Become a Patron!

Matty102

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
am I doing wrong? I am still getting juice in the stem and drip tip. I have tried everything. I'm using a crown tank now, and still the same thing. I don't like the juice in my mouth. My mod is the eleaf aster, and I am running it at 42.2 Watts. Does it need to be higher? I have my eleaf istick 100w. I can't remember if it was doing it then or not. I have Gastroparesis and I know that juice isn't good for esophagus and stomach.

(Gastroparesis is a disease. The muscles in my stomach are paralyzed.)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
the higher the wattage and more clouds the more spitback is a general thing. But each tank/coil/airflow combo will have it's own sweet spot where that spitback will be minimized or eliminated.

for low /no spitback a Subtank Mini at 25 watts or something similar.

Another possibility is you are sucking too hard?

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Subohm topper + low wattage + low airflow + high PG = yes, I'd like to drink my juice, please. I'd eliminate three of the four and see where it gets you. Higher PG wicks too fast for modern subohm tanks. Low airflow leads to "sucking" juice into the atomizer. Low wattage warms the juice, wicking more, without burning it off, leading to flooding. Lastly, Subohm tanks are not necessary, especially for beginners. Protank 2's are still available, as well as replacement coils, and devices to run them. Until you figure it out, you may be better off stepping down to where we all were 2 years ago or more. Just because the community at large has moved on to other preferred methods doesn't mean that the new vaper doesn't almost need to follow the same path we did. Some do, some don't. I have a feeling you might.

Matty102

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@KDodds what you mean by stepping back? So like my eleaf 100w with my subtank plus? I have 0.5 ohm coils. Is that okay?

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What I mean is that it's fine if that's what you need, but that may not be what you need. It might be worth it for you to step back to the Vamo/Protank II days. Since subohming really doesn't seem to be working for you.

Matty102

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oh okay, I will got back to my 1.2 ohm coils, and 15watts. Problem is I'm broke right now. So I can't get my coils. I will get them soon though.

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You might consider an isub g or s the coils have an anti-spitback screen on them which are awesome. Also 42w for a .5 coil is a bit high. I nearly always vape between .5 and .75 and never go above 33 watts.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape a tank and a power level that does not need spit back protection?
Many options.

sychosis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also just a thought on my experience , I have a lot of drip tips , that being said on my crown with my preferred drip tip I always got juice under the tip and everytime I refilled it was juicy and got at least a little juice spit into mouth ..remove tip clean drop a qtip Dow the chimney and good to go for a little while ....one day on a whim I put on a larger bore tip and poof go e were my issues , I have not had this happen to me since then . I do run different from most on my crown as I use the ni200 oils at 70w 490 degrees and get a month or more out of each coil but as with every post here it is always your preferance what works for me may not work for you but hey ...it is another idea to try , you may find what you need with this .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Oh No- still getting juice in your mouth? All these tanks leak? Wow! I have the same ELeaf Aster and have the Melo 3 tank with 1.0 Aspire Atlantis coils at 27watts and no leaking or spitting! Try filling your tanks half full, do not get any juice in the Center Air Chimney, that is the only time I have leaking!
42.2 watts seems so high! I have tanks that use .5 coils and I am never above 30w!
When you use a new coil do you break it in slowly? Low temps like at 15w and go up to 25w slowly and make sure you prime and sits for at least 20 minutes.Do not inhale so deeply, let vape enter slowly in your mouth.
20160912_095658_zpsgukvuoyn.JPG

Good Luck

VU Sponsors