Become a Patron!

What song are you playing right now?

IcepickMaker84

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Quick little Candlebox story. They were playing a local club and my work was providing their backline so a couple of us got to take the day off work and go help them set up and do whatever else may need to be done around the club, it was a smaller 300/400 capacity club so setup only took a few hours. We spent the rest of the afternoon drinking free beer and hearing stories from the road from the “real” roadies...f’ing awesome. Later on in the evening one of my friends is like hey I know you’ve never been to a nudie bar (still haven’t) so do you want to meet a dancer? Umm, yes! I then followed him over to her like I was meeting Alison Tyler and gushed about how cool it was to meet her (think giggly not obnoxious) lol! To make it a priceless memory she let me autograph her uniform, so if you see a dancer with “Nick was here” written on her uniform that was me.

Sent from the dark side of the moon.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The greatest Journey songs most folks don't know....

Dedicated to Terri D. class of '85.
I forgive you and will always love ya...yellow polka dots and all.

Last edited:

IcepickMaker84

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Great song, I’ve lost count of the times people have scoffed because of the name of the song.

IcepickMaker84

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

I helped the AV guy more Manson back in 2008 when he came into the music shop I was working at, he needed some replacement headphones to get him through the bus ride back to WI. I asked what it was like off stage and he said I wouldn’t believe him so I kept on it and he said board games, they play board games after concerts lol.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That scream. There’s a documentary about Maynard’s vineyard called Blood into Wine, super interesting.

I saw something yesterday but don't remember where. He had a blue or teal shirt I think. Lol. Tool is one of my favorite too. And Danny Carey may very well be the best drummer in that genre. 6 different beats with somehow 5 limbs. Lol fucking exhilarating

IcepickMaker84

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I saw something yesterday but don't remember where. He had a blue or teal shirt I think. Lol. Tool is one of my favorite too. And Danny Carey may very well be the best drummer in that genre. 6 different beats with somehow 5 limbs. Lol fucking exhilarating

All while making it look completely effortless...for the most part. I tried putting a remote high hat set over my rack toms lol it didn’t go smooth.

VU Sponsors