Become a Patron!

What on earth is happening?

running a 26650 tobh .12ohm on a hades clone with a 26650 IMR 32/64a battery, occasionally when I hit I will get a pain in my hand, the hand that is holding the mod and firing the button. it is always right on the spot where my hand is covering one of the vent holes near the bottom of the mod. feels like I am getting poked by a needle.

am I getting shocked or burned or what? it has happened so many times that I know it is related to my ecig and not a health issue. anybody have a better idea?

State O' Flux

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You may be getting shocked, or you may have carpal tunnel/tendonitis... or other aggravating hand issue.

Switch hands... still hurts? Getting shocked. Get a DMM and diagnose the conductivity issue. You need excellent conductivity/low VD to run 0.12Ω without issues.

State O' Flux

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yep... you have some conductivity issues. If you can't get the VD down, then the resistance needs to come up.

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Check all your threads. Some may be dirty, not providing the full conductivity you need. Might be causing your battery to vent. This was happening to me with my 26650 mod, until I cleaned it up some.

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I had a friend with a "defective" mod that shocked his hand and caused the exact same pains. Actually left little white spots on his hand after a while. He exchanged it at the B&M he bought it from. They threw in a bottle of juice and a new battery for good measure. Sounds like the same scenario, probably a bad switch that is arching and shorting out.

State O' Flux

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
"youngsters", alright.

hey thanks State O'Flux, ill figure out the voltage drop. appreciate the help.
No problem.
.12 .....really. You youngsters are to much.
unknown.gif
Wild guess - Tweak's not a youngster, but yeah, .12Ω can be kinda sketchy. Considering most build boxes are at best +/- 0.05Ω accurate, I tend to stay away from shit below 0.25Ω.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you have been able to legally drink beer for only 5 five years, that is a youngster in my book....chasing that low of ohms seems like a silly idea to me, but my opinions are equally as retarded as everyone elses lol. No offence to Tweak of course, the future belongs to the youth. Tir Na Nog.
Did you get it figured out yet @Tweak ?

VU Sponsors