Become a Patron!

What to do?

jetstream87

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello my fellow vapers, got a Kanger Mega tank in which I ordered with my ipv3 vape. Came to realize that at the beginning was giving me great clouds at 13.5Watts but now it gives me minimum to some what good clouds. Anyone would like to tell me what can I do to improve my clouds? I am using the dual coil, full open air flow, and 0mg nicotine juice. I did ordered a 1.8 ohm coils will that improve my clouds?

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For better clouds I use sub tanks....with a .2-.5 ohm coil at 45-65w and wide open airflow..
upgraded to subtanks and no longer vape those tanks that use coils over 1.0 ohm....sorry I couldn't help more

from my Droid Maxx via Tapatalk

Last edited:

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kind of agree. Sub Ohm Tanks are the way to go these days. At least for me. Then I have a Dark Horse RDA for dripping and hanging out in the vape shop and at home.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kind of agree. Sub Ohm Tanks are the way to go these days. At least for me. Then I have a Dark Horse RDA for dripping and hanging out in the vape shop and at home.
Me too! Lol
Dark Horse for dripping here at home and the Herkales for out about...
fc822c3d08d9d6552704192d52b79725.jpg

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well a tank holds the juice in it and it either has a disposable atomizer or some tanks have rebuildable decks for them. An RDA is a rebuildable dripping atomizer meaning it's just cotton and coils that you saturate with juice and get some hits then you have to re saturate the cotton again. In other words it doesn't hold juice in it like a tank does. Tanks usually hold between 3ml and 5ml typically. While a dripper is just what it sounds like. You put a few drips of liquid on the cotton. Hope I answered the question good.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep smacksy that's the ticket ! I use a Dark Horse and a High Voltage tank.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No kidding around I bought two of them and I'm going to buy a third. Even at 35-40 watts it makes huge clouds! You can hit it up to 100 watts but if you use it at like 40 watts the coils last forever and the flavor is great besides the clouds.

jetstream87

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No kidding around I bought two of them and I'm going to buy a third. Even at 35-40 watts it makes huge clouds! You can hit it up to 100 watts but if you use it at like 40 watts the coils last forever and the flavor is great besides the clouds.
I got Eskimo kiss flavor by Black Label and love the mint or cool flavor. Tend to notice that the hotter the vape the weirder the flavor lol. In low watts I tend to find it cooler and mintier flavor

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There's a lot of good new sub ohm tanks out there. It's a matter of preference I guess. Some are: Artic, Herakles Sense, Starre by Freemax, High Voltage, Matrix by High Voltage Atlantis 2, Atlantis Mega, did I leave any out ? anyone?

jetstream87

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There's a lot of good new sub ohm tanks out there. It's a matter of preference I guess. Some are: Artic, Herakles Sense, Starre by Freemax, High Voltage, Matrix by High Voltage Atlantis 2, Atlantis Mega, did I leave any out ? anyone?
How about Kanger Mega tank

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
How about Kanger Mega tank

The kanger subtank is a great tank. I use mine non-stop! Everyone has their own preferences as to which of the new sub-ohm tank they like but IMO the subtank mini (~4ml capacity) and subtank plus (~7ml capacity!) are the best! You can choose between replaceable coils (0.5 ohm or 1.2 ohm) and an RBA deck that you can build your own coils on (my favorite).

jetstream87

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The kanger subtank is a great tank. I use mine non-stop! Everyone has their own preferences as to which of the new sub-ohm tank they like but IMO the subtank mini (~4ml capacity) and subtank plus (~7ml capacity!) are the best! You can choose between replaceable coils (0.5 ohm or 1.2 ohm) and an RBA deck that you can build your own coils on (my favorite).
I have to refill mine often in which I hate.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I also have the Atlantis with the new cotton coils that helped a alot with flavor, the 7ml extension from A-mod means I don't have to refill it so often... But some of my other subtanks I like are the Arctic, Starre, and the Herkales..
The Sarre with the .25 cotton coil produces astounding flavor at 60w....5ml tank lasts most all day on one fill up, but I also have 3 mods set up I vape in rotation so juice goes longer between fill up's...its all good! Lol

jetstream87

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I also have the Atlantis with the new cotton coils that helped a alot with flavor, the 7ml extension from A-mod means I don't have to refill it so often... But some of my other subtanks I like are the Arctic, Starre, and the Herkales..
The Sarre with the .25 cotton coil produces astounding flavor at 60w....5ml tank lasts most all day on one fill up.I have 3 mods set up I vape in rotation so juice goes longer between fill up's...its all good! Lol

How do you clean your tanks when changing flavors? I notice the residue stats behind on the coils and gives a mixed flavor

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's easy.. I unscrew the used coil, disassemble the tank, rinse out the glass tank, end caps and drip tip with hot tap water..pull a paper towel thru the glass to dry it, blow excess water drops off the end caps, resemble the tank and caps, install new coil and fill with new flavor ...all of 15 min..

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have to refill mine often in which I hate.

Are you using the Kanger subtank already? There's no mega subtank so I assumed you were talking about the aerotank mega or protank mega. They're very different.

KRAET-KME-2.jpg

Vs,

R0017554_05124bf3-f01a-429b-9f86-a27aeb94c581_1024x1024.jpg

Subtank is a whole different vaping experience.

jetstream87

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Are you using the Kanger subtank already? There's no mega subtank so I assumed you were talking about the aerotank mega or protank mega. They're very different.

KRAET-KME-2.jpg

Vs,

R0017554_05124bf3-f01a-429b-9f86-a27aeb94c581_1024x1024.jpg

Subtank is a whole different vaping experience.
Yeah I am,using the Arotank mega

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
If your vapor production is going down in your subtank, could be time to change the head.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah I am,using the Arotank mega
This is why you're not getting what you want. I ordered two Aerotank Giants on ridiculous sale to use as lazy time fill and vapes when I didn't want to build my Kayfuns. Well, despite great reviews, they kinda stink. The .8 heads can't wick well enough, nor can the 1.2. They gurgle, and can't handle any real power. Just muted flavor, burnt taste, all of that. You're not utilizing the iPV3 and it's capabilities. Though, I'm not saying you should be pushing it all the way. I rarely go over 55 watts on a dripper.

If you want a tank, I don't have any of them, but pick up one of the numerous sub ohm ones around. The Subtank seems best if you want to rebuild. I'm soon to fold and just bite the bullet on one of these myself. Just too many options, it's hard to decide which one.

Brian L

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
I used the Aerotank Mega for a little while, but found it lacking - plus it dry hits like crazy (like any of the other dual coil Kanger tanks) with higher VG juice. I stepped it up to the Subtank Mini and the difference is like night and day, and I can put the same juice I use for dripping in it with no dry hits. Cloud production and flavor put the Aerotank to shame! Even with the 1.2 coil the clouds are pretty good. I use a 70/30 VG/PG juice in both of my Subtanks. Next up is going to be the Arctic tank when I get my IPV4.

jetstream87

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This is why you're not getting what you want. I ordered two Aerotank Giants on ridiculous sale to use as lazy time fill and vapes when I didn't want to build my Kayfuns. Well, despite great reviews, they kinda stink. The .8 heads can't wick well enough, nor can the 1.2. They gurgle, and can't handle any real power. Just muted flavor, burnt taste, all of that. You're not utilizing the iPV3 and it's capabilities. Though, I'm not saying you should be pushing it all the way. I rarely go over 55 watts on a dripper.

If you want a tank, I don't have any of them, but pick up one of the numerous sub ohm ones around. The Subtank seems best if you want to rebuild. I'm soon to fold and just bite the bullet on one of these myself. Just too many options, it's hard to decide which one.
I got my new coils and man that is crap man, went to 1.8 ohm and 1.0 got to say that I still get burnt taste on the damn thing. No freaken clouds, switching to high voltage sub ohm-tank. Hopefully that gets me the clouds.

jetstream87

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I used the Aerotank Mega for a little while, but found it lacking - plus it dry hits like crazy (like any of the other dual coil Kanger tanks) with higher VG juice. I stepped it up to the Subtank Mini and the difference is like night and day, and I can put the same juice I use for dripping in it with no dry hits. Cloud production and flavor put the Aerotank to shame! Even with the 1.2 coil the clouds are pretty good. I use a 70/30 VG/PG juice in both of my Subtanks. Next up is going to be the Arctic tank when I get my IPV4.
Yeah it sucks on how I still get dry hits, still gargles, doesn't vape correctly at times. Sometimes I hear it garglin but little smoke and taste, hold the vape button for 6 seconds and boom burnt taste even with a 1.8 ohm coil.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not to piss off the Kangar fans lol try the High Voltage you Wont be sorry ! No I don't work for or sell them lol

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got Eskimo kiss flavor by Black Label and love the mint or cool flavor. Tend to notice that the hotter the vape the weirder the flavor lol. In low watts I tend to find it cooler and mintier flavor
Some flavors don't do well in hotter cloud chasing rigs, mint is one of them.

Ngkon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Have you tired the Kanger .8 or 1.0 coils? They may help a bit but the biggest enemy for that tank is the airflow and next the small amount of wick material.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ordered one with 5 coils replacement
One thing to remember about this tank Jetstream. After you fill it and close it all up you can grab the knurled part of the top of the tank and move it left and right to open or close the wicking holes for thicker or thinner juices ! Cool Feature. Don't forget to prime the coils put some drops on the sides and a few right into the coil before you screw the coil into the base.

AZ4running

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have 2 Kanger Subtanks and they work really well, good clouds but not crazy huge and great flavor, best i have used so far.

VU Sponsors