Become a Patron!

What SUB OHM tank would you recommend?

kennjbroas

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Be honest..

I grabbed the Kangertech Subtank Mini, only after a few days from trying it, it failed miserably for myself. Started leaking horribly. Started to get real frustrated almost gave up on vaping.

(Been vaping for about a month)

Im looking for a tank thats reliable. Something that'll show me i put my moneys worth into vaping. Something that will give me good vapor, good flavour.

I really hope I'm not asking for too much..

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Arctic tank, .5 ohm coil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So after a few days with this wonderful tank it started leaking horribly and that's it your over it? I started vaping on the sub mini and to this day it's a wonderful tank and I still have it in my rotation....

Soooo why don't we try to figure out why it's giving you so much trouble rather than getting another tank or giving up all together?

It's one of the most reliable tanks I own....

kennjbroas

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So after a few days with this wonderful tank it started leaking horribly and that's it your over it? I started vaping on the sub mini and to this day it's a wonderful tank and I still have it in my rotation....

Soooo why don't we try to figure out why it's giving you so much trouble rather than getting another tank or giving up all together?

It's one of the most reliable tanks I own....

Till this day its leaking.. My first .5 coil gasket made it leak as what everyone said, i took it to my closest vape shop and did a forum here so i changed it and didnt leak..

I was doing a refill yesterday and noticed it was leaking again.. Took out the new .5 coil and the atomizer wasnt reading.. I noticed the coil was getting stuck onto the atomizer base.

All i have left now is my 1.2.. Whats happening with this coil? Im getting BARE dry hits.. I taste the coil burning and im only pushing 17.0 W..

I honestly think im flooding the coils, I do wash my coils out with water but i dont think im letting them dry enough..

After washing them I put a few drops into the coil as well..

Im pretty sure im doing something wrong.. If someone can help me solve this itll be greatly appreciated.

This tank on a .5 coil is MARVELLOUS.. The flavor and the vapor is incredible.. Just everytime i grab a .5 it gets destroyed..

As well with the 1.2 right now, theres not enough air flow

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
where does it leak from?

the leaks can come form the glass which means its cracked or the o rings are damaged

if it leaks from the air holes theres an issue with the coil or base

iv had a subtank mini for 4 months and never have leaks
the .6 coils are my favorite

but i just built a nice Ti coil on the rba deck that I am loving

Now my other suggestion is
a maganus tank
their stock coils are dual vertical coils and they are amazing

but their ,5 coils need like 50 watts minimum to work well

kennjbroas

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
where does it leak from?

the leaks can come form the glass which means its cracked or the o rings are damaged

a maganus tank

They were leaking from the air hole before.. I think their leaking from the ORing, but i think it only leaks whenever im puffing.

So for the maganus, how the flavor and vape?

kennjbroas

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
where does it leak from?

a maganus tank

I also just changed my glass the original one cracked. What I did today was i cleaned out the Oring where the atomizer base sits.. I didnt see any nicks or damage.

kennjbroas

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
791d74babb99c31ad58df72a1714d4aa.jpg
6a7588671ed369ef47ca120e6448d603.jpg

I dont know if anyone can see those little air pockets by the o rings.. CAN THAT BE THE REASON WHY IM NOT GETTING ENOUGH AIRFLOW AND ITS LEAKING?

chuck.finley

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was doing a refill yesterday and noticed it was leaking again.. Took out the new .5 coil and the atomizer wasnt reading.. I noticed the coil was getting stuck onto the atomizer base.

They were leaking from the air hole before.. I think their leaking from the ORing, but i think it only leaks whenever im puffing.

Have you tried replacing the o-rings? The only time mine ever leaks like that is after a refill. I'll use tissue or something to hold it and wipe it off and its fine. It may be too loose, maybe try tightening it a little more.

Just everytime i grab a .5 it gets destroyed..

I get two weeks out of the .5 ohm vertical coils, never really had any issues with them. Never had a glass break either. Can you clarify what is happening with them?

If you're using the wide airflow on that 1.2 coil then yes, you're probably flooding it and not getting a good hit.

That's a great tank, it may take a little adjusting but unless you just want to spend money then I would suggest staying with it.

kennjbroas

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Have you tried replacing the o-rings? The only time mine ever leaks like that is after a refill. I'll use tissue or something to hold it and wipe it off and its fine. It may be too loose, maybe try tightening it a little more.

I get two weeks out of the .5 ohm vertical coils, never really had any issues with them. Never had a glass break either. Can you clarify what is happening with them?

If you're using the wide airflow on that 1.2 coil then yes, you're probably flooding it and not getting a good hit.

That's a great tank, it may take a little adjusting but unless you just want to spend money then I would suggest staying with it.

Yeah i was just talking to one of the workers at my vape shop. He did say I was flooding it.

For the 1.2 coil, is it bad if the airflow is wide open?

And as for my .5 coils the first red rubber seal was definitely damaged it seemed to be dented somehow.

Now the more recent one, somehow when i unscrew the coil it seemed stuck onto the base. It didnt just pop right off, it seemed like i had to use a little force (but not crazy force).

What the dude said as well is to probably buy new set of coils OR if i noticed its flooded turn the tank upside down and blow thru the air holes.

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
the air bubble is normal you still have the seal around the base, and this shouldn't effect the airflow at all.

What I have learned about this tank that might help you out,

Anytime it has leaked it is usually do to the vapor condensation build up along the chamber and in the base, it sits just chillin until you get it warmer or it builds up and just reaches the limit and finds its way out.

Start tinkering with the rebuildable head, this will save you a lot of money and its fun to tinker and save money at the same time, you tube is your friend on this one lots of videos showing how to do this and wick it successfully annnnnnndddd save you lots of money:)

If you are expecting wicked huge clouds and are basing it off of a buddies dripper your never going to be happy, it isn't a high flow tank but it is plenty to enjoy, the more you use it and get into vaping you will find your happy spot.

The 1.2 coils are more for a mouth to lung hit, if your .5 ohm coil has the seal on it and it was tight I doubt it was your leaking culprit put that bad boy back in:)

After all of that could your tank be defective...I guess it's possible just don't give up yet!! all of my tanks have leaked once or ten times and its usually something silly, don't get me wrong I love my tanks but in the end they are more of a pain in the ass than a good ol dripper.

If you stick with vaping and are a tinkering kinda guy all this I'm telling you will be second nature in a couple months, It escalates quickly and you get the bug for new gear really quick and its fun aaannnnnnnnnndddddddd your not smoking!!

Good luck man tinker with it some more and report back with your findings and thoughts were all here to help and keep you off those cigs:)

kennjbroas

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
the air bubble is normal you still have the seal around the base, and this shouldn't effect the airflow at all.

What I have learned about this tank that might help you out,

Anytime it has leaked it is usually do to the vapor condensation build up along the chamber and in the base, it sits just chillin until you get it warmer or it builds up and just reaches the limit and finds its way out.

Start tinkering with the rebuildable head, this will save you a lot of money and its fun to tinker and save money at the same time, you tube is your friend on this one lots of videos showing how to do this and wick it successfully annnnnnndddd save you lots of money:)

If you are expecting wicked huge clouds and are basing it off of a buddies dripper your never going to be happy, it isn't a high flow tank but it is plenty to enjoy, the more you use it and get into vaping you will find your happy spot.

The 1.2 coils are more for a mouth to lung hit, if your .5 ohm coil has the seal on it and it was tight I doubt it was your leaking culprit put that bad boy back in:)

After all of that could your tank be defective...I guess it's possible just don't give up yet!! all of my tanks have leaked once or ten times and its usually something silly, don't get me wrong I love my tanks but in the end they are more of a pain in the ass than a good ol dripper.

If you stick with vaping and are a tinkering kinda guy all this I'm telling you will be second nature in a couple months, It escalates quickly and you get the bug for new gear really quick and its fun aaannnnnnnnnndddddddd your not smoking!!

Good luck man tinker with it some more and report back with your findings and thoughts were all here to help and keep you off those cigs:)

Thanks for the advice man! Greatly appreciate it.

LetTheLuckRoll

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If you just want to spend money might I recomend the smok tfv4 tank. It is a beast but you will need 70 or more watts to push it.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I can't offer any advice more than has been given you, but if you do decide to go with a new tank, I highly recommend the OBS T-VCT tank. I have two, and they have never leaked a drop yet. The tank features top filling with juice and air flow control, a choice of .5 ohm kanthal or .25 Ni200 coils if you want to do TC. They also have an optional RBA deck you can pick up for under $20 if you want to do your own builds.

Swoop_81

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Artic. Great airflow and won't break the bank.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

chuck.finley

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you're still looking at other options, I just picked up the Tobecco Super Tank. It's a bitch to take apart but it's a top fill design, and it hasn't leaked a drop. Plus it's 20$. I tried a knockoff of the Arctic, it was called the "Aktic" haha but it had a similar vape on the .2 ohm coil heads.

VU Sponsors