Become a Patron!

What Type of Tank?

Im very new and foreign when it comes to vaping and its terminology. I understand most boxes have a 510 connection. I just bought a new mod with a 510 HYBRID connection. Can I use my TFV12 Prince on the hybrid connection? Could someone explain what it is exactly? Thanks for your time and help!!

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Welcome to VU. Did you buy a V God? or something else?

The TFV12 Prince is not compatible with a 510 hybrid. You would need a protruding positive pin which that RTA does not have.

Welcome to VU. Did you buy a V God? or something else?

The TFV12 Prince is not compatible with a 510 hybrid. You would need a protruding positive pin which that RTA does not have.

I have a pilot vape m57. I normally only buy tpriv 3s because they’ve treated me well. So I haven’t brushed up on any hybrids before. I’m not a big dripper guy though, any nice hybrid tanks you’d recommend then?

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I dont think the m57 is a hybrid. If I remember correctly that is the one that kind of looks like a hand grenade and is a standard 510, dual parallel mod that is 3d printed. Did you get the OD green?

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Have you ever used a mechanical mod before?

I dont think the m57 is a hybrid. If I remember correctly that is the one that kind of looks like a hand grenade and is a standard 510, dual parallel mod that is 3d printed. Did you get the OD green?

Sorry if I come off dumb but the only mos I’ve owned was a T Priv3 and I think that’s a mech mod. It is the hand grenade looking one and I did get the green. I found a websites description saying it was a hybrid. I’ll post a link down below.

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/PilotVape-M57-MOD.html

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Sorry if I come off dumb but the only mos I’ve owned was a T Priv3 and I think that’s a mech mod. It is the hand grenade looking one and I did get the green. I found a websites description saying it was a hybrid. I’ll post a link down below.

ot

Not dumb at all. It could have been bad if it were a hybrid and you used a TFV12 on it. I really want that mod and I am certain it is not a hybrid mod. In the context it is being used would imply the battery was in contact directly with the 510 pin. Which is not the case. For all practical means and purposes
qqu42q.jpg

6e3da316ad126b8461ab52c09c70c54d.jpg

With you being a new mech user, it is recommended that you get familiar with ohms law, battery safety and the types and applications of mechanical mods before using one. Not saying its going to kill you, but bad things can happen if you are not safe and know what you are doing. Start with the basics and if you look around this forum you will find a bunch of beginner mech stuff.

ot

Not dumb at all. It could have been bad if it were a hybrid and you used a TFV12 on it. I really want that mod and I am certain it is not a hybrid mod. In the context it is being used would imply the battery was in contact directly with the 510 pin. Which is not the case. For all practical means and purposes
qqu42q.jpg

6e3da316ad126b8461ab52c09c70c54d.jpg

With you being a new mech user, it is recommended that you get familiar with ohms law, battery safety and the types and applications of mechanical mods before using one. Not saying its going to kill you, but bad things can happen if you are not safe and know what you are doing. Start with the basics and if you look around this forum you will find a bunch of beginner mech stuff.

I appreciate all of your help so much!! Thanks! I was reading different forums and websites and they both say the opposite of each other. Some say it’s just a 510 and others say it’s a hybrid. I can tell the difference in tanks now but how would I know if the mod is or not? I just don’t want to mess anything up. If it’s not a hybrid than my prince tank can work on it then right?

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
A true hybrid mod has an atomizer made for the mod that screws down directly on top in place of a 510 connector and makes direct contact with a battery (had to put that in before the technicality police get me). For the purposes of this discussion a Hybrid 510 connector would essentially be a threaded hole that the atomizer gets screwed onto which allows it to make a direct connection with the battery. This is why a protruding positive pin is necessary. The threaded part of your atomizer is the negative portion the center pin is the positive. If your atomizer is flush on the bottom and you screw that directly onto a battery, you create a short which can range from bad to catastrophic. There is no circumstance where it is a happy experience.

Look very carefully at the bottom picture. It shows the difference.

That mod is not a hybrid. There are not many (any that I am aware of) parallel box mods that have hybrid connections, this is more typical of series mechanical mods due to the battery orientation.

Start here:
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/mooch’s-minding-your-mech’s-series.415417/page-2#post-2232108

Then read up as much as you can on Ohm's law, Learn about batteries and their real limits (Discover Mooch). Google around and learn what the different types of mech mods are and how they are used and their limits. Know this stuff before using a mech.

Using a mech mod can be an awesome experience if thought out well and you know what you are getting into. It can also be the most mediocre or miserable vape experience if you have no clue what you are doing.

On a regulated mod the chip does a lot of the thinking for you. On an unregulated mechanical mod you do all the thinking for it, therefor it is super important it is well thought out and accurate.

To answer your last question that depends. What kind of batteries are you using, what kind of coils are in your tank. It may run but not very well, it may drink your battery in minutes, may pop your batteries. Ohms law, learn it. Battery Safety, learn it.

VU Sponsors