Become a Patron!

what nic strength?

Want to buy my friend his first e-juice. I'm getting him the kanger evod kit.He smokes Marlboro's. What nic strength should he start with?

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Want to buy my friend his first e-juice. I'm getting him the kanger evod kit.He smokes Marlboro's. What nic strength should he start with?
I would say 24 mg

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years

d0wngrade

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I would say 24 mg
Just curious... Why would you recommend 24mg? While I believe yes, it might depends on the cigarette brand slightly, shouldn't nicotine levels be based off of how much the user smokes?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It depends so much on the individual smoker. I smoked a pack a day of Marlborough for 40 years. I started on 18mg in a throw-away ecig, and then moved to 12 when I moved to clearos. But I have a friend who smoked less than I did who neeed twice that (and more) for her to lose the cravings.

as said above ^^ it really depends on the smoker.
I started on 24mg, and then ended up vaping a lot bc I enjoyed it a lot lol so I had to go down to 18 pretty quickly which was perfect for awhile. now I'm like 10-12mg, or 3-6mg if dripping.
Bottom line with what I know now, get 2 smaller bottles to start, one 18 and one 24 and start with 24. if it's too much go to 18. But if 24 is perfect, save the 18 or share it lol

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Just curious... Why would you recommend 24mg? While I believe yes, it might depends on the cigarette brand slightly, shouldn't nicotine levels be based off of how much the user smokes?
Based off how much Nicotine is in that cigarette your use too.

TwistedVaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I agree with 24mg just because of the setup you are getting him. A set up like that is typically used with 18-24mg nicotine because it is a started ecig. I started on an Evod with 24mg.

I think having the 24mg nicotine in it makes the transition from cigs to vaping easier because you definitely aren't having to sacrifice your nicotine haha.

Not Sure

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
if hes going to hit, or draw on it like a cigarette, then i suggest 18-24 mg nic. if going for a lung hit type setup, then id certainly suggest 3-8 mg nic. i was a heavy smoker. when i used a nautilus, i was vaping mouth to lung with 18mg, but started building and dripping i went to 3-8. now using alot of different subtanks, i go with 6mg ( lots of airflow/ lung hits) hope this helps, because this is the same exact thing i was wondering when i started...

VU Sponsors