Become a Patron!

what nic. level should i drip with

jsr27

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hi I'm using a orchid v6 with 18mg of nicotine. I'm about to receive my plume veil and have never dripped before. Should I lower the nicotine or can I still use 18mg?thanks

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
When you take a few hits and you feel light headed and or nauseous ,youll know you need to lower it...its typically 6mg in a good tank that creates decent clouds and i would say typical of 3mg for most using good drippers.

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
18mg might be a bit high for dripping, I started dripping at 6mg and found myself quickly lowering to 3mg. Hopefully that helps.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've tried to drip higher than 3mg nic, and I can't do it. Thats the max for me

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The general rule of thumb is... if you are getting into drippers, you want to use HALF the nic level that you are normally used to.

Think about it, you are essentially creating twice the amount of vapor, in many instances 3-4 times. There is just no way for most normal people to take that concentrated of a hit.

This means if you smoke 18 on regular atomizers, then you need to start off as low as 9. Remember, this is just a starting point. The more involved you get with custom builds and sub ohm coils, the lower you will need to go.

Could you please explain your mod and batteries, this way we might be to help you fine tune your setup :)

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It has a lot to do with the power you apply. I can drip 12mg with a higher ohm coil and less than 20 watts but going subohm with 30 or 40 watts will make me dizzy.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It depends on what ohms your currently running at and what ohms your planning on going with the RDA and how many coils are being used.

If your RTA is running a single 1 ohm coil, then you switch to an RDA with a single 1 ohm coil, there wont be any difference (or will only be a minor difference if wire gauges are different). If your going from something like a single 1.8 ohm coil in your RTA to a 0.3 ohm quad coil RDA, then yes, definitely need to reduce your nic. The RDA would produce far more vapor resulting in far more nicotine being inhaled.

Last edited:

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I vape 8% in an orchid and 4-5% in my dripppers.
If your using 18% in an orchid, then id try 12% in your dripper and see how you like it.
My advice is, next time you buy juice, get a bottle of 18% and a bottle of 0%. This way you can dilute the nic content without killing the flavor.
There are calculators for diy eliquid making that will help you to make the right percentage.
http://e-liquid-recipes.com/create

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I vape 8% in an orchid and 4-5% in my dripppers.
If your using 18% in an orchid, then id try 12% in your dripper and see how you like it.
My advice is, next time you buy juice, get a bottle of 18% and a bottle of 0%. This way you can dilute the nic content without killing the flavor.
There are calculators for diy eliquid making that will help you to make the right percentage.
http://e-liquid-recipes.com/create
If you vaped 18% nic you would die. 18 mg per ml is 1.8%. 6 mg is .6%. The 100 mg per ml nic base you can buy is 10%. If 6% of your mix is 100mg nic base, you get 6mg juice which is .6% nic. Not trying to be a dick, but that's not a mistake a diy noob needs to make.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you vaped 18% nic you would die. 18 mg per ml is 1.8%. 6 mg is .6%. The 100 mg per ml nic base you can buy is 10%. If 6% of your mix is 100mg nic base, you get 6mg juice which is .6% nic. Not trying to be a dick, but that's not a mistake a diy noob needs to make.
Yes yes I know. I simplified my language since this was the rebuildable section not the diy eliquid section. I figured he was buying his juice pre assembled, and since the highest nic goes in normal juice is 2.4% (rare cases ive seen 3.6% and only heard of 4.8%), I figured abbreviating would suffice.

Its cool boomstick, Im glad you pointed this out. Ill keep this in mind for future posts.

VU Sponsors