Become a Patron!

What Was Your First Ecig?

Norwood

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Other than those Blu things, my first real vaping experience was my Vision Spinner 2 with a Kanger Mini 2.

Then I realized I needed backups and it's been a journey since then!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did Blu, and would still love to find a juice that tasted like their "Java Jolt" - after that, it was an Imperial kit from eBay with an eGo batt and wickless atomizers.

Norwood

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Blu. The only thing it was good for was letting me know a proper ecig would actually help me quit smoking. Then I got an MVP2 that came with two iclear 16's. Haven't smoked since.
Yep. The Blu's made me realize that I could do it, but that wasn't the setup I needed.

I then got one of these:

which helped incredibly. Then I started getting nicer gear, backups of my backups etc....

Analog free. :)

Norwood

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
V2cigs cartos. Cant complain they did the and tasted good. The menthol did anyway.
Yeah, I smoked menthol, too.

It was actually at a client. I work in IT and was sent there to fix his computer, small accounting firm...maybe 5 people. He was sitting in his office vaping on one of those and he gave me one.

Saved my life, I believe.

Kent B Marshall

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No named cigalike. Work enough to continue on and on and on. That was 3 years ago, wow, what a difference in such a short time.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I started out with a Joyetech eRoll. To this day, I still wonder how I stuck with the very idea of vaping...

RoccoV

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Mall kiosk cigalike kit. Worked like crap but got the journey started. Enjoy the day!:cool:

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A 3-piece 510 setup of some sort, cigalike in size and with a glowing tip - I was "advanced" at that time because mine was button-fired instead of auto-draw where the batteries would constantly fire if you were outside in the wind. Quit cold turkey for 3 days on that setup, and for some reason picked up the Marlboros again (though I dabbled a while as a dual-user, teabags and blue foam and all that nonsense) and didn't set them down for another few years until I got an Ego/Evod setup and kicked the cigs for good...

UncleMike

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Started with a Vapros Vision Spinner II complete kit. Came with battery, tank, and it's own charger in a box. Even though now it seems so obsolete it easily got me off smoking cigs and started my vaping adventure. Still have it and still works fine.

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Tried blu. Lasted for less than a day and realized they were shit. Then I moved to smokeless image cigalikes. Used cartons for a little while then switched to the ce3 that was shaped like a carto. Anyone remember those? you had to fill them upside down with a syringe.

From there moved to spinners then a provari with vivi nova. Now on to temperature control devices. Still don't vape over about 18watts, but enjoying it and staying cigarette free. Been a long 4 years and it's interesting to see the technology grow.

I still swear buy cigalikes for people looking to switch from cigarettes (good ones anyway). They give the similar look and feel to smoking. I would have never switched if u handed me a box mod and giant tank first

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I did a cigalike that charged in a box that looked like a pack. I dual smoked and vapid for awhile. Then moved up to an ego and was able to only vape. I just decided $10 for a pack was too much to spend (I would like to say it was for my health but it was mostly monetary). Now the taste and smell of cigarettes is horrible. I wish I could find something that would work for my parents but they just aren't ready. Unfortunately.

Austins36

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I did a cigalike that charged in a box that looked like a pack. I dual smoked and vapid for awhile. Then moved up to an ego and was able to only vape. I just decided $10 for a pack was too much to spend (I would like to say it was for my health but it was mostly monetary). Now the taste and smell of cigarettes is horrible. I wish I could find something that would work for my parents but they just aren't ready. Unfortunately.
Damn I know what you mean my dad use to smoke cigarillos black and mild like ciggs 3 a day took awhile but now he is just doing a black mild every 2 weeks it's getting longer and longer just takes time, what I did is I begged him to vape while doing ecig with a flavor he likes a lot! Remember juice flavors can ruin vape expirences!!'

Flik Flak

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I bought a pen style 'thing' in December 2013. I lasted about 2 weeks before I went back to smoking.

This time around (Feb '15) I got an Aspire Nautilus Mini Starter Kit with CF VV+ 1000mah Battery. I don't even miss smoking now.

finelines

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Started with Mystic and went to Blu. Both didn't do it so went back to smoking. Then got an ego twist and the journey began. Over a year analog free and happy with my iStick and nauti mini!

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I did the blu to start
Blue-eroll-ego-mvp-provari-dna-mech-dna-sx350j
I rectum ^^^that timeline seems to be similar to a lot of people but for me it was following the tech line. Now I seem to be married to the sx350j and occasionally grab a mechanical to change things up a bit.

Last edited:

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My wife and I tried the blu a couple times over the last couple years, spent waaaaaay too much money on cartridges and such then realized we weren't actually smoking less, just vaping when we couldn't smoke and both just stopped using those. Then we got ourselves little Mini Protank2/spinner setups that convinced me that we could quit smoking though those were not the devices to do it with. Went from there to PT3s (better), then to a box mod with an OG subtank which was what I finally quit with! Still love my subtank.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My wife and I tried the blu a couple times over the last couple years, spent waaaaaay too much money on cartridges and such then realized we weren't actually smoking less, just vaping when we couldn't smoke and both just stopped using those. Then we got ourselves little Mini Protank2/spinner setups that convinced me that we could quit smoking though those were not the devices to do it with. Went from there to PT3s (better), then to a box mod with an OG subtank which was what I finally quit with! Still love my subtank.
LOVE my OG and Nano!!

Azrael Ibanez

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mark 10. The regular carts tasted like crap but the menthols weren't too bad.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oops im fired

Morfio

Gaming & anime watchin' lion here!
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I started with a small eGo battery and an iClear30S tank. Wasn't a bad starting setup.

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I started with an Ego-T I bought a two piece kit and an extra charger and gave the extra charger and one battery and some of the tanks to my neighbor. Within a month I wanted more so I jumped in a coop and bought a sigelei zmax and kanger tanks. Cant remember the name of them but they were the ones they came out with before the evod ones not they call them the Kanger MTS.

MacTechVpr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The Blu followed within two days by a pair of Vivi Nova mini's and eGo VV pens. Within a week to pairs of Vivi Nova's and Sigelei ZMAX VW 18650 mods followed by Kanger's and the inevitable conclusion that factory coils had too high a failure rate to ensure a reliable vape for too many of you.

I've been actively rebuilding, innovating design and teaching others ever since.

Good luck all.

:)

IMG_0805a.jpg

Last edited:

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
October 2009 I was walking through a mall and there was a Smoke 51 kiosk.. I knew I wanted to quit smoking as I had enough. Not knowing any better they roped me in. I seriously overpaid for that garbage.. If I remember correctly the dude at the kiosk told me a carto was = to 2 packs of smokes..LOL

smoke-51.jpg

About a month after constantly fighting with that pile of crap I got a another pen style, then at some point I got an OG eGO and away I went.. Shortly after that I got a Super T1 and then a Super T Super Six.. BLISS!

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Back in 2008-9? I think my first was a njoy kit I seen in skymall while on a flight. It sparked my interest enough that I paid the $99 for crap. I gave it a real go for a week and went back to smoking. It been just over a year since I've had my last Newport. My ego t and a ce4 sealed the deal and haven't looked back. Now I'm a hobbyist to the fullest extreme.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Gas station/ convienent store blister kit...then realized hey my battery is dead and i want a cig...so got another one so one could charge...Used it for about a week..the juice started to turn brown and taste like crap so had a cig...Went to a B&M to buy a tank and showed the clerk my junk..(she kinda snickered) and showed me the Kanger EVOD double starter kit...$54 dollars later i walked out of the store to find the same kit on ebay for $35.00 but that $54 dollar kit was worth every cent as thats what stayed with me for an entire year and kept me cig free..Advanced since then but even today if thats all i had it would still keep me from smoking...still have a good battery and tank from that kit as well as the chargers.

Blu. Then I got the long one I forgot what it was called. Then I got the MVP box mod, now I have the eleaf istick 30W. I'm thinking about upgrading to the KING push button one.

Firestorm

Member For 4 Years
I was going on a family trip where it was going to be difficult to smoke so I bought a V2 kit. I bought two flavors of cartomizers - one was nasty and the other had a metallic aftertaste, but they served their purpose. I used it as a novelty on an off for about five months before I decided to use it to quit smoking. I still have the batteries and some blank cartomizers and I use it a few times a year if I'm going to a concert or a game that has metal detectors and pat downs and I want to be discreet. I still think that they're nice batteries - unregulated like the mechanical mods that I use today.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
White Cloud Flings disposables. I ordered an assortment and think Bora Bora flavor was my very first puff, either 24 or 36mg strength. I knew immediately I'd never need to smoke again - loved to have the vapor without the stink, nic without ash, so realistic an experience and it tasted gooood! I ripped open all the packages to try every flavor right away, and Bora Bora remained a favorite for me. I would STILL love to duplicate that flavor in my DIY, but I've never managed to do it. (I nailed a few of their others, though, and posted them in the recipes subforum here.)

I still have tobacco-flavored Flings around (regular and Apache) to give to smokers, but I don't know many smokers any more. I even take a few with me still when I need a 0 maintenance stealth vape. Their 54mg strength (not a typo lol) knocks backs my nic cravings pretty quickly, even though it's just a low-powered disposable. I never paid full price - stocked up during good sales.

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Its funny I never realized I smelt so bad when I smoked!! Crazy. Now I can smell it a long ways off.

HealthierCigs.com

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Its funny I never realized I smelt so bad when I smoked!! Crazy. Now I can smell it a long ways off.
Yes your sense of smell comes back pretty quick after quitting......I think most people don't realize how awful they smell from smoking cigarettes. It's actually really gross I don't know how non smokers I had dated throughout my years of smoking cigarettes ever tolerated it.

Xeir

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Some cheapie no-name cigalike and pipe style back in '08 or '09. Lot of changes and better options since then.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
a black 901 with blue led. Still got a pile of never used batteries for it and a few strips to charge 10 of the 901 batteries at a time *laf*

Truly! I think the worst, though was during that time when your sense of smell comes back with a vengeance and all of the B.O. from ppl that I got to suddenly smell (even yards away from ppl if the breeze was right) *ugh*

.My first was a eGo setup I got roped into at the mall. Like a lot of people I wanted to quit smoking and didn't know the first thing about vaping. The damn thing was a piece of crap right out of the box. One of the two batteries never recharged. Then the tanks started leaking. So I went back to smoking. Later tried a blu and then a friend introduced me to proper vaping. I now have a smok pro 65w mini-box mod and an atlantis tank. I'm smoke free since the beginning of the year.

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Wow I started on a No.7 e-cig back in 09-10 and let me tell you it was the shit back then.funny a guy was selling them in a headship....later on about 3 months after that he hired me.sold the shit out of the No7 people had never seen anything like it.anyone else remember the No7s?

Swerved

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Started with an Aspire Nautilus Mini and a Kanger iPow 2 battery. Within a month and a half later, I donated the original rig to a friend of mine that wanted to quit analogs. I now am rebuilding have a couple of drippers, an iSub G, and an MVP 3.0 Pro... Can't wait to see what's next.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
A $50 Blu kit with the portable charging case. I could just about get one charged before the other died. Then ... and then ... ... .... .... .... ... ...

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've learned with preorders, if I want to refrain from driving myself nuts, preorder during weak1 if I wait till weak 2, then I'll wait for it to be in stock someplace.

VU Sponsors