Become a Patron!

what to try? Opinions

Khendershot88

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hey I'm sure this is a repeat thread and all, but I'm fairly new to vaping. Just upgraded to a evic vtc mini with tron-s tank from the cheap egos. I've mainly been vaping fruit flavors and the few desserts I've tried were all fruit desserts. While I like the fruit the desserts seemed lack luster and some fruit varieties lacking themselves. They have all can from mbv as they where the place I originally ordered my ego starter kit from. I'm hoping its just their line that's unsatisfactory and hope you guys can point me into some great flavors and some awesome vendors to order from.

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Flavor is so subjective, I would strongly recommend sampling in vape shops before ordering online.

Khendershot88

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The problem with that is I wouldn't feel right sampling there products to find what I like to order online. I wouldn't mind buying from a local b&m but at $20 plus for 30 ml it isn't economical. Also all they sell around here is locally made juice.

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I would strongly recommend sampling in vape shops before ordering online.

That.

I wouldn't mind buying from a local b&m but at $20 plus for 30 ml it isn't economical.

Then this.

Sometimes you have to pay to learn stuff. In this case, you're finding out what flavors you like. But more importantly, which ones you don't. Browse the forum for a while and see the number of people posting pictures of their 10+ juices they don't want. Price on those... more than 20 bucks.

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The problem with that is I wouldn't feel right sampling there products to find what I like to order online. I wouldn't mind buying from a local b&m but at $20 plus for 30 ml it isn't economical. Also all they sell around here is locally made juice.
For most premium juices, I have seen savings online of maybe two dollars. It's not like your getting premium juice for half price. Paying the couple of extra bucks to get something you know you like is a good deal.

Khendershot88

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I suppose you're right about it being more or less a trial and error. I guess I was just hoping for a great economical solution to my delima. Is there any decent vendors one would recommend that sells sample size bottles for a good price?

Khendershot88

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
For most premium juices, I have seen savings online of maybe two dollars. It's not like your getting premium juice for half price. Paying the couple of extra bucks to get something you know you like is a good deal.
The stores around here don't offer any notable juices. Mostly store brand and locally mixed, and with the IQ of most in my area not sure if it's anything I'd trust lol.

James

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey I'm sure this is a repeat thread and all, but I'm fairly new to vaping. Just upgraded to a evic vtc mini with tron-s tank from the cheap egos. I've mainly been vaping fruit flavors and the few desserts I've tried were all fruit desserts. While I like the fruit the desserts seemed lack luster and some fruit varieties lacking themselves. They have all can from mbv as they where the place I originally ordered my ego starter kit from. I'm hoping its just their line that's unsatisfactory and hope you guys can point me into some great flavors and some awesome vendors to order from.
You sound like you could get a lot of use getting in to DIY juice making . By the way , to be able to mix a good juice you dont have to be smrt . You just have to have a good nose , or be able to follow instructions .

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The stores around here don't offer any notable juices. Mostly store brand and locally mixed, and with the IQ of most in my area not sure if it's anything I'd trust lol.
I agree on the DIY. I have less than $2 in most things I'm vaping. There are some great clone recipe's available. Might be a good place to get some ideas of things to purchase, If I were going to recommend one juice to someone to try that I thought they would like. it would probably be "Betty". The vape shops here in Alabama can't keep it in stock. Pinup Vapes makes it.

Khendershot88

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Diy is something I had considered but wasn't sure of the ease or feasibility of it. Thanks for the suggestion I'll definitely take another look into it. Is there a beginners kit one could buy or would I just be better of buying item individually?

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Diy is something I had considered but wasn't sure of the ease or feasibility of it. Thanks for the suggestion I'll definitely take another look into it. Is there a beginners kit one could buy or would I just be better of buying item individually?
I never had a kit. So i really don't know. As long as you have something that will measure ml. Your good to go. Stay below 36mg NIC solutions when starting out. Wash your hands after handling nicotine. Rubber gloves and safety glasses any higher mg NIC. Check out some of the DIY recipes for ideas. Flavors are cheap. It literally works out to less that $2 for most 30 ml bottles, LOL, What trips me up is seeing a recipe I wanna try and I am missing one flavor. You can get a 10ml bottle of flavor for $1.49. But then I keep seeing things that look good and it becomes a large order.

Last edited:

Khendershot88

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah I understand the feeling. Nothings worse than staring out the window waiting on the mailman to see if a package has arrived.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First, on your initial disappointment - I bought a ton from Mt. Baker when I was using the older-style eGo pens and it worked okay - once I graduated to mech mods and then high-wattage regulated, the low quality flavors really became off-putting in a hurry. Started buying shop liquid even though the price was murderous.

For DIY I wouldn't buy a kit, even if someone offered one - a few syringes or a good digital scale, a handful of flavors, and some PG/VG/nic will do. If you're willing to go whole-hog get a gallon of each base from Essential Depot for about $50, a small bottle of nic from Nude Nicotine or Vaperstek, and a dozen or so flavors (start with the little 10 ml bottles until you decide whether you like something) from Bull City or E-Cig Express - total investment about $100, and you can mix a liter or so of liquid (about 60x 15 ml bottles) - after that you'll still have plenty of nic and base, but you'll have to buy some more flavors and you'll be a couple hundred bucks ahead of the game even considering Mt. Baker pricing.

If you're careful and look her for advice (I firmly believe our DIY subs are the best on the web), at worst you'll be making liquid equivalent to what you're vaping now, at best (once you fall into some good recpies) you'll have premium-quality liquid for 10 cents a ml or less...

James

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
For syringes ,the glas type i got mine from Fasttech as well as most of my bottles and a scale . The glass suringes are the the best as the plastic ones have a problem with the printing wearing out .

Khendershot88

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks for all the quick feedback I appreciate it. I'll look through the diy section today and find a few recipes I'd like to try. After I have my list and get started I will let you all know how it goes.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Try verdevalleyvapes.com. The owner is a member here and a great guy. Great juice, awesome prices, fast shipping and his flavors are on point. He's running a nice sale this week check him out.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You could try sample packs. Alohavapes.com has 5 10ml bottles for $25.00 and they always throw in 2-3 extra flavors/bottles that I know will enjoy. Also, like DJ said above verdevalleyvapes.com has sample packs, 3 flavors of 30 mls each for about $15.00 (less with coupon code) that made me a repeat customer. Good luck. finding your all day vape is trial and error.

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I live in Alabama. The people around here seem pretty good at making juice and shine. Betty by Pinup is one of the favorite juices here. I wouldn't be afraid to recommend it, if you were dead set on ordering without tasting.

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Best time ever in Alabama... any time at the Flora-Bama. There's something about seeing moms taking their daughters out to get laid.
LOL No lie. I was at a bike rally, during the wet t shirt contest. One woman leaned out and said, Momma you ok down there? to and older woman at the end.

xpmtterrx

Member For 4 Years
Try verdevalleyvapes.com. The owner is a member here and a great guy. Great juice, awesome prices, fast shipping and his flavors are on point. He's running a nice sale this week check him out.

You have to try this company. I used to pay $20+ per 30ml for premium juice (IE: Spacejam, Cyber, etc.) but then I tried vapewild which was just "ok" for the price. So I was about to order more from them and can't remember exactly how this happened but came across this forum. Put in a $30 order to verdevalleyvapes (V3) for 3 100ml bottles after reading about 25+ different people on here praise them. They now are my sole vape provider. So if you like Vanilla, Raspberry or mixed berries try the Vanilla custard, Raspberry custard, and Krunchy Berries from V3.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You have to try this company. I used to pay $20+ per 30ml for premium juice (IE: Spacejam, Cyber, etc.) but then I tried vapewild which was just "ok" for the price. So I was about to order more from them and can't remember exactly how this happened but came across this forum. Put in a $30 order to verdevalleyvapes (V3) for 3 100ml bottles after reading about 25+ different people on here praise them. They now are my sole vape provider. So if you like Vanilla, Raspberry or mixed berries try the Vanilla custard, Raspberry custard, and Krunchy Berries from V3.
Truth!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Loyal customer here as well. I will say on lower power setups I'd probably opt for extra flavor.

One thing I noticed is the sweetness of a vape really changes going from a low power/high ohm setup to a subohm higher wattage setup. My favorite flavor when I started vaping was Vanilla from my local B&M. It was a perfect level of sweetness and just delightful. Then I bought the original Atlantis setup, instantly I wanted to puke it was so sweet.

Now I'm vaping on 50w+ setups with .2-.5Ω coils. And, well subtlety is what I look for. So many premium flavors are literally sickening. V3 (the linked company) is my hands down favorite company because they don't have that effect. It's nice, it's tasty, but it's not overpowering. So with that if I were running my old setups I'd probably want a little extra boost to the flavor otherwise it may be a bit "bland." For me now though, their stuff is simply on point. I was started to get discouraged on trying to find something just right and affordable, then I found these guys.

I'd suggest grabbing the 13 flavor full sampler, you can get 13 15ml bottles for $30. My favorites are the Honey Milk, Strawberry Lemonade and Strawberry Milk, but really every one is solid. The one I initially was a bit turned off by was Fuzzy Tata's, but I'm vaping it right now and it's good, so some need a little extra steeping, some are perfect right away (and the strawberry milk I actually like best right away, after steeping it's still a favorite but not as good, as always just my personal opinion). Anyways, it's worth trying them all and find the one you like. Use the ones you like best initially, and if you're not a big fan let it sit for a couple weeks and try it again. And always check the facebook page as there's almost always a sale going on.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Loyal customer here as well. I will say on lower power setups I'd probably opt for extra flavor.

One thing I noticed is the sweetness of a vape really changes going from a low power/high ohm setup to a subohm higher wattage setup. My favorite flavor when I started vaping was Vanilla from my local B&M. It was a perfect level of sweetness and just delightful. Then I bought the original Atlantis setup, instantly I wanted to puke it was so sweet.

Now I'm vaping on 50w+ setups with .2-.5Ω coils. And, well subtlety is what I look for. So many premium flavors are literally sickening. V3 (the linked company) is my hands down favorite company because they don't have that effect. It's nice, it's tasty, but it's not overpowering. So with that if I were running my old setups I'd probably want a little extra boost to the flavor otherwise it may be a bit "bland." For me now though, their stuff is simply on point. I was started to get discouraged on trying to find something just right and affordable, then I found these guys.

I'd suggest grabbing the 13 flavor full sampler, you can get 13 15ml bottles for $30. My favorites are the Honey Milk, Strawberry Lemonade and Strawberry Milk, but really every one is solid. The one I initially was a bit turned off by was Fuzzy Tata's, but I'm vaping it right now and it's good, so some need a little extra steeping, some are perfect right away (and the strawberry milk I actually like best right away, after steeping it's still a favorite but not as good, as always just my personal opinion). Anyways, it's worth trying them all and find the one you like. Use the ones you like best initially, and if you're not a big fan let it sit for a couple weeks and try it again. And always check the facebook page as there's almost always a sale going on.

I had the same experience with Fuzzy Tata's but to tell you the truth I ordered it strictly because of the name. LMAO. My favorite V3 vapes are in this order. Raspberry Custard, Strawberry Milkshake, Vanilla Custard, Blueberry Custard, Krunchy Berries, and Cinnamon Cream. Only one I have yet to try is Strawberry Lemonade, just can't bring myself to vape it in the winter. Lol.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I had the same experience with Fuzzy Tata's but to tell you the truth I ordered it strictly because of the name. LMAO. My favorite V3 vapes are in this order. Raspberry Custard, Strawberry Milkshake, Vanilla Custard, Blueberry Custard, Krunchy Berries, and Cinnamon Cream. Only one I have yet to try is Strawberry Lemonade, just can't bring myself to vape it in the winter. Lol.
Haha, for sure, I was very sad initially because i wanted to like the Fuzzy Tatas but I just didn't. After letting it steep for I think about a month now, well it's quite excellent.

I know what you're saying on the Strawberry Lemonade, the only problem with it is that it's too perfect. Vaping it on a warm setup and it's funky, who drinks warm lemonade? Luckily I live in Southern California, so winter isn't really a thing, it's more "I guess I could wear a sweatshirt today" kind of weather (I honestly miss Montana winters though).

Khendershot88

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well I pulled the trigger and ordered the 3 100ml sample pack from v3. Couldn't beat the price with the discount code offered, Although I wish I would have ordered a day earlier to get the free bottle but still can't complain. I ordered blueberry custard, raspberry custard and strawberry milkshake. I also broke down and bought a bottle from the local b&m. Its called Vice Versa phantom x. Locally mixed and not to bad just light on flavor.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well I pulled the trigger and ordered the 3 100ml sample pack from v3. Couldn't beat the price with the discount code offered, Although I wish I would have ordered a day earlier to get the free bottle but still can't complain. I ordered blueberry custard, raspberry custard and strawberry milkshake. I also broke down and bought a bottle from the local b&m. Its called Vice Versa phantom x. Locally mixed and not to bad just light on flavor.

You ordered all of his best flavors. While they are all good out of the box keep in mind like all good juices they get even better after some steeping.

Khendershot88

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah I'm hoping that my vice versa will hold me over while I let em steep for a bit. How long would you recommend?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah I'm hoping that my vice versa will hold me over while I let em steep for a bit. How long would you recommend?
Not long. Like I said they are totally vapeable out of the box. You will notice them getting better as you make your way thru a 100ml bottle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Khendershot88

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Perfect, I'm just waiting for the email saying they shipped. I'm excited to try some flavors with such great reviews.

VU Sponsors