Become a Patron!

What kind of coils do you recommend ?

Dapper555

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello i have a eleaf 100w and i vape it around 80 wats on mutation V4. I always got my coils build at my vape shop but ever since that FDA crap they cant build them for me . I want to buy some premade ones from ebay but have no idea what kind i need. Help me out here please .

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What ohms have they been coming to?

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

Dapper555

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What ohms have they been coming to?

Hey bro honestly i been reusing and cleaning the same coils and they been jumping from .45 to .75 so i just decided to stop and throw em out. Keep in mind i am still such a noob when it comes to coils and rda's

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have been quite happy with the coils I got from @CrazyChef. Purecoils.com. Maybe some fused claptons would do you well. Also he is a member here, and honest. If you have an atty that can hold them, maybe some aliens. Either would be an amazing vape.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Me I would buy the same type of coil or wire for DIY coils I was having made for me......... Or at least something close.. What coils was the shop doing for you? Why cant the shop wrap coils? They sell wire don't they? Doesn't the FDA issue come in when they install the coils?

Vaping at 80watts tells next to nothing about your builds. I have been know to vape 80watts on everything from a natural 80watt coil (.2-.3ohms) and even made a few BIG .8 to .9ohm coils that I vaped at 80-100watts with regulated and series unregulated mods.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
what are you doing to clean the coils that is causing them to jump ohm rates? Are these TC coils or something?

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ask the store to make and not install the coils you're used to or at least have them tell you exactly what coils they are.
What you need to know is: type of coil(s), wire material, gauge of wire(s), coil ID.

Last edited:

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey bro honestly i been reusing and cleaning the same coils and they been jumping from .45 to .75 so i just decided to stop and throw em out
Any coil, in and of itself, will almost never jump in ohms. Only if it has broken core wires that keep disconnecting/reconnecting. IMHO, it has to be something with either the installation or the atty posts.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Any coil, in and of itself, will almost never jump in ohms. Only if it has broken core wires that keep disconnecting/reconnecting. IMHO, it has to be something with either the installation or the atty posts.
And that is why I tagged you, I knew you would have some insight, and maybe a little business too

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thank you. Business has to be kept to my PureCoils "Unlisted Vendor" thread, lest I go on "vacation" again... Insight and advice is ALWAYS available for anyone on VU who needs it.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry bud, when he was asking where to get coils, my first thought was you. I never mean any harm. After trying your coils, I never have any problems recommending you.

Dapper555

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok guys like i said i would go to the vape shop give them my rda and in 10 min i would have my rda build and wicked and ready to go . I never asked what build they put in there. I went to the shop today they do not have any pre build coils and they told me they cannot tell me what wire i should use since they said its against the rules. Crazy chef you are probably 100% right this coils are most likely broken since i tried to wick them and they started to look uneven i tried to but them back into place but failed.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sorry bud, when he was asking where to get coils, my first thought was you. I never mean any harm. After trying your coils, I never have any problems recommending you.
No, you're fine - I appreciate it. Others are more than welcome to recommend me. But if it's me recommending my own products, then I have to do it in my own vendor thread. These are the forum rules for vendors.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, you're fine. Others are more than welcome to recommend me. But if it's me ecommending my own products, then I have to do it in my own vendor thread. These are the forum rules for vendors.
Good, then I can do it, and gladly so since I have tried them personally.

bpol201

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Hello i have a eleaf 100w and i vape it around 80 wats on mutation V4. I always got my coils build at my vape shop but ever since that FDA crap they cant build them for me . I want to buy some premade ones from ebay but have no idea what kind i need. Help me out here please .
I Vape .5 ohms at 35-45w so for 80w I'd use .25 or lower

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Www.coilsUSA.com
7da60239d0f55402365a6b1e08d7fbf1.jpg

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I Vape .5 ohms at 35-45w so for 80w I'd use .25 or lower
Unless you are vaping in regulated ohms does determine wattage requirements or limits. The wire and build determine that.

The .5 clap in my melo requires at least 30 watts is marked 30 to 100. The .3 ohm coil I'm running in my kayfun is running at 15.2 watts .

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors