Become a Patron!

What kind of bullshit is this?

ms1993

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

What a surprise Dr Murphy, substance addiction is bad for developing brains.

"... most commonly used product by middle and high school students.."

"more then pencils?!"

"Well, most commonly used tobacco products"

I cant believe this is coming from the sergeon general.

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What are these other "chemicals" being referred to? Is this show for teenagers? Who else could listen to this nonsense and believe any of it?

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
He's just toeing the party line, like a good gov't drone. Can't wait till Trump replaces his ass.

Andria

ms1993

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I looked into the show and it is in fact aimed at teenagers. Which I guess its a good thing even if some facts are twisted. But how in the world do kids obtain e-juice containing nicotine? If they do it via online then its the parents at fault not the way e juice manufatures market .

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I looked into the show and it is in fact aimed at teenagers. Which I guess its a good thing even if some facts are twisted. But how in the world do kids obtain e-juice containing nicotine? If they do it via online then its the parents at fault not the way e juice manufatures market .

There IS no "fault" -- if they need to quit smoking, they have as much right to nicotine as adults do, and nicotine is NOT the big bad that it has been made out to be for decades. But in fact, MOST teens that vape, DON'T use nicotine.

Andria

ms1993

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Agree 100%. If they are trying to quit they have every right. Do you agree with me that they should just make mandate a clear label on box stating thats its not safe for users under 21? Nicotine in of its self is not mentally or physically damaging in any way what so ever ( aside from the slight complications that come along with soft stimulants). The problem is that addiction in general can effect developing brains.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Agree 100%. If they are trying to quit they have every right. Do you agree with me that they should just make mandate a clear label on box stating thats its not safe for users under 21? Nicotine in of its self is not mentally or physically damaging in any way what so ever ( aside from the slight complications that come along with soft stimulants). The problem is that addiction in general can effect developing brains.

I disagree completely. There is nothing inherently unsafe about vaping dosages of nicotine, for anyone over the age of maybe 12-13. The patch can be used by people that young; no reason at all why vaping nicotine can't also be used by people that young. The gov't is STILL just trying to throw as much FUD (fear, uncertainty, and doubt) as they can get away with, at vaping.

Andria

ms1993

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok. But do you agree that addiction can alter a developing brains structure and communications pathways? There a quite a few publications regrading this.......... But then again the FDA has cleared drugs like Adderall ( and fucking m*th! (Desoxyn) ) for treating ADHD in very young children.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ok. But do you agree that addiction can alter a developing brains structure and communications pathways? There a quite a few publications regrading this.......... But then again the FDA has cleared drugs like Adderall ( and fucking m*th! (Desoxyn) ) for treating ADHD in very young children.

Nicotine, when not consumed along with the MAOIs and other chemicals in tobacco, is not any more addictive than caffeine. Thought you were gonna do some reading? Those links I gave you in the other thread go into all that, but particularly this one, regarding the NON-addictiveness of nicotine: http://www.ecigarette-politics.com/

The FDA has ZERO concern for anything except revenue; their own, and that of Big Pharma. Erase from your mind any thought that either big pharma OR the FDA gives a single shit about anyone's health and well-being: THEY DON'T. They care about MONEY, PERIOD.

Andria

ms1993

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah thats what im starting to pick up. Most kids my age were not taught to question anything. I did not not overlook the links you provided I have them all bookmarked :). Im gonna go though them once im done with school. Thanks.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah thats what im starting to pick up. Most kids my age were not taught to question anything. I did not not overlook the links you provided I have them all bookmarked :). Im gonna go though them once im done with school. Thanks.

I think probably most people have this grand idea of the FDA as guardians of the public weal, and the FDA definitely tries to foster that image. Too bad it's not true. I'm sure I wasn't the only one to be completely shocked to learn that the FDA cares a great deal more about money than about health. There seems to be a revolving door between BP CEOs and other leadership personnel, and the the leadership personnel of the FDA, and it's completely unethical in every possible way.

But you only need to look at a drug like Chantix -- known to cause suicidal and even homicidal ideation, and to have contributed to the deaths of MANY... but still on the market, even if it does now have a black-box warning on it. Yet the FDA is worried about vaping??? It's supremely easy to see why: BP isn't getting richer from it! In fact, it's undercutting pharmaceutical smoke-cessation of EVERY type, and will ultimately lead to FAR decreased needs for cancer and COPD medication, and even depression/anxiety medication, if you consider WTA (whole tobacco alkaloids). BP hates vaping for sound financial reasons, so naturally their lackeys at FDA are marching to BP's orders.

Andria

ms1993

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nicotine, when not consumed along with the MAOIs and other chemicals in tobacco, is not any more addictive than caffeine. Thought you were gonna do some reading? Those links I gave you in the other thread go into all that, but particularly this one, regarding the NON-addictiveness of nicotine: http://www.ecigarette-politics.com/

The FDA has ZERO concern for anything except revenue; their own, and that of Big Pharma. Erase from your mind any thought that either big pharma OR the FDA gives a single shit about anyone's health and well-being: THEY DON'T. They care about MONEY, PERIOD.

Andria
Thats very possible now that I think of it. That would explain why so many vapors are able to bring down the nicotine concentration very quickly. But I never hear of smokers successfully "tapering off" lmao.

nicotine less addicting then coffee. wow. Did not know that MAOIs are in tobacco. That class as a whole tend to potentiate the effects of many stimulants and narcotics.

Im really starting to reconsider my career choice.

Last edited:

ms1993

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah I always used to pick up contradictions with what the FDA says and just told my self that pros probably out weigh the cons, they know best or something along those lines.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Andria said it right. The FDA and Big Pharma are only out for their own pocketbooks. This Good Mythical Morons show is most likely paid to broadcast this false information. What a surprise, greedy bastards paid by the government to do their bidding. Real shocking indeed.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thats very possible now that I think of it. That would explain why so many vapors are able to bring down the nicotine concentration very quickly. But I never hear of smokers successfully "tapering off" lmao.

nicotine less addicting then coffee. wow. Did not know that MAOIs are in tobacco. That class as a whole tend to potentiate the effects of many stimulants and narcotics.

Im really starting to reconsider my career choice.

No reason to question it; just consider that sane and ethical people have a right to good scientists! One of those links I gave you, http://tobaccoanalysis.blogspot.com/ , belongs to Dr. Michael Siegel -- who used to be a smoke nazi, but who has since become an advocate for vaping and other tobacco harm reduction such as Snus. He's a Professor in the Dept. of Community Health Sciences, Boston University School of Public Health. He routinely posts excellent stuff RE: vaping, and the fight to challenge all the bogus science that's being reported in the "news."

Andria

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If nicotine is so addicting, you would think people would stop vaping once they reach 0mg level, but seems to be contrary. People that vape 0mg from a previously higher level(s) seems to show the action of just inhaling/exhaling vapor is much stronger than the physical addiction, if there ever was any, to nicotine itself.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If nicotine is so addicting, you would think people would stop vaping once they reach 0mg level, but seems to be contrary. People that vape 0mg from a previously higher level(s) seems to show the action of just inhaling/exhaling vapor is much stronger than the physical addiction, if there ever was any, to nicotine itself.
Exactly

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Yeah, and it's the first supposedly "addictive" drug I've ever seen that has *decreasing* tolerance! People quit smoking, usually at some high-to-moderate nic level.... and then after a while, without any particular effort on their part, they find that level too high, giving them unpleasant side effects. so they lower it, and after a while, the same thing happens again.... I've seen tales of this over and over and over since I switched to vaping. It's the most remarkable property of any "addictive" drug I've ever seen!!!

I think it's because of the extra chemicals that BT adds to cigarette tobacco, some of which are to actually MASK the unpleasant side effects of nicotine and the other chemicals. Once those masking chemicals are gone, one begins to truly FEEL those unpleasant side effects.

Andria

VU Sponsors