Become a Patron!

What keeps YOU vaping and how were you introduced to it?

Keenanw

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I started vaping 6 months ago when I flew out to Arizona. I knew about the small ecigs that looked like cigarettes and never cared for them at all because I thought they were fruity as hell. I had no idea about mods and all that crazy stuff until the first time I saw a guy with a mod blowing fat clouds and after a brief conversation with him I needed to get one, I was hooked before I even owned one. I started out with a cheap vape pen and it was on. After a week of no cigarettes on my vape pen I got my first mod which was a smok magneto with a igo-w atomizer and loved every aspect of vaping and a few months after that those clouds weren't good enough for me so to test the waters of box mods I bought a unregulated dual 18650 cigreen box mod and a mutation x v2 rda and started to do my own builds and digging deeper into the vaping culture. I now make my own max vg juice because local stores are stupid expensive and I only like to "chase clouds" so I burn through juice like a xxxxxxxxxx. I find a kind of peace when I sit down, get all of my tools ready and start building. I have a new build on my rda every single day and it's always something different. Some days ill mess around and have a different build every few hours if I have the time for it.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
My boyfriend bought an ego kit after seeing his nephew with one. It came with 2, he offered for me to try out the 2nd one, so I gave it a shot. I had NO desire to stop smoking. I wondered why he even bought the thing. I thought I'd lose my smoking buddy, it scared me to think about stopping. First reaction to it, I thought it wasn't bad, but didn't much care for the flavor of things I was finding locally, so started googling about ecigs. I had no idea how BIG this vaping thing was! I was smoking and vaping for about 3 weeks, then found a vendor that had some flavors that I really fell hard for. Once I started vaping his stuff, I was able to put the cigarettes down for good. That was about 19 months ago.

At about 6 months in, having joined a (different) forum and reading about pending regulations, I started researching DIY juice. I got hooked fast! I'm not super into mods and things, I have several ego types, a bunch of pro tanks and such, an MVP 2, an, itaste vv3 and a new to me Provari. I build my own simple coils. My main thing is DIY. I'm having a blast with that!

What keeps me vaping is how much better I feel since I stopped smoking, but that's just one thing that I love about it. I never knew how much I would NOT MISS it. I work with a lot of smokers and it's a real eye opener as to how it was for me. DIY keeps me vaping. I so enjoy having this hobby. Playing with flavors, being able to taste so many things I didn't even know that I couldn't taste. Having this community and the people in it has been the best. We're some pretty amazing people. Never would have expected all this from stopping smoking. It's pretty damn bad ass. The people here are pretty damn bad ass. I'm happy to be a part of all this.

Lots of things keep me vaping. The people here keep me coming back. VU came along at exactly the right time. We all needed this breath of fresh air.

Smokeybear

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
10387552_10153095415652889_1678018290972267548_n.jpg

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
one word: STRESS ;)

and my friend opened one of the first vape shops in my area at the time which is how I got introduced to it

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, me and my boys went to Vegas for the new years eve 2011 countdown, one of my boy was vaping an ego basic kit, then he said try it,which I did...
Why I still do it?
I like the Nic HIGH even though I'm down to 3mg...i like the coil Building,building for others, and its true!! It's very relaxing when your rebuilding...
VAPE ON

Keenanw

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I like to build for others too since the local shop charges I think ten bucks for a build which I think is low but to each their own. I also enjoy these forums because I like to show my builds and everybody around me isn't as in to vaping as I am so they just say it's whatever haha and here you'll at least get a thumbs up when you decide to show off a build that wasn't so easy to whip up. Plus I can take nice deep breaths without having to feel like I'm working for it.

Riptides

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My in-laws tried got a couple starter kits from our local shop and I have been wanting and half-ass trying to quit for years. My father-in-law was successful and he smoked Marlboro reds, 1-2 packs per day, for over 30 years. His early success convinced me it might work for me. I had tried ciga-likes before and they turned me off to vaping but once I got an ego setup with some dragon fruit e-juice I was done smoking. I upgraded after 7 days to a vision spinner and protank mini and that was it for me. I was hooked and now it's a hobby, a lifestyle and a passion. 10 years of smelling like an ashtray, over in a week. Within two months I was getting into rebuildables, mechs, box mods, sub-ohming, etc. It was such a positive force in my life in more than one way, and at a time when I really needed it. It just doesn't get old. There is always a new mod, atomizer, coil, or juice I haven't tried. Any chance I have to educate others about the benefits and realities of vaping I do, smokers and non-smokers alike. I get so much satisfaction out of seeing others beat cigarettes and I'll go out of my to help them out, including buying mods giving away my old ones. So far I've helped about 10 people start vaping, 3 of which have quit the smokes for good.

Smokeybear

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well on a serious note the thing that keeps me vaping is that it keeps me from smoking cigarettes, thus make me healthier and have more money in my pocket. WIN WIN!!!

Smokeybear

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My in-laws tried got a couple starter kits from our local shop and I have been wanting and half-ass trying to quit for years. My father-in-law was successful and he smoked Marlboro reds, 1-2 packs per day, for over 30 years. His early success convinced me it might work for me. I had tried ciga-likes before and they turned me off to vaping but once I got an ego setup with some dragon fruit e-juice I was done smoking. I upgraded after 7 days to a vision spinner and protank mini and that was it for me. I was hooked and now it's a hobby, a lifestyle and a passion. 10 years of smelling like an ashtray, over in a week. Within two months I was getting into rebuildables, mechs, box mods, sub-ohming, etc. It was such a positive force in my life in more than one way, and at a time when I really needed it. It just doesn't get old. There is always a new mod, atomizer, coil, or juice I haven't tried. Any chance I have to educate others about the benefits and realities of vaping I do, smokers and non-smokers alike. I get so much satisfaction out of seeing others beat cigarettes and I'll go out of my to help them out, including buying mods giving away my old ones. So far I've helped about 10 people start vaping, 3 of which have quit the smokes for good.

Thats awesome man glad to hear your off the Ash i have been off for about three weeks now and it feels great, Keep it up.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
A local talk radio station did a segment on E-Cigs.

The I ended up winning a few 510 stick batteries and an assortment of filled cartomizers.

Did some research, almost fell for the Regal Ecig scam, found a couple of forums, did some research and made some friends along the way.

Next step were the eGo type devices, Kanger T-2 clearomizers.

Then onto VV and then VW devices and RBAs.

I started out at 36mg of nic and as of today, I vape 8mg.

Why do I stick with it? Well, I just plain like vaping as it is most likely the one pleasure I have that is most likely not as bad for my health than my others.

And I enjoy participating in the vaping community as well as buying new and shiny things from time to time.

VU Sponsors