Become a Patron!

What to do when a juice is way to sweet?

Kragglin

Member For 1 Year
My brother-in-law gifted me a couple bottles of Juice Head Watermelon/Lime and Strawberry/Kiwi. They're so sweet that I can only handle a puff at a time and feel like I need to rinse my mouth out afterwards.

Is there anything I can do to combat this? They're 100ml bottles and were gifts so I don't really feel like chucking them.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Only thing I can think of is to dilute the juice with unflavored juice to reduce sweetness...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Pick up some Cream or Marshmallow liquid and try a small sample mix to see how it tastes with something like that or another flavor you like.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not possible I think to reduce the sweetener without reducing the flavors as well.
But yes some VG/PG to dilute the mix is about the only thing you can try.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
By mixing with a different flavor you will reduce the sweetness because the percentage will change.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Might try lowering watts and closing down af to bring the fruits forward. Less heat would help reduce the sweet taste.

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
If you want to keep the flavor mostly intact without it getting muddled or washed/fade out, I would suggest 1 or 2 drops of white vinegar (for bakeries/creams), apple cider vinegar (for fruits and lighter creams), peach/pear/guava/citrus in general, any sour/tart/bitter flavoring since it will cut through that sweetness or saline. I wouldn't suggest mixing it in the original bottle, but a 10-30 ml bottle you might have flying around will do. Just try a small batch and see which one does the trick for you.

All of that will reduce the sweetness on your taste buds but not the actual "sweetener" content that's in the juice. Diluting it will not necessarily make it less sweet, it will just lower the flavor overall, sure it could then taste less sweet but you might also get no satisfaction from it, especially if it contains nicotine which would be lowered as well. Adding even more sweetener/creams/marshmallow and what not to it, is a great suggestion but since its store bought I'll assume its at the maximum flavor strength, and would only result in muting it as well as decreasing the shelf life.

In general its extremely difficult to remove additives from juices, especially commercial, and as always there's many roads that lead to Rome. All these suggestions might not do anything depending how sensitive to sweetness you're. You'll never be able to completely eliminate the added sweetener.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd try @SteveS45 suggestion. Find another juice that may pair well with those flavors. You might come up with a combination you really like.

Sometimes I'll add a different flavor of juice to my tank before it's empty of the last flavor. Sometimes the combination is good, sometimes not. You never know. Same concept.

Kragglin

Member For 1 Year
I'd try @SteveS45 suggestion. Find another juice that may pair well with those flavors. You might come up with a combination you really like.

Sometimes I'll add a different flavor of juice to my tank before it's empty of the last flavor. Sometimes the combination is good, sometimes not. You never know. Same concept.

I've got a bottle of strawberry cream that isn't overly sweet that I can cut it with. I'll try it out when I get some spare time.

Thanks for the replies guys.

VU Sponsors