Become a Patron!

What mod should I get?

Logan Schafer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm looking to upgrade to a better mod than beyond's beacon mod. I want something that will make my rda produce more/thicker coulds. Can you give some suggestions?

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
haha more thicker clouds well by looking at the specs there dude you have the ability to blow real "more thicker clouds" I would ask you what RDA/RBA you are using what ohm coils you are using, what wicking material, and what battery you are using just so I have enough info to assist you in bigger thicker clouds :)

Logan Schafer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
haha more thicker clouds well by looking at the specs there dude you have the ability to blow real "more thicker clouds" I would ask you what RDA/RBA you are using what ohm coils you are using and what battery you are using just so I have enough info to assist you in bigger thicker clouds :)
I'm using the sig-s rda I'm not sure what ohm coil it is but I hope this picture gives you a good idea ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411862109.417763.jpg

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm using the sig-s rda I'm not sure what ohm coil it is but I hope this picture gives you a good idea View attachment 6415
Ummm use http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.asp to figure out your ohm settings what battery are you using all I can say man is see my builds look like mostly coils the amount of cotton in there for a sec made me think it was soap suds... start with your ohm's man what gauge wire are you using? I cannot tell form here

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
any mechanical mod is going to do the same thing (give or take voltage drop) so its going to be more dependent on how you build and wick. unroll the cotton ball so all strands are aligned then cut off a piece of wick. leave the bottom of the coil exposed so air will go all around it and dont pack it full like you have. here's a pic from a while back note the wicking

IMG_0252.JPG

Logan Schafer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ummm use http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.asp to figure out your ohm settings what battery are you using all I can say man is see my builds look like mostly coils the amount of cotton in there for a sec made me think it was soap suds... start with your ohm's man what gauge wire are you using? I cannot tell form here
Uhh.. Sorry man I don't know how to use that system or even tell the diameter of the coils I'm using. I don't build mine I have the people at my local vapor store do it for me. Other than my coils am I putting too much cotton in? I was told to put a lot in

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
any mechanical mod is going to do the same thing (give or take voltage drop) so its going to be more dependent on how you build and wick. unroll the cotton ball so all strands are aligned then cut off a piece of wick. leave the bottom of the coil exposed so air will go all around it and dont pack it full like you have. here's a pic from a while back note the wicking

View attachment 6416
Exactly how I just built my Plume veil I didn't know if I woudl like this thing its nice I was trying to get more info from him as he seems quite new at this so I wanted to make sure he was not using a Trustfire battery or something :)

saltlife

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Cut some of that cotton out so there's air flow under the coils for starters

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Uhh.. Sorry man I don't know how to use that system or even tell the diameter of the coils I'm using. I don't build mine I have the people at my local vapor store do it for me. Other than my coils am I putting too much cotton in? I was told to put a lot in
i will say this much man hang around ask questions and to be honest man you really should use some tool manually or with steam-engine or whatever do know what you are building... when you get into complex coiling man its a necessity..

B-RAD

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You're killing you air flow with all that cotton as others have stated. The more air you can pull across those coils the more vape you will produce. Ask your local shop what they are building them at. The lower the resistance (ohms) equals more vapor production in shorter amount of time because the coils heat up faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Logan Schafer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You're killing you air flow with all that cotton as others have stated. The more air you can pull across those coils the more vape you will produce. Ask your local shop what they are building them at. The lower the resistance (ohms) equals more vapor production in shorter amount of time because the coils heat up faster.

Would you mind showing me a picture of how much cotton I should have?

B-RAD

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
For sure man. Notice how there is opening in the cotton under my coil. That's also where you want to line up your holes on your cap with. I usually pull my cotton through my coil. I cut my short side at the lip of my well. The long side I cut a little longer and wrap it under itself.
f597168d5e1af716225405c341e6c731.jpg
4c246f0b48b800e2242fdd736305a309.jpg

Logan Schafer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
For sure man. Notice how there is opening in the cotton under my coil. That's also where you want to line up your holes on your cap with. I usually pull my cotton through my coil. I cut my short side at the lip of my well. The long side I cut a little longer and wrap it under itself.
f597168d5e1af716225405c341e6c731.jpg
4c246f0b48b800e2242fdd736305a309.jpg

Thanks man, is this alright?ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411949596.454945.jpg

B-RAD

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yep looks good. Always line up your air holes on your cap with the coils so the air draws in under them. Should make your vaping experience much better.

Logan Schafer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yep looks good. Always line up your air holes on your cap with the coils so the air draws in under them. Should make your vaping experience much better.

Thanks man :)

VU Sponsors