Become a Patron!

What to buy for gift vape

rxmilitia

Member For 4 Years
Hi guys,

I'll start off by saying I'm new to this website and how vaping works. I know how annoying these threads are and in reality most people would simply say "do your research.. read"

BUT this thread is not because I want to start vaping it's because I need some help purchasing products to finish a gift for my significant other. She wants to get back into vaping and I am looking to get her something decent. I don't vape so I'm really just looking for some product help and I really appreciate any help at all

with little to no knowledge of vapes I purchased her a sigelei 150w TC mod today because I found a pre-black Friday sale that seemed decent and the reviews on the product seemed good.

Now... I have no idea what to buy. I know obviously I need batteries and a charger (from what I've read the sony vtc4 18650 are a good choice?) I was also going to purchase the NiteCore-i2-V2014 charger.

But that's as far as I have gotten..

I have no idea if I should get a "temperature control tank" or even really what that is. From what I've heard all of her friends that vape use dripper RDAs. I have no idea what that is but it seems to be the only kind her friends use with their mod boxes (aka I have seen none of them use tanks)

If someone could point me in the right direction as far as what to purchase to complete this gift I would be very appreciative.

Thank you for your time

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I assume, your better half won't make full use of the 150W, more likely between 30-60W. Therefore, the VCT5 are good as well, and they would provide a bit more vape time. Only when she's pushing over 120W most of the time, the VCT4 are needed. As for the charger, I recommend using a Xtar charger. I personally have the SP2, and the VC4 (w/ the wall adapter).
Good beginners RDAs are the Velocity (Tobeco clone is fine too! But clean it well!), or a Mutation X V3. The Mutation X V3 gives the choice of single or dual coil. There's also a Mutation X V4, with the same single or dual coil option, but it can leak through the bottom air holes, especially when over dripping. Which happens a lot when you're a beginner.
Tanks, it's hard to tell, due to the variety out there. The choice depends on the vaping style, and personal preference.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
She's lucky; that's a nice mod! Most Sub ohm tanks have coils that support TC and regular power modes, so it depends on the coils. I would consider the Uwell Crown or Sense Herakles tanks. They both have Ni200 coils for temp control, and SS or kanthal for regular VW mode. Prices vary, so do some research. There are some good deals out there.

thejman

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Uwell/Herakles/TFV4 the big boys are all great. I think Aspire Atlantis V2 and Freemax Starre Pro deserve a mention. :p

Hi guys,

I'll start off by saying I'm new to this website and how vaping works. I know how annoying these threads are and in reality most people would simply say "do your research.. read"

BUT this thread is not because I want to start vaping it's because I need some help purchasing products to finish a gift for my significant other. She wants to get back into vaping and I am looking to get her something decent. I don't vape so I'm really just looking for some product help and I really appreciate any help at all

with little to no knowledge of vapes I purchased her a sigelei 150w TC mod today because I found a pre-black Friday sale that seemed decent and the reviews on the product seemed good.

Now... I have no idea what to buy. I know obviously I need batteries and a charger (from what I've read the sony vtc4 18650 are a good choice?) I was also going to purchase the NiteCore-i2-V2014 charger.

But that's as far as I have gotten..

I have no idea if I should get a "temperature control tank" or even really what that is. From what I've heard all of her friends that vape use dripper RDAs. I have no idea what that is but it seems to be the only kind her friends use with their mod boxes (aka I have seen none of them use tanks)

If someone could point me in the right direction as far as what to purchase to complete this gift I would be very appreciative.

Thank you for your time
A Kangertech SubTank Mini would be a good tank. Or the Starre FreeMax Tank, That's what I have.The FreeMax tank comes with two double vertical coils,that work really good,if she's a cloud chaser.

VU Sponsors