Become a Patron!

What TC device should I get?

Hey! I recently started vaping with a pen (Ego aio) and really enjoyed the simplicity. I am wanting to upgrade to a device that would allow me to control the temperature, however I am not really interested in getting involved in cutting my own coils and the like. And feedback helps, thanks

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You can buy just about any tank that uses SS coils and use those in tc.
MOST tanks that use premade coils have a SS option.
As to which is best, Thag would depend on your vape style.
If you’re vaping a pen, I would venture to guess you’re vaping mtl. If you are, than I would start with a nautilus; and use the aspire bcc SS COILS.
For a mod, the dna has been the regarded as the best you can buy.
If a dna is out of your price range, take a look at the voopoo drag. The gene chip has been highly regarded as a great, more affordable
Option for tc.
For dna mods, I would start looking at either thinkvape or lostvape. Both make some great higher quality mods

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome @jammelot and I hope you enjoy your stay~!

Although a DNA is the best TC device you can buy a MOD that does TC and does not require using eScribe Software just to power on the first time might be a better way to go. I heard so many people tell me my Smok MOD's don't do TC at all so I recently put a TC tank on and set the wattage and temperature for the tank/coil and vaped my ass off. Many MOD's do TC exceptionally but do not require being hooked to a computer to make it work. Good Luck~!

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Hey! I recently started vaping with a pen (Ego aio) and really enjoyed the simplicity. I am wanting to upgrade to a device that would allow me to control the temperature, however I am not really interested in getting involved in cutting my own coils and the like. And feedback helps, thanks
The simplest mod for TC is a DNA C. Single battery 75w is 75C, or 200+w is 250C. They both have Replay mode which is a feature that when you get the vape set to how you like it the most, you just hit Replay on the screen and it replicates that same hit every time. Yes, it requires the free little software called Escribe and connect the mod to PC and check a couple boxes in the app to enable replay on the mod. Then on the mod you can turn Replay on or off as you please.

$108 shipped is about the lowest I've seen for a dual 18650 DNA 250C mod. Costs less than some single battery 75C's. Or you might find something here in the Hardware section.
https://cheapvaping.deals/vapecige-vtbox-dna250c-200w-box-mod

I don't own VTBox but do own a Vapecige and their craftsmanship is excellent.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
connect the mod to PC and check a couple boxes in the app to enable replay on the mod.

Don't forget you need to set up the batteries you are using. A little more than just installing a couple of charged batteries in a MOD that does TC right out of the box.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Don't forget you need to set up the batteries you are using. A little more than just installing a couple of charged batteries in a MOD that does TC right out of the box.
That’s not entirely true.
You can set up battery specifics, but it’s not a necessity. Out of the 15 dna 250 mods I’ve had, I only punched in the battery specs on my LiPo boxes. I didn’t bother on my 18650 dna mods.
The upside to the board is that as a user you have access to every little
Thing on the chip for custizinf through the computer. The c-Series lets you do 90% of that customization through the board itself.

Yes other boards do tc, and many do it exceptionally well. However, the dna is hands down the point of comparison for vaping with temp limiting. The C-series takes almost every little gripe anyone had with the previous generation and makes them moot.

Check out the Joyetech eVic mini 75W. It is getting very good reviews and that is why I own one since a week ago and I am super happy with it. I started TC vaping with it and enjoy it, even though it is green! And you have a whole line of BF SS316 coils available to work with

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
IMO...look into a mod that accepts ArcticFox firmware. You will have many more options using TC with the AF software. TC is a steep learning curve to begin with but with AF it allows you to customize the TC making it more enjoyable to use and helps in the learning process.
I was trying to learn all about TC and its properties using a old IStick 100TC, installed the AF and began to customize the settings and got a better quality vape in the end. I gave up with TC cause its too finicky along with too much hit and miss but thats just me....some love it and never go back to wattage vaping.

VU Sponsors