Become a Patron!

What u guys think

ace1

Member For 2 Years
4 ten wrap coils 22 Gage kenthal. And ohms out at .14 pulls 40 amps. Need a bigger mod lol drains my battery to fast

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Excellent build. But that's a lot of mass to heat up. By using 22 gauge wire you have to do a lot of wraps to get the ohms up. But ohms isn't everything. In this case you have a lot of wire to heat up. That's why you're draining your dual 18650 mod so fast.

ace1

Member For 2 Years
Excellent build. But that's a lot of mass to heat up. By using 22 gauge wire you have to do a lot of wraps to get the ohms up. But ohms isn't everything. In this case you have a lot of wire to heat up. That's why you're draining your dual 18650 mod so fast.

ace1

Member For 2 Years
What would be a good wire gauge. Kinda new to building. I only have messed with 22 gauge
I do like the quad coils but takes to much to heat up

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Try a higher gauge wire with less wraps if the ramp up time is on the long side

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you're looking on just doing a straight quad coil I'd say around 26 gauge. Play around with it. If you use 26 gauge and do say 8 wraps per coil. Install and see how the ramp up time is for you, after getting out the hotspots that is. If it takes too long just take them out and pull 1 wrap off each coil. Install, check for hot spots/ohms and check ramp up time. Repeat til you find your match. It sounds tedious but it does help to further understand your setup and find your sweet spot.

ace1

Member For 2 Years
I use a regulated mod and if the ohms get to low it won't fire. That's why I had to use a ten wrap with 22 gauge wire. So would a 28 gauge wire work. And if I did a 6 wrap would it ohm out at .15 to like .23

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What's the lowest your device will fire? Most go down to .1 now. And after consulting my app a quad coil with 5 wraps and 3mm ID would be .15 or thereabouts so more wraps will be alright for you

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you've got a smartphone there's an app called vape tool by vape tool that has all sorts of templates for basic and advanced builds. Plus an ejuice calculator and cloud service to save all your recipes and photos to.
2fba8856b47f2dd5bbc8f981485867ed.jpg

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So would it be better to use like 32 gauge wire or is that to thin
TOO THING A Single WIRE BUT A Quad 3 OR 4 Strand twisted build in 32. Might do......

Vape tool is a decent phone app. I prefer steam-engine.org though.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

geoffd

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you've got a smartphone there's an app called vape tool by vape tool that has all sorts of templates for basic and advanced builds. Plus an ejuice calculator and cloud service to save all your recipes and photos to.
2fba8856b47f2dd5bbc8f981485867ed.jpg

I find vape tool to be pretty useful for estimating coil resistance

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea vape tool is the way to go.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Unless you get used to having it on an android device, but switch to an Iphone where it is not available. Seriously the only thing I miss about my android phone. Vape tool is a handy little app. Have not found another iphone app that compares.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unless you get used to having it on an android device, but switch to an Iphone where it is not available. Seriously the only thing I miss about my android phone. Vape tool is a handy little app. Have not found another iphone app that compares.
I thought I saw the developer posted on here somewhere he's got it out for Android under another name because vape tool was taken

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I thought I saw the developer posted on here somewhere he's got it out for Android under another name because vape tool was taken

Awesome! Just looked again on the iphone app store. Looks like it exists now for iphone under the name "coil builder." Hopefully it is the same app by a different name.

VU Sponsors