Become a Patron!

What Is Your Favorite Watermelon Brand?

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I couldn't take it anymore and dumped out my LorAnn's Watermelon because of the food coloring was driving me crazy.
I forgot I had made Tiger's Blood as it was put away for steeping. It needed to be tweaked which I did to some degree.
The only watermelon I have left is Tasty Puff. It is pretty good, but on the weak side. I'm looking for a good watermelon that isn't too sweet like candy. A hint of candy taste would be ok.
Thank you for any help with this flavor request.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
tastes vary, currently in <3 with inawera's melon..
it's like a sweet juicy orange watermelon..
next after that, jungle flavor's watermelon.. spot on! ;)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
FlavourArt. Bright, sweet, real. Very good. Their Melon (Cantaloupe) is excellent, as well. To me it has a cross of honey dew in it.

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
TFA Watermelon is a bit weak alone but if you add something else it pops.
I just made FA Watermelon for the first time for my sister in law. I'll see what she thinks of it.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
TFA Watermelon is a bit weak alone but if you add something else it pops.
I just made FA Watermelon for the first time for my sister in law. I'll see what she thinks of it.
I love FA watermelon. next time throw a little FA raspberry in it. really makes the watermelon pop.

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I love FA watermelon. next time throw a little FA raspberry in it. really makes the watermelon pop.
I did do just that! Although I didn't say much over there I took great notes.
Thanks for posting that recipe. I add it to TFA as well.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
lol mmmmm I love that one. you can taste the little black seeds in the watermelon and everything. they are a perfect match

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
You're not suppose to eat the seeds! ;)
I cant eat it at all. allergic but once a year I take a chance and eat a slice. my face and throat swells up and I cant see but its oh so good ha.

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I cant eat it at all. allergic but once a year I take a chance and eat a slice. my face and throat swells up and I cant see but its oh so good ha.
You are nuts! LOL
Just vape it from now on, being allergic to something is nothing to mess around with.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Capella Sweet Watermelon tastes unnatural to me, but not sweet/fake enough to be candy. If you're gonna make a fake-tasting fruit, at least make it taste like a lollipop or Jolly Rancher.

TFA Watermelon tasted chemical to me. I know a lot of other people like it, though.

FA Watermelon is the flavor of a real slice of watermelon. It's not one of FA's stronger flavors, and I edge up to 5% for a blast of flavor. I like to add a tiny hint of peppermint to make it taste cool. When I added (too much) FA spearmint, I was reminded of gum. I don't think you could ever get a candy watermelon flavor from it, though - it's very much the actual fruit.

I never tried Lorann, because I'm not into vaping neon colors, lol.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I vaped LA watermelon. not to shaby . wont do it again but had to try it because I used to make suckers with it and liked it alot

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks everyone. I'll give FA Watermelon a try.
@Smoky Blue "sweet juicy orange watermelon"? I'm not real sure about that Inawera flavor. I may give Jungle a look too. Thanks.

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
TFA Watermelon - Candy-like (jolly rancher-ish)
Inawera Watermelon (WG) is authentic ripe fruit
I've had other brands that tasted real to the fruit, but included a rind taste too.

skagit

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You are nuts! LOL
Just vape it from now on, being allergic to something is nothing to mess around with.

I'm allergic to shellfish. I have caught 35 Dungeness crab the last 3 days, and will have 10 more today. I just wear rubber gloves to clean and cook them.
My wife and child are crab freaks. Plus all those "friends" that know you go crabbing. Then the neighbors that see the crab cooker in driveway. Good bribe to get good work runs LOL

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks everyone. I'll give FA Watermelon a try.
@Smoky Blue "sweet juicy orange watermelon"? I'm not real sure about that Inawera flavor. I may give Jungle a look too. Thanks.

@FL_David .. the inawera melon.. it's just a bit different than regular watermelon..
i like it plain or added to other fruits..
i tried it with some of the jungle watermelon and oh wow..
but its an acuired taste.. orange watermelons are native to the EU and did make their way into the states many years ago..
i have a few heirloom seed for it, and had one growing last year.. it was super sweet!

You welcome! :)

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I looked for inawera orange watermelon and while I could be wrong, it looks like they all went to the red version.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Hm, I rarely like vaping melon, but that sounds intriguing! I don't think anyone else makes an orange watermelon flavor.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
it's a bit different..
one of my private recipes uses this and well.. combined with a second watermelon of a different brand.. ;)
the orange watermelon will over power it.. however, it shines up nice! :)

Bryon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I normally use TFA Watermelon, have not tried FA yet (still 30ml of TFA). I really like Watermelon + Dragon Fruit....very tasty indeed.

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Dr. Mike's Rad Vapors Melon Q is awesome. So is Namber's juice called Melanie
Been working on a Melon Q clone. I've got pretty close using TFA Honeydew and CAP Cucumber. I have every Watermelon, Honeydew, Melon and Cantaloupe flavor out there, I think. Been reproducing my favorite melon vapes from various companies. TFA Watermelon is very good but needs to be mixed with a honeydew, or other sweeter melon to bring out the flavor. All of my melon flavors are mixes so I cant really speak to the best stand alone watermelon. They each bring something unique to the table and I would recommend experimenting with a mix of your own.

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
the orange watermelon

Awww, ok. I was looking at watermelons, not the melon. I too may have to try that one also. It does look like a fun flavor to mix with.

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
BTW, INA WG Watermelon is great. It's sweet, but too sweet, authentic ripe fruit flavor, minus the rind, and not cany-like.

Err, I already posted this. Sorry folks!

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FA Watermelon... I just ordered some this week and tried it as a stand alone at 4%. Wow. Wow. No shit...

I have been eating a seedles watermelon about twice a week for about 5 weeks now and this is what it tastes like...... you know, one of thiose good red ripe ones.
No rind as Flowerpots would say. Real fresh tasting. Not candyish.

I tried every which way to get TFA to taste good (as in an all day vape) and I never did. Didnt care for the Lorans...had to use too much flavoring.

Im becoming an FA convert on many flavors and this is one.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
How much FA rasberry are you throwing in there when used as a stand alone ?
id start with 2% raspberry . usually i would do like 3% watermelon 2% raspberry or 2% watermelon and 1% raspberry. not sure I would do 4 and 3 tho. that raspberry is pretty strong.

DeadShort

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I tried adding VZSC raspberry to the FA watermelon, went down to .25% - totally overpowered the watermelon flavor.

disco180

Member For 4 Years
It seems as if at the end of the day if anyone else who has the best flavor, it always comes down to FA without a doubt when it comes to fruits and sweets.

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Anyone tried Nature's flavors watermelon? Curious as I can't find a watermelon I like. I'm not a fan of the fruit, or the candy, however I have some artificially flavored watermelon sorbet from a local ice cream shop and I LOVE It now if only they'd cough up their flavor supplier...

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Anyone tried Nature's flavors watermelon? Curious as I can't find a watermelon I like. I'm not a fan of the fruit, or the candy, however I have some artificially flavored watermelon sorbet from a local ice cream shop and I LOVE It now if only they'd cough up their flavor supplier...

fe watermelon and the honey peach are the best.. :)

the only bad drawback is.. they do not sell them in anything larger than 500ml

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I use NF watermelon in a mix that contains cantaloupe, honeydew, melon, maraschino cherry and coconut (sometimes a tad of brown sugar). All NF Organic. I have never mixed the watermelon by itself but to the smell, all of the NF melon varieties are very very similar. They are quite different than melons from other flavoring companies, but difficult for me to describe. Certainly not candy like, more like the real fruit.

VinceV1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use NF watermelon in a mix that contains cantaloupe, honeydew, melon, maraschino cherry and coconut (sometimes a tad of brown sugar). All NF Organic. I have never mixed the watermelon by itself but to the smell, all of the NF melon varieties are very very similar. They are quite different than melons from other flavoring companies, but difficult for me to describe. Certainly not candy like, more like the real fruit.
NF alone has a sand paper feel. It needs cream or other flavors.

Last edited:

BenjaTheNinja

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lor- watermelon clear if it's just a standalone flavor. Tfa watermelon if I'm mixing with other flavors. Can't stand Fa or inw watermelon. Cap was okay.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Flavorconcentrates brand Watermelon. No chemical taste just watermelon.

skeene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It seems as if at the end of the day if anyone else who has the best flavor, it always comes down to FA without a doubt when it comes to fruits and sweets.
except for blueberry, fw nailed it

Flavor Alchemist

Member For 4 Years
Medicine Flower......aka Lotus Flavors at ECX.....the absolute best vaping experience I have had .......at 1-2% standalone......steep 3 weeks UNbelievable watermelon.....

skeene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
you steep for 3 weeks! I much prefer shake n vape for fruits

disco180

Member For 4 Years
Inw Fruits are good but they haven't released any kind of data on the safety of their flavors like FA and some of the other companies

VinceV1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Inw Fruits are good but they haven't released any kind of data on the safety of their flavors like FA and some of the other companies
+1 but, European standards are higher for chemicals + diacetyl is not a high concern with fruits.

VU Sponsors