What Is Your "Go To" Build?

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The gauges , number of wraps, and I.D. will change depending on which atty and mod I'm using, but my "go to" build is a staged fused Clapton. Kanthal cores, nichrome wrap, nichrome staging.
Of all the builds I've tried, I still can't find anything that I like better than this one.

What's yours?

DSC_0532.JPG

Last edited:

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Same here I like my pre made clapton 26/32 around 2.5 with 6/7 wraps

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The gauges , number of wraps, and I.D. will change depending on which atty and mod I'm using, but my "go to" build is a staged fused Clapton. Kanthal cores, nichrome wrap, nichrome staging.
Of all the builds I've tried, I still can't find anything that I like better than this one.

What's yours?

View attachment 35258
Lately mine is a 2x22K/46N60 Fused Clapton (6 Wraps on a 3mm Bit)
20151105_151652-jpg.33422

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
24g 5 wrap 2.5 centered, just can't get away from it, I have tried twisted and claptons and a couple parallel builds. Nothing like your craziness:)

I like them but been lazy lately and I'm actually leaving a build on longer than 2 days, I just re wick and go.

I do want to try some wacky builds just haven't got the drive to mess with it.

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Usually just dual 2x26/36 fused claptons 5 or 6 wraps depending on the mod on a 2.4mm screwdriver.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I try to keep my go-to's simple. The particulars really depend most on the power source, but the goal is always fast, simple and effective. I try to make sure that my go-to's will perform satisfyingly adequate on any atty.

For my tube mods, I like to stick with dual 23's - 5 or 6 wraps around a 3/32 or 2.5mm. It used to be 24, but I like the flavor and heat boost from the extra thickness. It's just got such a nice balance of mass and pull. For airflow monsters, I'll do a 6 or 7 wrap dual 22g. For a nice, chewy vape, I will always stand by dual triple parallel 28g - usually 5 wraps around a 2.5 or 3mm bit.

For my series box, I'll do a 12-13 wrap, 2mm dual 28, or a 10-wrap, 1/8 or 9/64 dual 24. I also tend to put a lot of trust in standard claptons. Dual 38 or 40 around 28 or 24 has never done me wrong. I simply adjust wrap count and diameter to suit whatever power level I'm shooting for.

With regulated boxes, I don't really have a go-to. Honestly, I use those the least. I only break them out when building coils that would be dangerous or implausible to run on a mech. I like to use them for experimentation, so I don't often do repeat builds for them

Dmoney!

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

What's yours?

View attachment 35258
Twisted 26 gauge kanthal 5 wraps on a 2mm screwdriver coming in at .16 in the troll rda thrown on my dual parralel dimitri mech mod. Hits like a dream and the flavor is just right!

Last edited:

Sean.King

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For regulated mods its a dual 26g kanthal fused clapton with 36g N80. 6 wraps on a 3mm bits gets me .21 ohms.

For unregulated dual 18650 parallel box I like a dual parallel N80 coil, 22g. On a 3mm bit with 6 wraps I get .08 ohms.

For series I like a dual 24g N80 claptoned with 40g N80. On a 3.5mm bit its get about .31 ohms.

VU Sponsors