Become a Patron!

What is your favorite mech mod and why?

Mechanical king

Bronze Contributor
Just as the title says. What is your favorite mech? Why is it your favorite? Looking to get a new one in about 2 weeks and was looking for y'alls opinions!

c.diehl

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Side fire, tiny and takes 21700s
f2b6010be7d850441e3acfe8d35013dc.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmmm. If I absolutely HAD to pick just one?
Probably the Vindicator 21. Dead simple, great hand feel, great machining, adjustable switch and performs awesome. 18650 and 2_700. Nearly perfect in it's class. Oh yeah. Can be had for 130 USD brand new.
20190601_175428_cr.jpg

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Probably the Vindicator 21. Dead simple, great hand feel, great machining, adjustable switch and performs awesome. 18650 and 2_700. Nearly perfect in it's class. Oh yeah. Can be had for 130 USD brand new.
View attachment 146475
Man I absolutely love that set up!!! If you ever sell I have dibs!

Last edited:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh yeah.. I forgot to mention why it is my favorite. It's because y'all suck big hairy ones!!!! ;)

sr20vet

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Favorite daily is my squeezer. I work in a harsh automotive environment and the price if I break it does it for me, also 20700 so I only have to carry 2 batteries for the day. Favorite outside of work is my meraki wave. Compact and light.
864ac9f425e33f6d6471d4ea39c1fbc5.jpg
0d0f99809cfff66ee367a131a69e9777.jpg

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Favorite daily is my squeezer. I work in a harsh automotive environment and the price if I break it does it for me, also 20700 so I only have to carry 2 batteries for the day. Favorite outside of work is my meraki wave. Compact and light.
864ac9f425e33f6d6471d4ea39c1fbc5.jpg
0d0f99809cfff66ee367a131a69e9777.jpg

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk
The squeezer also works with 21700.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
View attachment 146475
I'd have to echo this. Out of the ones I have it's virtually impossible to pick a favorite as they all offer something different, but If I have to pick only one of the group it would be the Kennedy Vindicator series for the same reasons @gsmit1 listed. One of the absolute best bangs for the buck.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Overpowered stacked - fantastic switch design, responsive, good safety features, stock rda it comes with takes a load of juice, has great flavour, easy to clean

would buy another for sure

2FB3E75B-FB48-48B2-8B82-9979E0C973C8.jpeg

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sure hope so.
I knew the ones I've played with were. He said in his post "good safety features" and I was curious if he had different Overpowered. To my limited knowledge the only safety featured on a hybrid were between one's ears.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Yeah I just meant sleeve inside,

the way switch sits flush with the base so no accidental pushing when standing up

contact separator between the cells keeps everything nice and tight (zero rattle),

has a sealed (I think silver) contact up top so no juice getting inside like most hybrids

think broadside but a bigger clutch system...pretty much responsive everywhere on the fire button

and happy being single 21700 or series

nice thick threads so will wear slower, also very quick to undo if you ever have that sort of situation and need to break the circuit

Last edited:

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Depending on which day you ask, depends on the answer you get. Presently its my 2JNT Pilak High Roller and my Morningstar Reactor. The 2JNT is probably the smoothest mod I have ever owned and used and its pretty. The Reactor because it is raw power. It is the only mod that I own, that I have used every day since owning.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Depending on which day you ask, depends on the answer you get. Presently its my 2JNT Pilak High Roller and my Morningstar Reactor. The 2JNT is probably the smoothest mod I have ever owned and used and its pretty. The Reactor because it is raw power. It is the only mod that I own, that I have used every day since owning.
That pilak is damn sweet all the way around.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
deffo just don’t think I’d want to use it haha too nice almost

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
deffo just don’t think I’d want to use it haha too nice almost

That is the only mod I have, that rarely leaves the house. I am more afraid of losing it than of damaging it.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
To my limited knowledge the only safety featured on a hybrid were between one's ears.
That applies to all mechs. A 510 pin isn’t a safety feature and hybrids aren’t inherently less safe. The user determines all of that. Don’t blame a lack of understanding on pieces of metal.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That applies to all mechs. A 510 pin isn’t a safety feature and hybrids aren’t inherently less safe. The user determines all of that. Don’t blame a lack of understanding on pieces of metal.
What the sam hell are you even talking about? Are you calling me an idiot because I asked a question about a particular feature and a particular mod of which I'm not the most familiar? Excuse the hell out of me for not having a PhD in mechanical and electrical engineering. I'm so tired of people thinking they are the only ones qualified to use a mech mod. It really isn't that complicated and not really difficult to be safe with one.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
With your attitude towards other members you belong over on ECF. This should be an open forum where all questions can be asked without fear of being talked down to. I don't know who you think you are, but just an FYI, you come across as a total ass....just saying

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
With your attitude towards other members you belong over on ECF. This should be an open forum where all questions can be asked without fear of being talked down to. I don't know who you think you are, but just an FYI, you come across as a total ass....just saying
I agree. Over on ECF is where people come up with all sorts of invalid arguments re vaping safely... they even go as far as to still insist that regulated mods are safer than mechs, even, after I already explained to them how anyone who assumes that the built-in safety protections of a regulated mod can be used to guarantee better safety is making the type of ill-informed assumption that is THE primary cause of vaping related accidents.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I got the mod and the SE Goon 25, both authentic with all the packaging and spares, in pristine condition from a guy on Reddit for 80 bucks shipped :rolleyes: :cool: :D
Holy shit that's a deal! I guess that makes it even less likely you'll be selling :cry:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Where did I say that? I didn't blame anything. Objects aren't unsafe. People are. Good job assuming someone is stupid because they admit that they don't know everything and realize other do know more.

think it was more as I said the word safety, ultimately don you are right mate, in that understanding and being switched on is key the most important part.

It would have been easier if I just said features but there you go ....always one

Tom_Forde

Member For 4 Years
View attachment 146475
Probably one of the best set ups out there. Have you gotten the constant contact switch for it?

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's a hell of a deal. Wish I wasn't broke from my latest buying frenzy.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Probably one of the best set ups out there. Have you gotten the constant contact switch for it?
I have not. I'm on a tight budget and if I hadn't gotten the deal I did on the mod and the RDA, I wouldn't even have those. The CCS cost almost as much as I paid for the setup itself. Just not in the budget and I'm getting great performance from the stock switch.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors