my Sig 100w running at 22w. Love it

Last edited:

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I will be giving away my Plumes tomorrow. I'm completely over them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I will be giving away my Plumes tomorrow. I'm completely over them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm sorry to admit I fell for rip trippers sales pitch for the plume veil never again flavor isn't all that great and its messy.

cloudz brah cloudzzz

Last edited:

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Do you have a plume veil? How do they compare. I want to try other RDAs, but I'm hesitant because I don't know if they will be better.
I have a Plume Veil. The Magma beats it for flavor (not clouds).

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like my messy plume veil. Doesnt hold much juice, but the flavor is great. have a veritas still trying to get right, and tobh that works well. Got a good deal on an authentic mephisto that should be in any day.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I like my messy plume veil. Doesnt hold much juice, but the flavor is great. have a veritas still trying to get right, and tobh that works well. Got a good deal on an authentic mephisto that should be in any day.
Try a single coil 24 gauge 2.4 dia about 8 wraps. Make sure the coils are tightly pressed together and just a few mm from the air inlet. It's the best I've found so far.
5795a78526583516086983a496dd8ada.jpg

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well following this discussion I decided to try a few more RDAs... because apparently I just have to much money. Ordered a Veritos and Poseidon.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well following this discussion I decided to try a few more RDAs... because apparently I just have to much money. Ordered a Veritos and Poseidon.

God, how awful , hope things get better for you , not too many things i hate more than having an abundance of excess cash.

VU Sponsors