Become a Patron!

What to do with TFA Cheesecake

piposen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
In most of the latest recipes here I can see that Cheesecake Graham Crust is prefered... But I just got a 30ml bottle of standard Cheescake of a friend and just wanted to ask if someone got a nice recipe for me :)

Is the Cheescake Graham Crust just better? I didnt try both yet... But I got Graham Crust... I guess its not just a mix of both of them, right?! :D

Hope you got some ideas where to start with that flavour.

Thanks a lot!

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's rare to see a recipe that uses tfa Cheesecake flavor, I think because it tastes (to some) a bit like feet, and because the alternate Daintainee mentioned, tfa cheesecake (graham crust) is diketone free and (for many) better tasting. Plus, it's a two in one-- a bit of creaminess with a graham flavor too. Whether you like it or you don't, though, they are not interchangeable.

Having said that, I did come across this in a list of clones. My comments are in the [ ].

Blackberry Cheesecake

TFA Cheesecake 6.0%
TFA Blackberry 5.0% [you could probably sub any likely TFA fruit at 3-5%]
TFA Graham Cracker Crust 8.0% [this seems quite high. Recommend taking it down to 3%]
TFA Vanilla Cupcake 2.0%
E.M. 4.0% [Ethyl maltol. You could skip this without a major difference in the final product. Or start with less, as EM seems to mute flavor over time]

It's unclear whether the flavor labeled as "TFA Graham Cracker Crust" is meant to be TFA Graham Cracker or TFA Cheesecake (Graham Crust).

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The plain old TFA Cheesecake was nasty and I ended up dumping it long ago.
Not sure if they even sell that version anymore.
Nothing like the Cheesecake Graham IMO.
Sounds like they didn't like it either, sorry.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
E.M. 4.0% [Ethyl maltol. You could skip this without a major difference in the final product. Or start with less, as EM seems to mute flavor over time]

That Cheesecake needs some muting, lol, as it tasted like rotten milk:cry:.

kimsmm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I noticed that alot of the older recipes still call for TFA Cheesecake and TFA Graham cracker. Many new and updated recipes just use the Cheesecake Graham Cracker. I really like this newer version...I can't get enough of it in my blueberry cobbler recipe!

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I noticed that alot of the older recipes still call for TFA Cheesecake and TFA Graham cracker. Many new and updated recipes just use the Cheesecake Graham Cracker. I really like this newer version...I can't get enough of it in my blueberry cobbler recipe!

Before the newer version came out I was using TFA Graham Cracker (clear), which is still a pretty good flavor.
Can't remember what the other one I used with it tho, maybe TFA Vanilla Swirl?

Ablonz

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Cheesecake crust is just that, crust. I use that at .25% and cheesecake at 3%. Needs about a month to come out and use @40 watts plus for the flavor. That is in my experience. Hope this helps. Oh, btw, use max airflow to cool vapor off for out of fridge feel. ;)

piposen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thx for you help... i have to say that i dont like it.... i made a few testers and after 3 days steeping it doesnt taste really good to me and it doesnt taste like cheesecake at all ... maybe german cheesecake is different to american cheesecake ... but as far as i know american cheese cake must taste great... this one doesnt :D

so ill try to order the graham version of cheesecake next time and try that one.. Thx a lot!

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thx for you help... i have to say that i dont like it.... i made a few testers and after 3 days steeping it doesnt taste really good to me and it doesnt taste like cheesecake at all ... maybe german cheesecake is different to american cheesecake ... but as far as i know american cheese cake must taste great... this one doesnt :D

so ill try to order the graham version of cheesecake next time and try that one.. Thx a lot!
Fw cheesecake tastes like the oreo instant cheese cake. A very sweet taste i mix it with cap ny cheesecake bc its kinda as you describe a little to pungent. So fw might be more your style.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors