Become a Patron!

What Vape gear has surprised you?

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I recently received the Sahara RDA from a contest win. To be honest I was happy I was chosen, but wasn't really interested in this RDA. When I came in I decided what the heck I'll give it a go before I try to sell or trade it. The build deck is weird to say the least. The coils hang upside down. The way the airflow looks is also very unconventional. Doesn't look like there is any way the flavor can be decent (upon further study it's angled down kind of like the dead rabbit).

I'm certainly glad I decided to put a build in it. It will not be getting sold or traded and has instead found a home in my rotation. Flavor on this is some of the best I've ever had! I have it on the RVN Chronicle mod which has an Egyptianesqe themed engravings so Sahara Fits right in.

Untitled by Wayne, on Flickr

Sorry for the crappy pic.

I highly recommend getting one and giving it a shot.

I'm curious as to what vape gear surprised you.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
A few things have surprised me, lately.

The first Zeus RTA. I put if off, put if off... I've typically not liked top AF RTAs but I'm a big fan of single coil tanks. By the time I decided I wanted one, they were really hard to find. My buddy @MrMeowgi sold me his, because he's just a super cool dude, and if you don't know him by now, you really should. Super nice guy. I've been very pleasantly surprised how much I love this tank. I hate buying new gear cuz I'm a cheap mofo, combed the Trading Post for them, but never any luck., so have since scrounged the web and got 2 more for back ups. Also glass. I order glass once I know I love a tank. I bought 10 of them.

Next up are both internal batt devices that I won in contests.

Aspire Tigon from a VU Challenge. Ego type batts have come a long way. 2600 mah, and came with a tank of the same name, one coil is a .4, the other a 1.2. Have only tried the .4, and though the flavor is fantastic, it's really hot for my style of vaping. Been using it more than a couple weeks and haven't had to swap out the coil, yet. If I decide I like the 1.2 ohm, I might consider getting some of them. I HATE buying premade coils, so that's saying quite a bit. The draw might not be for everyone. It's an airy MTL/restricted DL, which is perfect for me.

OBS Cube MTL Kit from a VU Vendor contest. Also internal batt, is 3000 mah and 80w, comes with an Engine MTL tank. Need to take the time, still, to build the tank, but totally in love with the mod. One feature about it that I think is kinda cool, but might drive some nuts, is that when you set your wattage, it locks it in, no extra buttons to press. For me, that's handy, as I toss stuff into a crowded purse when I leave for work. Easily accommodates a 25mm tank, but threw a 30mm tank on it for someone else to see and it really didn't look too bad. But, at 80w, that might be an issue, that's up to the user. It's about the same height as an iPVD3, maybe a smidge shorter. Really cool little device.

Bluenatic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Is the Sahara upside down deck design so the coils stay saturated from the juice inside the well? Odd design indeed, but very intriguing

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not sure what the motivation behind the design, but it works. I haven't tried it as a squonker, but I'll bet it works really well for that.
Wait what!? I need to see this deck.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
well if I still own it...it surprised me, that's why I kept it....the ones that surprised me
The Pulse G from RM mods
the BMG 22 from flow engineering
the stormrider from steamboy
the nextera
hellfire 22
the KFL

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
coming from the vaping days of when Grimme Greene was not a youtuber and everything was a cigalike , penstyle and juices were all hansean , and the like with unknown nic and god knows what. i was surprised by a few things in each generation of vaping that i call them anyway.

in Gen 1 aka the cigalike days it was the cartomizer later in gen 1 it was the carto tanks.
in gen 2 it was carto tanks and early RDA and mechs and bulky box mods made from what ever you had.
in gen 3 it was Better juice some made in the states and box mods (mosfet, provari, Dna 440)
in gen 4 it was better tanks and coils (current Gen) Mesh Factory coils for sure

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I recently received the Sahara RDA from a contest win. To be honest I was happy I was chosen, but wasn't really interested in this RDA. When I came in I decided what the heck I'll give it a go before I try to sell or trade it. The build deck is weird to say the least. The coils hang upside down. The way the airflow looks is also very unconventional. Doesn't look like there is any way the flavor can be decent (upon further study it's angled down kind of like the dead rabbit).

I'm certainly glad I decided to put a build in it. It will not be getting sold or traded and has instead found a home in my rotation. Flavor on this is some of the best I've ever had! I have it on the RVN Chronicle mod which has an Egyptianesqe themed engravings so Sahara Fits right in.

Sorry for the crappy pic.

I highly recommend getting one and giving it a shot.

I'm curious as to what vape gear surprised you.

If you slightly offset those coils mate to match the airflow restriction you’ll find flavour pops more for you ...I had it on 2 open as below

37392A79-51DF-49DD-B231-397E25B147C9.jpeg
DF677B28-EFBB-4E0A-9D3B-8C2E30A0EB58.jpeg

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Solomon V1 from Kaees ...cheap, no thrills, easy to build on, easy to wick, doesn’t leak, perfect airflow for my liking, flavour is fantastic....that one was probably the biggest surprise to date

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Zeus RTA.....
b462cfa32273e490970946b083fabe85.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

jayse_fayse

Member For 1 Year
8F5FED4F-ACE0-4534-941A-E1D5518FFC45.jpeg The Wotofo profile and the new profile unity. Though the profile has better flavor the unity still has decent
Flavor and if your not in a drip all day mode its great for an rta and both super easy and quick to build. Own 2 of each!

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
View attachment 135448 The Wotofo profile and the new profile unity. Though the profile has better flavor the unity still has decent
Flavor and if your not in a drip all day mode its great for an rta and both super easy and quick to build. Own 2 of each!
I got to play with a Fush a while back. Pretty gimmicky but also a decent mod.

Welcome to VU.

VU Sponsors