Become a Patron!

What the f am i doing wrong? COIL ON FIRE

Youngvapor

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hi guys so i have a 22gauge SS316L build at .20 ohms in my steamcrave titan atomizer. However, when i fire my coils they start to catch on fire from underneath. I cannot see any heat spots on the coils and my laisimo f4 mod is acting strange, its reading everything from 0.22ohms all the way up to 0.40.

I have also tried to rewick tons of times and i do get flavor and all suddenly after a day or two i can hear after firing that its on fire down in my coils.. When i stare on my coils after i have fired i can see some sort of liquid or i dont know what that drips from the coil.

I have also tried other coil builds but nothing is making it any better.
So what is wrong? Is it my atomizer or my mod.

This is how my coils look like after
2 pictures attached

Attachments

• Bilde 15.05.2018, 14 25 39.jpg
    Bilde 15.05.2018, 14 25 39.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 49
  • Bilde 15.05.2018, 14 25 49.jpg
    Bilde 15.05.2018, 14 25 49.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 49
Last edited:

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Hi guys so i have a 22gauge SS316L build at .20 ohms in my steamcrave titan atomizer. However, when i fire my coils they start to catch on fire from underneath. I cannot see any heat spots on the coils and my laisimo f4 mod is acting strange, its reading everything from 0.22ohms all the way up to 0.40.

I have also tried to rewick tons of times and i do get flavor and all suddenly after a day or two i can hear after firing that its on fire down in my coils.. When i stare on my coils after i have fired i can see some sort of liquid or i dont know what that drips from the coil.

I have also tried other coil builds but nothing is making it any better.
So what is wrong? Is it my atomizer or my mod.

This is how my coils look like after
2 pictures attached
Did it catch on fire after you removed the wick? Or from a fresh build? And what wattage are you firing at?

Also, the resistance rising during firing is normal for 316L. It's supposed to do that.

For some reason the pictures in your post arent working for me..

Last edited:

Youngvapor

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Did it catch on fire after you removed the wick? Or from a fresh build? And what wattage are you firing at?

Also, the resistance rising during firing is normal for 316L. It's supposed to do that.

For some reason the pictures in your post arent working for me..

They catch on fire without the wick. But my wick got burnt out to. I cleaned the whole atomizer right now now im waiting for it to dry. Would you advice me to go kanthal instead ?

Wattage is 150 watts, i have however tried lower builds to but the same thing happens. I get burnt taste even when its perfectly wicked.

The fire is coming from the posts underneath. The coils are super tight

Last edited:

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
They catch on fire without the wick. But my wick got burnt out to. I cleaned the whole atomizer right now now im waiting for it to dry. Would you advice me to go kanthal instead ?

Wattage is 150 watts, i have however tried lower builds to but the same thing happens. I get burnt taste even when its perfectly wicked.

The fire is coming from the posts underneath. The coils are super tight
Well, no, I wouldn't recommend you to go to kanthal. I work for a company that only sells stainless steel, so I'm clearly biased there.

Aside from that, to me 150 seems way on the high side for that build, especially if you have the cotton tight in there. If they catch on fire after removing wick it's very likely theres still little cotton fibers stuck to the coil. Also if you are vaping at a very high wattage and gunk builds up on the coils and you then dry fire at a high wattage, that gunk can fry so fast it burns.

If very high wattage vaping is your thing, I would give a much larger build a try, and make sure the cotton is loose enough in the coil to just give a tiny bit of resistance when pulling it through the coil.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
AND when you Dry Burn... use the LEAST wattage you can that glows the coils in about 1 second of firing to a dull orange. Fact is you don't NEED to get coils hot enough to GLOW to clean them.

kinda sounds too me you are not getting good connections.. the fluctuation... Fire down low in the atty could be a loose post or insulator leak.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
From the Pictures you are dry firing the SS316L WAY TOO MUCH~! I was going to say you fried them thinking they were Kanthal but holy shit~! Never glow SS316L that red.

Youngvapor

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks for all the replies. I made a 22gauge 18wraps ss316l .30 ohm build right now at 18 wraps and currently vaping at 120 watts. Lol im not going to do 10mg nicotine again, its too much.

Now i will see if anything changes over the next 2 days and give u guys my reply back later :)

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks for all the replies. I made a 22gauge 18wraps ss316l .30 ohm build right now at 18 wraps and currently vaping at 120 watts. Lol im not going to do 10mg nicotine again, its too much.

Now i will see if anything changes over the next 2 days and give u guys my reply back later :)
10mg nic at 120 watts will also gunk your coils up fast! That gives me a nic headache just imagining

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors