Become a Patron!

What Vapor should I buy?

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm probably in the wrong place, since this is a site for cloud chasers, but I was hoping you could help me.
I'm just trying to quit smoking and have been using a 2 year old Ego that I found in my house. I started few days ago.

I don't feel enough throat hit, and the flavour is almost non. the vape that is coming out is not that impressive either.
I need something with throat hit, good amount of vape coming out (Not like cloud chasing)
and good flavour.

I have been thinkng of buying a ''Ego One'' but the tank is so small, and people say it's hard to see how much there is left, but they do have a good battery for something so small. I'm looking for something that is portable, and won't brake if I have it in my pocket when traveling.

So maybe I shouldn't buy it because of the tank, but besides the tank, the Ego One looks pretty good.

I'm up for to mod it, if I have too. My budget would be something around what a Ego One costs.

Right now the juice I use is 80% PG so I can get good flavour and throat hit, but it doesn't do that, since my Vapor is bad. I need a uprade. The reason why I don't get that much of Vapor that I would hope is probably because of the high PG, but still. It should produce a bit more.

I have been smoking for 10 years and I want to quit. Need something with flavour, strong throat hit and a bit vapor!

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Hi @Kiicki

I can't tell you what mod to buy, and I am not a "cloud chaser" either. I got into vaping for the same reasons you are, although I had a couple more decades of it behind me. I went through a LOT of trial and error, and a LOT of $$$$ trying to figure out what would work for me. If you are serious about quitting, then I would actually recommend buying a more advanced mod (you don't necessarily have to spend a lot).

The reason for buying something more advance is that you can always adjust it down to meet your requirements, and it will have enough capability to grow with you as your requirements change. I went the other route, and bought a cigalike, when that didn't work, I stepped up to an ego style, when that didn't work, I went to variable voltage, and when that didn't work ... do you see the pattern here? You can save yourself a lot of heartache and money buying something advanced now and tuning it down for your personal usage patterns. The style of mod is going to be personal preference, you have to decide if you prefer a "tube" style mod, a "box" style mod, or something more unique in shape.

For a "new vaper", I would recommend looking at the iStick 30 watt mod, it runs about $35-$40 and comes with everything you need but a tank. It is a "box" style mod by definition, but it has rounded edges, it's pretty small and compact, gets some pretty good reviews, has good bang for the buck, and a pretty nice feature set that is easy enough for a beginner to use. *DISCLAIMER* I have not actually used one of these, but I did own it's predecessor for a time and it worked well for what I needed then. I gave it to a friend, and she is still using it today.

Now lets talk tanks. There are a TON of them on the market, and I have not tried many of them at all. I can tell you that the Aspire Atlantis, Kangertech SubTank Mini, and the Joyetech Delta II all get pretty good reviews, and have the capability of doing sub-ohm and more traditional higher ohm vaping. I think that most of the the current lineups have both sub-ohm (.5) and standard ohm (1.2) coils, so you can try one and if you don't like it, change the coil. They also have a rebuildable deck if you decide you want to try your hand at rebuilding. Depending on the tank, it may come with the deck or it may cost $10 or so to buy it as an add on.

From a personal point of view, Kangertech tanks always worked well and held up to the abuse I put them through when I was using tanks. At one point I owned a whole lot of Kangertech tanks, although I have moved on to using Kayfuns and Russians primarily now. I have also owned Joyetech and Aspire tanks, but neither of those brands ever held up, or performed as well as the Kanger products did for me. Your mileage may vary though, depending on your expectations and how things work for you.

Ultimately, if you choose to go with something like a Kanger tank and the iStick 30, then you will have a setup that can be used today and will still have room to grow with you tomorrow for only slightly more than the Ego One (if you shop around, maybe even less).

Good luck with your search, I hope this helps.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You said you want more flavor,throat hit,decent cloud...
I always suggest the same things for newbies......
Lets start with juice
If you want more vapor,you have to have more VG...i will suggest a 50/50pg juice 12 mg from ITC VAPES...
NOW TANKS,
the subtank mini,nano are designed for newbies like yourself,the mini comes with a 1.2 ohm coil and a .5 and rba which I know for a fact ur not ready....
REGULATED BOX MOD!
like what others suggested get a eleaf 30watts...with a 1.2 coil I will suggest to vape it around 15 watts halfway close the airflow of the tank to get maximum throat hit/flavor and vapor....
For one stop shop visit
VAPORDNA.COM
Vaporbeast.com
101vape.com
Originvape.com
Madvapes.com
Vapesourcela.com
Vapenw.com
EBAY.COM
Vapenw most of the time have the lowest prices... Good luck
BIGBOYVAPER

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hi @Kiicki

I can't tell you what mod to buy, and I am not a "cloud chaser" either. I got into vaping for the same reasons you are, although I had a couple more decades of it behind me. I went through a LOT of trial and error, and a LOT of $$$$ trying to figure out what would work for me. If you are serious about quitting, then I would actually recommend buying a more advanced mod (you don't necessarily have to spend a lot).

The reason for buying something more advance is that you can always adjust it down to meet your requirements, and it will have enough capability to grow with you as your requirements change. I went the other route, and bought a cigalike, when that didn't work, I stepped up to an ego style, when that didn't work, I went to variable voltage, and when that didn't work ... do you see the pattern here? You can save yourself a lot of heartache and money buying something advanced now and tuning it down for your personal usage patterns. The style of mod is going to be personal preference, you have to decide if you prefer a "tube" style mod, a "box" style mod, or something more unique in shape.

For a "new vaper", I would recommend looking at the iStick 30 watt mod, it runs about $35-$40 and comes with everything you need but a tank. It is a "box" style mod by definition, but it has rounded edges, it's pretty small and compact, gets some pretty good reviews, has good bang for the buck, and a pretty nice feature set that is easy enough for a beginner to use. *DISCLAIMER* I have not actually used one of these, but I did own it's predecessor for a time and it worked well for what I needed then. I gave it to a friend, and she is still using it today.

Now lets talk tanks. There are a TON of them on the market, and I have not tried many of them at all. I can tell you that the Aspire Atlantis, Kangertech SubTank Mini, and the Joyetech Delta II all get pretty good reviews, and have the capability of doing sub-ohm and more traditional higher ohm vaping. I think that most of the the current lineups have both sub-ohm (.5) and standard ohm (1.2) coils, so you can try one and if you don't like it, change the coil. They also have a rebuildable deck if you decide you want to try your hand at rebuilding. Depending on the tank, it may come with the deck or it may cost $10 or so to buy it as an add on.

From a personal point of view, Kangertech tanks always worked well and held up to the abuse I put them through when I was using tanks. At one point I owned a whole lot of Kangertech tanks, although I have moved on to using Kayfuns and Russians primarily now. I have also owned Joyetech and Aspire tanks, but neither of those brands ever held up, or performed as well as the Kanger products did for me. Your mileage may vary though, depending on your expectations and how things work for you.

Ultimately, if you choose to go with something like a Kanger tank and the iStick 30, then you will have a setup that can be used today and will still have room to grow with you tomorrow for only slightly more than the Ego One (if you shop around, maybe even less).

Good luck with your search, I hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply! For me it doesn't matter if I use a box mod or a Ego style mod. as long it will perform, I'm happy. But I don't want something tall, so it could brake when I have it in my pocket. Box mods are just wider, and not taller. In most cases, actually smaller.

So you would recommend me to buy iStick 30 mod? I see that this mod has the same mAh as the Ego One battery.
How does the istick perform better then the Ego style mod? I don't have much clue on how this works, and what to look for in a battary.
I always thought that the best battery was based on the mAh.

So, if I would buy everything in parts, I would need: Mod, Drip tip, and a tank. is there something else I should buy?
besides the E-juice? And the coil, but I'm not sure if that's something that comes with the tank or something.
I have actually no clue, even tho I have been trying to find answers.
I can't find anything on youtube, and no articles on google. Most of the forums are also small and this is maybe the fifth forum I have been trying.

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use a zenith v2 on panzer mech wicked flavour and good cloud but the missus got a istick and a subtank nano an she loves it. I had a go myself on her setup and to be fair good flavour decent amount of cloud and really good throat hit highly recommend it.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the reply! For me it doesn't matter if I use a box mod or a Ego style mod. as long it will perform, I'm happy. But I don't want something tall, so it could brake when I have it in my pocket. Box mods are just wider, and not taller. In most cases, actually smaller.

So you would recommend me to buy iStick 30 mod? I see that this mod has the same mAh as the Ego One battery.
How does the istick perform better then the Ego style mod? I don't have much clue on how this works, and what to look for in a battary.

So, if I would buy everything in parts, I would need: Mod, Drip tip, and a tank. is there something else I should buy?
besides the E-juice? And the coil, but I'm not sure if that's something that comes with the tank or something.
I can't find anything on youtube, and no articles on google. Most of the forums are also small and this is maybe the fifth forum I have been trying.
The subtank comes with a dript tip, and coil heads....1.2 and .5...
The eleaf has built in 2200mah battery for days and it charges really fast!!
Like what I suggested sites before they all have it there, or go to a vape shops,they have combo packs...

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The mod is short yes, but the tank will make up for it, that's not the subtank mini BTW
BIGBOYVAPER

Attachments

• WP_20150413_001.jpg
    WP_20150413_001.jpg
    589.6 KB · Views: 20
  • WP_20150413_002.jpg
    WP_20150413_002.jpg
    450.4 KB · Views: 19
  • WP_20150413_003.jpg
    WP_20150413_003.jpg
    675.4 KB · Views: 19

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media

The iStick performs differently than the Ego One because it has an adjustable wattage capability and you can set it between 7-30 watts. This allows you to adjust the mod for more or less power to find the best settings for your tastes.

I hate to use general rules, but sometimes it's necessary, so as a "general rule" the higher your wattage the hotter the vape, and the lower the wattage, the cooler the vape. this also has a big impact on things like flavor and throat hit. Not enough throat hit, try turning up the wattage, too much throat hit, try turning it down.

As for buying everything in parts, that is why I recommended the iStick kit, it comes with the mod (the battery is built in), the usb charger cable, and an Ego adapter (in case you need it for your tanks). Not many tanks seem to use the ego threading anymore, but it can't hurt to have the adapter on hand. Then you need to buy a tank and some juice. That's it, minimal investment, ease of use, small size (it is shorter than the ego one), lots of performance, and really cost effective giving you lots of bang for the buck.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Just for an example, if you order it from Mount Baker Vapor, this is what it will cost without a discount coupon code:

eleaf iStick: $34.49
Kanger Mini Subtank: $32.99
Juice: Free Sample with every order
Shipping: Free

Total: $67.48

You can get the cost even lower if you use a discount code, I think they can be found on Vapingcheap or ECF, possibly other places too.
Hope this helps!

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I'm probably in the wrong place, since this is a site for cloud chasers, but I was hoping you could help me.
I'm just trying to quit smoking and have been using a 2 year old Ego that I found in my house. I started few days ago.

I don't feel enough throat hit, and the flavour is almost non. the vape that is coming out is not that impressive either.
I need something with throat hit, good amount of vape coming out (Not like cloud chasing)
and good flavour.

I have been thinkng of buying a ''Ego One'' but the tank is so small, and people say it's hard to see how much there is left, but they do have a good battery for something so small. I'm looking for something that is portable, and won't brake if I have it in my pocket when traveling.

So maybe I shouldn't buy it because of the tank, but besides the tank, the Ego One looks pretty good.

I'm up for to mod it, if I have too. My budget would be something around what a Ego One costs.

Right now the juice I use is 80% PG so I can get good flavour and throat hit, but it doesn't do that, since my Vapor is bad. I need a uprade. The reason why I don't get that much of Vapor that I would hope is probably because of the high PG, but still. It should produce a bit more.

I have been smoking for 10 years and I want to quit. Need something with flavour, strong throat hit and a bit vapor!
Hi @Kiicki ... Let me start by saying the Vaping Underground is for ALL Vapers. Not just cloud chasers. Feel free to roam around the other areas.
My advice to you would be an iStick 20 or 50w, or an MVP20w... and for the tank... Nautilus, nautilus mini, or Aspire Atlantis. These combos would give you the best wattage options and are very portable.

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You said you want more flavor,throat hit,decent cloud...
I always suggest the same things for newbies......
Lets start with juice
If you want more vapor,you have to have more VG...i will suggest a 50/50pg juice 12 mg from ITC VAPES...
NOW TANKS,
the subtank mini,nano are designed for newbies like yourself,the mini comes with a 1.2 ohm coil and a .5 and rba which I know for a fact ur not ready....
REGULATED BOX MOD!
like what others suggested get a eleaf 30watts...with a 1.2 coil I will suggest to vape it around 15 watts halfway close the airflow of the tank to get maximum throat hit/flavor and vapor....
For one stop shop visit
VAPORDNA.COM
Vaporbeast.com
101vape.com
Originvape.com
Madvapes.com
Vapesourcela.com
Vapenw.com
EBAY.COM
Vapenw most of the time have the lowest prices... Good luck
BIGBOYVAPER
Thanks for reply! Will it work with the 50watt from iStick? I know I probably not going to need the 50watt but the charger is placed on the side, and not under like the 30watt is. I prefer to have a charger that is on the side of the mod.

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I use a zenith v2 on panzer mech wicked flavour and good cloud but the missus got a istick and a subtank nano an she loves it. I had a go myself on her setup and to be fair good flavour decent amount of cloud and really good throat hit highly recommend it.
Thanks! I'm convinced that the iStick should be my next mod! One question. I have seen many famous vapers that uses a ego type mod. not like a box. I just wonder why they don't use a box shape if the box mod gives more power?

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just for an example, if you order it from Mount Baker Vapor, this is what it will cost without a discount coupon code:

eleaf iStick: $34.49
Kanger Mini Subtank: $32.99
Juice: Free Sample with every order
Shipping: Free

Total: $67.48

You can get the cost even lower if you use a discount code, I think they can be found on Vapingcheap or ECF, possibly other places too.
Hope this helps!
Thanks! Can't wait. I think I will go for the 50watt iStick just because of the charger port on the side. It could be good also in the long run. 20 dollars more expensive, but I think I will manage.

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hi @Kiicki ... Let me start by saying the Vaping Underground is for ALL Vapers. Not just cloud chasers. Feel free to roam around the other areas.
My advice to you would be an iStick 20 or 50w, or an MVP20w... and for the tank... Nautilus, nautilus mini, or Aspire Atlantis. These combos would give you the best wattage options and are very portable.
Yes, I will probably go with 50watt iStick just because of the charger port on the side. But can you tell me why box mod is better then ego type mods? I guess box should be better because they are bigger, but I have seen more famouse cloud chasers using a ego type mod and not a box. I'm not in for the cloud chasing, but I thought that clouds chasers would need power from the mod to take it to the next level.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Yes, I will probably go with 50watt iStick just because of the charger port on the side. But can you tell me why box mod is better then ego type mods? I guess box should be better because they are bigger, but I have seen more famouse cloud chasers using a ego type mod and not a box. I'm not in for the cloud chasing, but I thought that clouds chasers would need power from the mod to take it to the next level.
The iStick is extremely user friendly without the bulk of a full size box. It has variable wattage and "smart" voltage. Meaning the mod will not let you set a voltage that is too low for the ohm coil you are using.

The "Ego" type mods you see cloud chasers using are not Ego's at all. They are mechanical mods. Mechanical mods are very dangerous if not used properly. There is no chip to protect you from blowing it up.... They are simply a metal pipe that has a battery in it with an atty/tank on top.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Thanks! I'm convinced that the iStick should be my next mod! One question. I have seen many famous vapers that uses a ego type mod. not like a box. I just wonder why they don't use a box shape if the box mod gives more power?
It is a matter of personal preference in many cases. It took me a while to get used to something other than a tube style mod. Also, many mechanical mods are tubes because they are just a way to get the current from the battery to the atomizer.

The mods that boost power like we have today are "relatively" new. The technology continues to develop and get more powerful as vaping evolves. I suspect over the next few years we will see a LOT of new capabilities and innovating ways to build a mod.

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The iStick is extremely user friendly without the bulk of a full size box. It has variable wattage and "smart" voltage. Meaning the mod will not let you set a voltage that is too low for the ohm coil you are using.

The "Ego" type mods you see cloud chasers using are not Ego's at all. They are mechanical mods. Mechanical mods are very dangerous if not used properly. There is no chip to protect you from blowing it up.... They are simply a metal pipe that has a battery in it with an atty/tank on top.
I love my pipe with a battery in it lol simplicity.

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Thanks! I'm slowly learning about vaping. Been smokefree for 4 days using a Ego without nicotine. Even tho nicotine isn't dangerous I still want to do it the hard way. Can't wait for the iStick to come in the mail. Just need to research some more on what kind of a tank I want.

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fair play for doing your research and not rushing into it there's a lot of choices now and alot of variety.when I started vaping there wasn't so much.iv got 12 mods now 8 rdas and 5 tanks loadsa batteries chargers ohm metres Kanthal different types cotton and tools its really easy to get carried away but it beats smoking and I was an alcoholic a year ago and focusing on vapin keeps me away from the drink so I'm happy. Have fun with your new found hobby.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I am not a cloud chaser either.

I actually have one of the eGo one tanks and I really like the little bugger.

Which is why I just ordered 20 ea 0.50 ohm heads for it and I am waiting to the RBA head to be available.

Sure its a bit of a PITA to fill but it is great for smaller mods like my Sigelei 30watt mini.

If you put the 1.1 head in it, you will get plenty of TH with your 80/20 liquids.

The 0.50 head is more suited to clouds and lung hits.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good choice for a mod, that 50 watt will last you dayssssssssssss remember that the mod will fire .2ohm coil,since you bought a amid that is capable and safe, I suggest check the arctic tank, it vapes from 20 watts on .5 ohm coil, flavor,vapor is excellent, I don't own one,but I recommend it to my house mate and she loves it very much...
BIGBOYVAPER

Attachments

• V__77B2.jpg
    V__77B2.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 13

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good choice for a mod, that 50 watt will last you dayssssssssssss remember that the mod will fire .2ohm coil,since you bought a amid that is capable and safe, I suggest check the arctic tank, it vapes from 20 watts on .5 ohm coil, flavor,vapor is excellent, I don't own one,but I recommend it to my house mate and she loves it very much...
BIGBOYVAPER

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
BIGBOYVAPER
Yeah, I've heard great things about the Arctic too. The only reason I did not put it on my list of recommendations for the OP is because it is a new product and parts/coils availability is yet to be determined. The local shops around here all have the tanks, but no one can seem to get any coils. It doesn't matter how good it is if you don't have a coil to use it. The big 3 have been around a while and parts/coils are pretty available almost anywhere.

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I thought that the only think I needed was the battery, tank and the E-juice. What is coil? Where should that be placed?

EDIT: I thought you only needed coil if you wanted to build a clouse chaser vapor without a tank.
Do I need a coil if I want a tank?

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I thought that the only think I needed was the battery, tank and the E-juice. What is coil? Where should that be placed?

EDIT: I thought you only needed coil if you wanted to build a clouse chaser vapor without a tank.
A coil needed to burn the juice, drippers build their own coil according to their own liking and safety, this for advance vapers only.. the subtank has coil heads that comes with the tank, it comes with 2 different ohms, a .5 and 1.2 ohms, there's directions in the package if u buy the subtank.... Don't confuse ur self....
This all u need.......
Mod/eleaf 50 watts..
Tank/subtank mini
Juice

The coil heads that comes with the subtank will eventually die on you, the kanger coil heads are easy to find..
You already purchased the MOD
Buy a the subtank mini and juice...

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

All tanks, atty's require a coil. Some you make yourself, some are store bought.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Kiicki ....Welcome to VU....it's nice to say hi to someone with out the whole "I just really wanna blow big clouds" routine...VU isn't just for cloud chasers, that's just what the cloud chasers want you to think :) All who want to vape are welcome as far as I know and you've come to the right place and asked the right questions to get you started on your journey....

For once I am not going to go on one of my normal ramblings because the people in this thread have given you some good advice and options...being new I would stick with the The Aspire Nautilus or Atlantis, or one of the Kanger Subtanks in the size you think will suit you best. I say this because you'll need to eventually replace the coil in the tank sooner or later and replacements are easy to get ahold of at a reasonable price, especially online...and who doesn't love buying things that magically just show up at your door a couple days later? It's like Christmas year round but you know you'll love the present :)

Best of luck to you and happy Vaping!

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@Kiicki ....Welcome to VU....it's nice to say hi to someone with out the whole "I just really wanna blow big clouds" routine...VU isn't just for cloud chasers, that's just what the cloud chasers want you to think :) All who want to vape are welcome as far as I know and you've come to the right place and asked the right questions to get you started on your journey....

For once I am not going to go on one of my normal ramblings because the people in this thread have given you some good advice and options...being new I would stick with the The Aspire Nautilus or Atlantis, or one of the Kanger Subtanks in the size you think will suit you best. I say this because you'll need to eventually replace the coil in the tank sooner or later and replacements are easy to get ahold of at a reasonable price, especially online...and who doesn't love buying things that magically just show up at your door a couple days later? It's like Christmas year round but you know you'll love the present :)

Best of luck to you and happy Vaping!
How do I know when I need to buy a new coil? How long does one last? I'm not sure what size I need. I'm mouth to lung hitter.

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
A coil needed to burn the juice, drippers build their own coil according to their own liking and safety, this for advance vapers only.. the subtank has coil heads that comes with the tank, it comes with 2 different ohms, a .5 and 1.2 ohms, there's directions in the package if u buy the subtank.... Don't confuse ur self....
This all u need.......
Mod/eleaf 50 watts..
Tank/subtank mini
Juice

The coil heads that comes with the subtank will eventually die on you, the kanger coil heads are easy to find..
You already purchased the MOD
Buy a the subtank mini and juice...
How long does the coil last? Do you only get one coil per tank you buy?

Prsurf2k

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
With most tanks you ususally get two coils one already installed and one in the box. The coils are usually of two different Ohm ratings. The Kanger subtank mini comes with one .5 coil and one 1.2 coil and also a rebuildable coil head where you put your own built coil in . and you have to wick yourself. That being said the Aspire atlantis also now has a rebuildable coil head. I found myself using the 1.2 coils in my subtank mini the coils last me around 10-14 days depending on the juice in the tank and, I have 2 of those tanks so I can vary what juice I wanna vape. i will post some links for where i buy coils and other stuff.
http://www.vapesupersaver.com/occ-coils-cotten-coils-genuine-authentic-kangertech/

http://www.vapesupersaver.com/ here is their current deals.

and here are their kit deals. http://www.vapesupersaver.com/specials/
I am not in anyway affiliated with vapesupersaver, they just have some of the best deals right now and great customer service.
Please feel free to follow their forum posts on

http://vapingunderground.com/thread...ree-shipping-on-15-orders-subtank-sale.53568/

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
With most tanks you ususally get two coils one already installed and one in the box. The coils are usually of two different Ohm ratings. The Kanger subtank mini comes with one .5 coil and one 1.2 coil and also a rebuildable coil head where you put your own built coil in . and you have to wick yourself. That being said the Aspire atlantis also now has a rebuildable coil head. I found myself using the 1.2 coils in my subtank mini the coils last me around 10-14 days depending on the juice in the tank and, I have 2 of those tanks so I can vary what juice I wanna vape. i will post some links for where i buy coils and other stuff.
http://www.vapesupersaver.com/occ-coils-cotten-coils-genuine-authentic-kangertech/

http://www.vapesupersaver.com/ here is their current deals.

and here are their kit deals. http://www.vapesupersaver.com/specials/
I am not in anyway affiliated with vapesupersaver, they just have some of the best deals right now and great customer service.
Please feel free to follow their forum posts on

http://vapingunderground.com/thread...ree-shipping-on-15-orders-subtank-sale.53568/
The tank I'm probably going to buy is the ''Aspire Nautilus'' or the ''Aspire Nautilus Mini''
I haven't decided yet. both of them got great reviews. I see that the coils is pretty expensive. didn't know it costs that much.
I saw that 10 coils was around 36 dollars. How long do you think they will last? I'm going to use a juice with PG 60-80% and I vape a lot everyday.
I'm not sure if that information will help you but that's all I got.

I think I want to buy the ''Aspire Nautilus mini'' since the vape is already getting a bit big with my iStick 50 watt.
I want to have it in my pocket without it breaking.

Prsurf2k

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Here's the cheapest i found the Mini Nautilus
http://101vape.com/clearomizers-glassomizers/360-genuine-aspire-nautilus-mini.html this site also sells the coils at 12.99 but sold out atm.

or here http://sweet-vapes.com/clearomizers...ire/aspire-nautilus/aspire-nautilus-mini.html for 23.99
http://sweet-vapes.com/clearomizers-cartomizers-tanks/aspire/aspire-coils/aspire-bvc-coils.html and the 5 pk coils for 10.75. The coils for the nautilus mini I really can't say how long they will last for you, since I never had the mini or the regular size nautilus.

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Here's the cheapest i found the Mini Nautilus
http://101vape.com/clearomizers-glassomizers/360-genuine-aspire-nautilus-mini.html this site also sells the coils at 12.99 but sold out atm.

or here http://sweet-vapes.com/clearomizers...ire/aspire-nautilus/aspire-nautilus-mini.html for 23.99
http://sweet-vapes.com/clearomizers-cartomizers-tanks/aspire/aspire-coils/aspire-bvc-coils.html and the 5 pk coils for 10.75. The coils for the nautilus mini I really can't say how long they will last for you, since I never had the mini or the regular size nautilus.
Thanks, much appreciated!

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Granted I don't use it for my all day vape anymore, but my nautilus with the new BVC heads, which are the ones you want, last me two to three weeks on average....figure you get at least a week or two on average using them all day I reckon....sometimes you get bad coil in the pack that only lasts a couple days, sometimes you get a supercoil in there that will last a month....it's the luck of the draw my friend. You have to play the law of averages when it comes to factory made coils :)

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Granted I don't use it for my all day vape anymore, but my nautilus with the new BVC heads, which are the ones you want, last me two to three weeks on average....figure you get at least a week or two on average using them all day I reckon....sometimes you get bad coil in the pack that only lasts a couple days, sometimes you get a supercoil in there that will last a month....it's the luck of the draw my friend. You have to play the law of averages when it comes to factory made coils :)
Thanks. i just read something about maybe a tank or a coil have a limit of watt. Like it only handles 10 or 20 watt. What will happen if I try 50 watt with the Aspire nautilus tank? I'm pretty sure I don't need to use 50 watt, or 30 watt for that matter. But I'm gonna buy the 50 watt just because it got a charger on the side.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Thanks. i just read something about maybe a tank or a coil have a limit of watt. Like it only handles 10 or 20 watt. What will happen if I try 50 watt with the Aspire nautilus tank? I'm pretty sure I don't need to use 50 watt, or 30 watt for that matter. But I'm gonna buy the 50 watt just because it got a charger on the side.
If you try it at 50 watts, several things *could* happen. First, you will likely get burnt juice and/or dry hits because it is burning too hot (depending on the coil ohms). Second, you will likely burn your wicking (if using a cotton wicked coil), and should change your coil and juice. Once the wick burns, it contaminates the flavor of the juice and it will taste awful until you clean the tank and replace the wick/coil. This can get expensive quick at $2-$3 per coil. Third, your coil may pop, or burn itself out and need to be replaced.

Another reasonable place for vape gear is http://www.discountvapers.com/aspire-nautilus-2/ (This is the link to their Nautilus coils). Eric over there will try to price match if you find a cheaper price, you just have to ask him. He responds to email very quickly, and ships even faster. I have bought a lot of stuff from him in the past, not a single complaint. I got a full box of "dud" coils from him (rare, but it does happen), and he replaced them immediately with no questions asked.

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If you try it at 50 watts, several things *could* happen. First, you will likely get burnt juice and/or dry hits because it is burning too hot (depending on the coil ohms). Second, you will likely burn your wicking (if using a cotton wicked coil), and should change your coil and juice. Once the wick burns, it contaminates the flavor of the juice and it will taste awful until you clean the tank and replace the wick/coil. This can get expensive quick at $2-$3 per coil. Third, your coil may pop, or burn itself out and need to be replaced.

Another reasonable place for vape gear is http://www.discountvapers.com/aspire-nautilus-2/ (This is the link to their Nautilus coils). Eric over there will try to price match if you find a cheaper price, you just have to ask him. He responds to email very quickly, and ships even faster. I have bought a lot of stuff from him in the past, not a single complaint. I got a full box of "dud" coils from him (rare, but it does happen), and he replaced them immediately with no questions asked.
Thank you. maybe I will just buy the 30watt from iStick. Only reason I wanted the 50 watt was because of the charger on the side. Do you know if the 30 watt version will last a whole day? At least around 18 hours. Maybe I don't even need 30 watt but the 30 watt version has better battery capavity then the 10 and the 20 watt version.

EDIT: What kind of a iStick do you think I need? I'm going to use the aspire nautilus tank. Maybe the mini version. the 50 watt iStick has good battery capacity, but I'm not going to use the 50 watt anyway and it's more expensive. The 10 watt version could be good, but I don't know if the battery will last all day. What would be perfect for me, considering the price, watt and the battery capacity.
I need something that will last all day. I don't know how many watts I'm going to need. Maybe 10 watt for a tank like that? And if a 20 watt will work all day, then I don't want to spend like 20 more dollars on a 50 watt if I'm not going to use the 50 watt.

Last edited:

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
I would not go with a 20 watt anything at this point (except maybe a collector's item). Battery performance and life is only nominally better between 20 and 30 watt mods, so it really isn't worth it UNLESS a $5 or $10 additional cost is a serious factor. If you can afford the iStick 50, I think it would be the better choice, especially if you are worried about battery life, it has DOUBLE (4400 mah vs. 2200 mah) the capacity of the iStick 30. bIf you can't afford to spend that much, then the iStick 30 would very likely be the next best bet for the price.

The problems with over powering coils can happen with ANY mod, not just the 50 watt mods. I've blown coils on an 11watt eVic, it isn't hard to do. I should also have clarified that a quick hit or two at 50 watts on a coil isn't necessarily going to be a problem if you catch it quick enough, usually only one or two hits isn't too bad on the coil or the juice. More than one or two hits though, and your chances go up exponentially.

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I would not go with a 20 watt anything at this point (except maybe a collector's item). Battery performance and life is only nominally better between 20 and 30 watt mods, so it really isn't worth it UNLESS a $5 or $10 additional cost is a serious factor. If you can afford the iStick 50, I think it would be the better choice, especially if you are worried about battery life, it has DOUBLE (4400 mah vs. 2200 mah) the capacity of the iStick 30. bIf you can't afford to spend that much, then the iStick 30 would very likely be the next best bet for the price.

The problems with over powering coils can happen with ANY mod, not just the 50 watt mods. I've blown coils on an 11watt eVic, it isn't hard to do. I should also have clarified that a quick hit or two at 50 watts on a coil isn't necessarily going to be a problem if you catch it quick enough, usually only one or two hits isn't too bad on the coil or the juice. More than one or two hits though, and your chances go up exponentially.
Thanks, I made a edit on my last reply. Yes, the 30 watt looks pretty good. But I haven't owned anything like that before, so I'm not sure if 2200 mAh will last a day. If it can last all day, then I will buy the 30 watt version. No point for me to buy the 50 watt if I'm not going to use that many watts. And ofcourse if the 30 watt will last a day, than the 30 watt would be perfect. Buying the 50 watt version would be like throwing away money if the 30 watt version could last a day.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Thanks, I made a edit on my last reply. Yes, the 30 watt looks pretty good. But I haven't owned anything like that before, so I'm not sure if 2200 mAh will last a day. If it can last all day, then I will buy the 30 watt version. No point for me to buy the 50 watt if I'm not going to use that many watts. And ofcourse if the 30 watt will last a day, than the 30 watt would be perfect. Buying the 50 watt version would be like throwing away money if the 30 watt version could last a day.
How long it lasts is going to depend on your vaping habits. I have a friend who doesn't vape too much with the iStick 30, and she only gets through 3/4 of the day. I have another who vapes quite a bit more, and it only lasts him half a day or less. 2200 mah isn't really that much, but it does have a pass through so you can keep using it while it's charging. You won't really know how long the charge lasts, until you get one.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Bud, I would just spend the couple extra bucks and go with the 50 watt Istick....more versatile and more battery life at lower wattages....and if you decide that you want something more than a Nautilus down the road you already have the power to drive it at whatever you feel comfortable with that satisfies you now or later. A nautilus BVC coil regardless of the resistance it says is usually off by .1 or .2. for example I always buy the 1.6 ohm heads and they always read at 1.8 on my old Provari 2.5 I use them on and it's an accurate device. Those coils don't really like to be pushed past 17 watts in my opinion...you could push them to 20 but once you burn the filler material in them you'll never get the burned taste out even if the coil it's self was otherwise good. I would start at about 10 watts and turn the wattage up a little at a time and each time taste it and when it's where you want it to taste/vape then that would be your setting. Like myself for example....Even though I have drippers I vape at 50-60 watts daily I like my Nautilus set between 12 and 13 watts. It makes plenty of vapor for me at that setting and I am happy with the throat hit and taste. You don't have to crack up a coil always to have a good vape....by the same token I suggest you buy the 50 watt Istick so if in the future you want to crank up a subohm tank like the Atlantis you always have plenty of mod and are ready for it saving you some cash in the long run....trust me, I've spent a lot of money because something worked me one week and wasn't enough the next...better to just skip to the second step and be good to go.

Discount Vapor's is a great place to shop, shopped there for years and can vouch for them as well. Surevapes is another great site to buy Nautilus coils as well if DV or 101vapes is out. they're 14.99 a pack at Surevapes and that site has free shipping on any order over ten bucks and anymore most sites don't offer free shipping till you've spent at least 35 or 40 so I shop there whenever I can. They are also a great site I can vouch for...I've bought a lot of Boge cartos from them over the last couple years and they ship quick enough that you don't have to worry about when you're getting your stuff.

You're doing the right thing by asking all these questions...I remember when I first started vaping I watched every vaping video, read every vaping blog and every post on "the other forum that shall not be named" trying to learn everything I could without asking a question at a vape shop or posting on the forum because I was self conscious and was scared of being antagonized for asking a dumb question. In reality...if I would have spoke up a little more I could have saved myself several headaches and a fair chunk of cash :)

If you're not sure on anything else then please ask away, we're all here to help you not only make the right choice for what you need now, but what will keep you happy awhile down the road. :)

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
@Kiicki Like I said in my first post, I can't tell you what mod to buy that will be best for you, but I am in agreement with what @madmonkey said. After all the questions and answers, it really sounds like the iStick 50 watt is the mod you should consider. I think you will be happy with it more than any of the other options in your price range.

I'm personally not a huge fan of the Nautilus, the one I owned had too many problems and the coils were crappy. I could never get more than 2 or 3 days of life out of them when my Kanger coils lasted 2-3 weeks. Personally, I would start with a Subtank Mini and use the 1.2 ohm coils. No reason to use the .5 ohms until you are ready, in fact I would not recommend them until you have gone through a couple boxes of the higher ohm coils and learned how to use the iStick. Here is one of the best deals going right now http://www.vapesupersaver.com/subtank-mini-an-eleaf-istick-50w-full-kit/ ... The complete kit is $74.99 and all you have to add is your favorite juice. I would also highly recommend picking up 1 or 2 boxes of spare coils though, so that you have them on hand.

As for suppliers, you can safely go with any of the shops already listed in this thread. If you aren't comfortable with them, or find a cheaper price somewhere else, then you can also go through the reviews in the forums here or over on ECF and see what people say about them. I would stay away from Fast Tech, they are a supplier of very low quality, cheap and sometimes poorly made clones and counterfeits, and usually have a very long waiting time for shipping.

I hope this helps! Let us know what you end up getting. Enjoy! :D

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@DevAuto ...wow! That's a killer deal! If I could afford to splurge on new vape gear right now I'd buy it! I thought I knew all the good vape websites....thanks for showing me another place to impulse shop :D

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
@madmonkey glad to be of service. :D It is an awesome deal, but I personally don't need another mod right now, I'm already waiting on vapemail, otherwise I might just be tempted myself!

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Bud, I would just spend the couple extra bucks and go with the 50 watt Istick....more versatile and more battery life at lower wattages....and if you decide that you want something more than a Nautilus down the road you already have the power to drive it at whatever you feel comfortable with that satisfies you now or later. A nautilus BVC coil regardless of the resistance it says is usually off by .1 or .2. for example I always buy the 1.6 ohm heads and they always read at 1.8 on my old Provari 2.5 I use them on and it's an accurate device. Those coils don't really like to be pushed past 17 watts in my opinion...you could push them to 20 but once you burn the filler material in them you'll never get the burned taste out even if the coil it's self was otherwise good. I would start at about 10 watts and turn the wattage up a little at a time and each time taste it and when it's where you want it to taste/vape then that would be your setting. Like myself for example....Even though I have drippers I vape at 50-60 watts daily I like my Nautilus set between 12 and 13 watts. It makes plenty of vapor for me at that setting and I am happy with the throat hit and taste. You don't have to crack up a coil always to have a good vape....by the same token I suggest you buy the 50 watt Istick so if in the future you want to crank up a subohm tank like the Atlantis you always have plenty of mod and are ready for it saving you some cash in the long run....trust me, I've spent a lot of money because something worked me one week and wasn't enough the next...better to just skip to the second step and be good to go.

Discount Vapor's is a great place to shop, shopped there for years and can vouch for them as well. Surevapes is another great site to buy Nautilus coils as well if DV or 101vapes is out. they're 14.99 a pack at Surevapes and that site has free shipping on any order over ten bucks and anymore most sites don't offer free shipping till you've spent at least 35 or 40 so I shop there whenever I can. They are also a great site I can vouch for...I've bought a lot of Boge cartos from them over the last couple years and they ship quick enough that you don't have to worry about when you're getting your stuff.

You're doing the right thing by asking all these questions...I remember when I first started vaping I watched every vaping video, read every vaping blog and every post on "the other forum that shall not be named" trying to learn everything I could without asking a question at a vape shop or posting on the forum because I was self conscious and was scared of being antagonized for asking a dumb question. In reality...if I would have spoke up a little more I could have saved myself several headaches and a fair chunk of cash :)

If you're not sure on anything else then please ask away, we're all here to help you not only make the right choice for what you need now, but what will keep you happy awhile down the road. :)
Thanks so much! I

Thanks, I have decided to buy the iStick 50 watt and aspire Nautilus mini. If the tank gets to small I will buy the big one. I'm also buying for my parents since I want them too quit smoking.

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@Kiicki Like I said in my first post, I can't tell you what mod to buy that will be best for you, but I am in agreement with what @madmonkey said. After all the questions and answers, it really sounds like the iStick 50 watt is the mod you should consider. I think you will be happy with it more than any of the other options in your price range.

I'm personally not a huge fan of the Nautilus, the one I owned had too many problems and the coils were crappy. I could never get more than 2 or 3 days of life out of them when my Kanger coils lasted 2-3 weeks. Personally, I would start with a Subtank Mini and use the 1.2 ohm coils. No reason to use the .5 ohms until you are ready, in fact I would not recommend them until you have gone through a couple boxes of the higher ohm coils and learned how to use the iStick. Here is one of the best deals going right now http://www.vapesupersaver.com/subtank-mini-an-eleaf-istick-50w-full-kit/ ... The complete kit is $74.99 and all you have to add is your favorite juice. I would also highly recommend picking up 1 or 2 boxes of spare coils though, so that you have them on hand.

As for suppliers, you can safely go with any of the shops already listed in this thread. If you aren't comfortable with them, or find a cheaper price somewhere else, then you can also go through the reviews in the forums here or over on ECF and see what people say about them. I would stay away from Fast Tech, they are a supplier of very low quality, cheap and sometimes poorly made clones and counterfeits, and usually have a very long waiting time for shipping.

I hope this helps! Let us know what you end up getting. Enjoy! :D
Thanks, I have been considering the Subtank Mini but will start with the Aspire Nautilus and see how it goes. I've heard that the Subtank Mini produces really good vapor. I've decided to go with the iStick 50 watt and the Aspire Nautilus mini. And if the tank gets to small I will buy the bigger one.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks, I have been considering the Subtank Mini but will start with the Aspire Nautilus and see how it goes. I've heard that the Subtank Mini produces really good vapor. I've decided to go with the iStick 50 watt and the Aspire Nautilus mini. And if the tank gets to small I will buy the bigger one.
Lol just get the subtank mini, the nautilus is ok, but the st mini is a lot better, especially you have amod that is capable of power..

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Lol just get the subtank mini, the nautilus is ok, but the st mini is a lot better, especially you have amod that is capable of power..
The Subtank isn't very noob friendly I think. I've seen that you have to put som juice in to the coil or something? And that tank is probably for the people who wants some big vape cloud. I'm just in for good flaour, some clouds and throat hit. The Nautilus is a real simple tank. I will order that tank for my parents also, and they want something easy to. So it's easier for me to just order 3 Nautilus tanks from the same site, then order 2 Nautilus and 1 subtank for me.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The Subtank isn't very noob friendly I think. I've seen that you have to put som juice in to the coil or something? And that tank is probably for the people who wants some big vape cloud. I'm just in for good flaour, some clouds and throat hit. The Nautilus is a real simple tank. I will order that tank for my parents also, and they want something easy to. So it's easier for me to just order 3 Nautilus tanks from the same site, then order 2 Nautilus and 1 subtank for me.

It's a good idea to put a couple drops of juice in a nautilus coil to help prime it as well when installing a new coil and using it for the first time...the BVC heads are nice but if you fire them and they're not saturated enough you'll burn the wicking material and ruin the head. Once they're burned you'll never get that taste out. You put a drop on each of the little juice inlets on the side of the coil assembly and drop a couple drops in the top around the edges of the coil making sure you don't drip any down the center. Then you install the coil into the base, fill the tank, put it all together and let it sit upright for a bit to give the coil time to wick some more juice and saturate properly...buy dripping the bit of juice in the coil before you install it you cut down on this time greatly....then take an unpowered puff or two, you should see a few bubbles pop up,,,,then your coil is ready to vape

VU Sponsors