Become a Patron!

What was the first PRO or con you noticed when you started Vaping

Your-Daddy-Vapes-Too

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok I think the title says it all. But what I really want to know is, what was the first PRO or con you noticed when you started Vaping vs a cigarettes.

Well the first thing I noticed was a big pro. When I used to wake up I would have to have 2 or 3 cigarettes right away, and id be hacking my face for the first 1 and I wouldn't even be able to smoke the funny stuff till after my smokes, cause it would hurt my lungs to much if tried to smoke right away. Now I wake up and i can smoke funny stuff right away, no problems. i don't need to stand outside anymore for half hour smoking my face off to get my morning nic fix and clear my lungs. This is the first real thing I noticed about vaping vs them icky sticks. So what was something you noticed right away after you switched. If some of you can remember that far back haha.

Your-Daddy-Vapes-Too

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Some may say it can be expensive if you vape as a hobby, but all hobbies pretty much cost money so that really isn't a con in my books, plus if you budget your hobby right then it's still cheaper, and if you vape only to quit smoking then for sure it's cheaper. that was the only thing that I could think of that even comes close to a con, and maybe to get started might seem a bit pricey but in a short time you will begin to see saving, so again not even close to a con.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
CON-Back when I started vaping, cartomizers were the big thing and it seemed that I was constantly having to fill the suckers:(

PRO's- Sense of smell came back. My sense of taste also improved and food started tasting better. Or much worse depending on who's cooking I was eating. BIG Pro. Wife stopped bitching at me about my smoking in my den.

HUGE CON- When my sense of smell came back (took about a week) I got in my car one morning and it really reeked of smoke. Like a overfilled ashtray that had been sitting around for YEARS.:poop:

Cost me $125 to get the car detailed and the interior shampooed but it was well worth it!:stars2:

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know a con, when buying cigarettes, I didn't shop online for the newest, coolest, shiniest cigarette. (cigars is a different story) so spending a lot of money is a big con for me but then again i'm happy with all my toys. my older shelved toys that I had to have at the time are also not a good sign because the stuff I buy today will be shelved in a few years and I'll end up with a book shelf of stuff I don't use.

Your-Daddy-Vapes-Too

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I know a con, when buying cigarettes, I didn't shop online for the newest, coolest, shiniest cigarette. (cigars is a different story) so spending a lot of money is a big con for me but then again i'm happy with all my toys. my older shelved toys that I had to have at the time are also not a good sign because the stuff I buy today will be shelved in a few years and I'll end up with a book shelf of stuff I don't use.
you can always sell alot of it to newbies or someone that collects them

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Was stunned at the very first draw off of a cigalike with a carto - it was like wow "this could substitute cigarettes!"

That is exactly the same thought that I had Lucy.

A couple of months later, Kanger introduced the T-2 clearomizer (remember those ?) and I was in heaven!

spr258

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Biggest pro was the smell. Took me a couple days my wife was so happy that I didn't smell like cigarettes.

Con when first starting was trying to find my nic level. Took me a while but it was back before sub ohms coils. Just picked up vaping about 3 months ago again and it was really easy. Free juice at 6 mg and a free mod and tank and never looked back

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
1st con.
found I was allergic to something in many/most commercial ejuice.
After spending quite a little bit of money trying different ejuice found a gas station tobacco juice I could vape and it got me off of cigs.

Fixed by starting DIY within 30 days.
100% DIY ever since.

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
you can always sell alot of it to newbies or someone that collects them
that sounds like a good plan, but all I have are 11 nemesis and orchids in different configurations left. no one wants that stuff. I do have some yihi box mods I could sell. but then I have to ship blah blah. I'll post them up maybe someone wants something.

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Con... Plastic clearos = nightmare
Stick batts didn't cover it

Pros... Fiance has no more problems with high blood pressure, he can breathe better!
I can satisfy my sweet tooth with Nummy Vape Juice... so I don't look like a beached whale, just maybe a walrus :xD::xD::bliss::teehee:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
First PRO: after just 5 days of being a non-smoking vaper, I noticed that I could actually wait 5 or 10 minutes after waking to take my first hit on my rescue inhaler, instead of having to find it by feel before my eyes were open due to waking up feeling like I was drowning in my own mucus. I'll always have asthma... and some of my wheezing symptoms are actually worse... but not having that whole chestful of mucus is a REAL plus!

First serious CON: After I'd been vaping for about 6 wks, I started having swollen ankles and painfully swollen and lumpy feet. I knew it had SOMETHING to do with vaping, but it took me several months to figure what was going on, and find the way to fix it. I've suffered chronic dehydration for a very long time (decades), and vaping made it so much worse, my electrolytes went completely bananas, causing that rather serious edema. The fix was 2- or 3-fold: 1) coconut water every day; 2) decrease my caffeine intake by about 80%; 3) decrease my sodium intake by 50% or more. Between those 3 things, I've gotten my sodium/potassium balance under control, and now it stays that way. I still sometimes suffer dehydration, and lack of balance of other electrolytes (calcium and magnesium), causing occasionally-severe leg cramps, but at least I don't have cankles anymore. :)

Andria

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pros, I could breathe again. Severe coughing went away, sense of smell returned. Costs less.

Cons, when I first started it was with mtl and even though the throat hit was there, lung hit wasn't. Like drinking water when you're thirsty but spitting out, feeling like you didn't really drink it. Also not being 'done'. With a cig, you smoke and when the cig's gone you're done. There's a beginning and an end, with vaping there was no 'having a cig'. Just random puffs which took adjusting to. The plus side to that, if I just want a few hits I don't have to stop and vape a whole tank like I'd smoke a whole cig and it doesn't just burn up in an ashtray so vaping is less wasteful.

Another perk to that, if I'm heading into a store I can have a few puffs and that's it. No need to finish a cig, no need to butt it and deal with the shitty taste of relighting it or wasting the whole thing for a couple drags. Now that I've switched to direct lung inhale I get a more satisfying vape. Maybe in part to my throat being irritated from coughing and smoking. I thought it was throat hit I was missing and it turned out to be lung hit.

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
the only con i can think of is other people. i have had non-smokers, smokers and other vapers all say stupid shit to me about vaping. if i didnt vape or smoke, none of these idiots would even notice me....but here they are, all thinking that i need to hear whatever their opinion is on my choices...

centella4u

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When started vaping?
Pro - health, con - non
Now?
Pro - fun, con - expenses

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dagoroth

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
When i started vaping
Pro: Health, Don't smell like cigarettes, I vape where people can't smoke. Just hold it in lol.
Con: Expensive store juice, Coils, FDA, The hobby bug bit me!

Now?
Pro: Same pros as before, Having access to a tax ID helps a ton <3
Con: Waiting on USPS to ship me my stuff, When USPS lies about delivered goods, but it's delivered the next day, Still have the Bug where I buy everything new and shiny.

Drake m

Member For 2 Years
Pros taste smell breathing energy time happier wife and cant forget $$$ 8.60 a pack at a pack and a half + a day. $90 ish a week holly f**k thats a lot even buying juice and mods and anything else i want its not even a drop in the bucket to what i spent a month on cigs.

Cons other ppl for sure the looks i get from others and the bickering i get when the wind switches its outrageous just wana slap some ppl

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
First pro: I could quit smoking
First con: I didn't like the idea of using premade coils and had to learn to build

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The obvious pros are health issues. I enjoy not stinking. Nowadays when a smoker walks by me after smoking I'm repulsed by the odor. It pains me to think I forced that on my family, friends and colleagues. I also lost 20 lbs, but I'm now underweight at 165 and 6'1.

The main con for me is the time issue. I don't care about the money as I'm not much past what I haven't spent on cigs, but I quit for my health, not the money.

picautomaton

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Pro: no more stinky smell on hands, clothes, environment - no more shelling out cash everyday for the smokes

Con: first devices (cartos etc) didn't give adequate clouds bro :) got an Istick 30 and Lemo 2 yay upgrade. and it is an ongoing con - better devices, tanks, liquids. I've settled down now and have a vape family / liquids that are ADV and now and then I stock up juice or diy (cash low) and now, still waiting for a Therion 75C BF which will by squonking introduction with a Pulse 22 which I've been using as a dripper and like it lots.

spr258

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Another pro is not bumming a smoke to a random person/friend. I have had many people see me vaping and come up and ask for a cigarette. I wonder how many packs I gave away in my life.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Another pro is not bumming a smoke to a random person/friend. I have had many people see me vaping and come up and ask for a cigarette. I wonder how many packs I gave away in my life.

Heh, I still get that sometimes, if someone sees my vapor as I'm walking thru a parking lot... I turn around and hold up my box mod -- "does this look like a cigarette to you????" :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have a firepit, and every time I want to start a fire, I always forget that I no longer have a lighter with me at all times. I guess that's both a pro and a con!

I have that same con, no longer having a lighter always in my purse, so I can't get rid of any stray threads on my garments... On the up side, the lighters I do have at home for flaming my kanthal last a LOOOOOOOOONG time... I bought a 2pk in 2014.... the first one is still going strong. :giggle:

Andria

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
PIF all my Kangers. Do occ miss them. They hit most of my "first" milestones on my vaping journey. Would like to get one just to have it, but I know I'd pif it too. Perfect starter or transition tank IMO.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
She has her fleet and I have my car, and an old hotrod truck. My stuff is too old and noisy for her.

I have a Jeep that's a standard. The wife can drive it but doesn't like doing so. It works for me.

FoggyRoad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
First PROs discovered: rebiuldable coils and diy

First CON: weak USB connectors can turn internal battery mods into purdy paperweights

VU Sponsors