Become a Patron!

What Was Your First Ecig?

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Started with an Aspire Nautilus Mini and a Kanger iPow 2 battery. Within a month and a half later, I donated the original rig to a friend of mine that wanted to quit analogs. I now am rebuilding have a couple of drippers, an iSub G, and an MVP 3.0 Pro... Can't wait to see what's next.

You jumped in with both feet, good for you. If you would have handed me that setup when I started, I'd still be on analogs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Swerved

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You jumped in with both feet, good for you. If you would have handed me that setup when I started, I'd still be on analogs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, I wanted something I could adjust for my taste, that was the key for me. It was a new toy for me as much as anything. I love to tinker with things and that provided me a good start. Being able to adjust airflow, wattage, etc. got me interested in flavor and RDA's and I'm full on with that now. I only have a tank on my mod now when I'm out and about, other than that I'm always on one of the RDAs. The biggest problem I have now is I spend more time (and juice) building coils and testing them out than I do actually sitting down and enjoying the thing.. lol

I'm gradually starting to figure out what works best on my setup now though.

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine was a CIG alike called Liberty Flights. I was so ready to quit smoking That's I bought a dual battery pack and 15 per filled cartridges for about $140.00. The batteries were 120 mah each and the cartridges were supposed to be about a pack of cigarettes each. That was about 6 years ago or so. They sucked and it was very frustrating but at that time that's all there was but it was enough to keep me trying. Thank God for unregulated innovations.

Yiffel

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
my first vape was a kanger Evod my friend bought in a pack of 2 and I got one of them. first juice i used was Mad hatter which I still really like!

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Volcano Ecig. Ego style with some horrible juice, but it did the trick.

Het

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I tried the Blues a couple times, then bought one of the Blue kits with the batteries and stuff. It never worked right. I'd get maybe ten puffs, then it would die. I went to the local B&M store, and the salesdude talked me into a 2 pack of evods. They were a pain in the ass more than anything. I had to pry the battery doohickey up to make contact every time I filled it with juice. I then bought an emow, which was a few steps up. I checked out a couple of forums, and my next purchase was an mvp 20 and a Nautilus tank. From there, I discovered the isticks, and now have the 20, a 30, and a 50 watter. Running a Lemo and a Subtank, and still using a couple Nautilus tanks. I also started mixing my own juices. Haven't had a cigarette since Jan 4th, 2015

TruSound

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My first was a GreenSmoke cigalike almost 4 years ago, it was $100...I can't say anything bad about it, the day it arrived I ended a 35+ year 1.5 pack a day habit.

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My first time was with a Nautilus Mini on an iStick 30w. My wife has that now as small clearos are all she likes.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The red ones in the front were my first and as newer things started coming out you can see how the collection and times changed, I think they were volcano's
IMG_0792_zps16e96e27.jpg

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The red ones in the front were my first and as newer things started coming out you can see how the collection and times changed, I think they were volcano's
IMG_0792_zps16e96e27.jpg
Pretty looking pipe bomb laying horizontal across the top Whiskey. I'm sure you have it vented and safe, is just the caps on the end, it actually looks like a decorated pipe bomb.... lol

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is one of Fsors copper mods (he only made one of those particular ones for me) I did it up steampunk, Its the Victorian lady
(yes its DEF vented)

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The little silver one in directly behind the black penstyle is a chameleon, from Ikenvave, not sure if you remember that vendor or those dayzzz

I had nearly forgotten, but I got a ecig from China from a cheap discount wholesale by the piece site. Aliexpress, I think. It was a fun little ride. I had the cartomizers that you attached to the end of the "cig stick" that LOOKED like a cigarette, but the end glowed (red?) I think.

Buying a more permanent set before Wednesday and quitting the analogs. That will be LIKELY a first PERMANENT one.

philup23

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My friend knew I was trying to quit smoking and bought me a Blu ecig. It did not work. I still felt the need to smoke a cigarette and did not feel like my nicotine craving was satisfied. Fast forward 2 years, my coworker's son started making ejuice and helped his mom quit by giving her a couple vaporizers. She let me try it and the amount of vapor intake was satisfying unlike the Blu. Contacted him and asked him what would be a decent setup to start with, so now I have a Smok m80 and a Starre tank. It has definitely helped with the craving for a cigarette. I have seen a lot of ex smokers here saying they started off at 12mg+ nicotine when they first started vaping coming from a pack of cigarettes or more a day. I tried twelve and it was to much, yet I was a pack and a half smoker (Malboro black menthol) and currently using 6mg juice.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Provari V1 with Nautilus tank..it sucks compared to what I vape today..lol

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

jc2013

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Joy tech Ego-C 650 mAh -stuck with it for about a month and moved "up" to Vision Vivi Nova clearomizer and larger ego batts (twists) -it's been an arms race ever sinc. Started in 2013.

jte12345

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My very first was a Cloupor T5 with a Cloupor Taotie

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Boogie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Some no-name rechargeable cigalike from 7-11. It was terrible. I really was not trying to quit at the time, just kinda wanted a toy and figured MAYBE I could use it to cut back. I think I showed it off at work like twice, and after that it just collected dust for years. I actually found it last year.

A couple of years ago I got serious and decided to make the jump for real. Started with a knock off EGO-c twist and a couple of protank Mink2s.

While the ego setup got me off the analogs, the upredictable Kanger coil heads were driving me NUTZ. So not even a month in I got a couple of mechs and RDAs and its been (mostly) smooth sailing since.

SteveMc

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
We started off on an Innokin iTaste 3.0 VV, shared it for a couple of weeks and then purchased a Innokin MVP 2.0. I let her keep the original, the rest is history. :)

greencow

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Evod kit that got me off tobacco in general, then a week or so later bought a kbox mini kit, haven't looked back since!

herpist

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I tried the skycig cartomizers (now called blu I think) a few year back thinking that would do it as they look like real fags although for the past 27 years I've smoked nothing but roll ups so the logic behind that failed lol. Lasted 3 months but found I was spending just as much so I convinced myself that roll ups were the cheaper option.
I then tried a cheap clearomizer kit a year after but had nothing but trouble with it so I gave up on that.
Last week I thought I'd try again and did half an hour research on google and purchased an eVic-vt with the matching tank. it's been great so far the battery lasts me all day and a full tank of juice just about lasts but will probably feel the need to buy a bigger tank soon, any suggestions will be much appreciated.
I jumped straight in and started making my own juice too which I find helps me with the practical side of the habit. Rolling 30 fags a day for the past 27 years I need to keep my hands busy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arizona

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Blu failed me, so I went and picked up a Innokin iTaste CLK with a Nautilus Mini and haven't touched a cig since then. I've gotten several other mods since then, its a hobby for me I guess you'd say.

Totally wicked 510 I believe that's the name early 2010 cost me around $100 or so smh

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Steamin Demon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
White cloud rechargeable, followed by many other shitty cigalikes
Then a spinner with a pro tank.
Then it got serious sigelei style!

herpist

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Love the peace pipe at the back

ren.dnb

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
First was a Blu E-cig kit, then those V2 cigalikes...

Finally bought an ego kit from a gas station for 15$ lol... that was about 3 years ago.

Vaping Raven

Member For 4 Years
Way back in 2009 I started vaping on a no mane 3 piece cigilike. That thing would leak no matter how much or how little juice I put in the tip. It was an automatic vape device that came with about 20 carto's that I had to put filler in. I don't think it was cotton. It did not hold the juice very well. It was the battery atty and tip. The battery was decent at the time but I quickly got tired of the leaking problem so I brought a white cloud in 2010 at the mall.

My first was a Blu, last Sunday. It's pretty horrible. I haven't wanted a cigarette since, but I think my body is still going through withdrawal pretty bad. I am sleeping a lot. I ordered a Kangertech Subox Mini and a shit ton of e-juice. Did I mention I just started smoking again this year after being quit since 1997? FML. At least I'm not smoking now.

Vaping_Vixen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
my first was a Mystic Haus that cost $20 from Walmart .... shortly after I upgraded to a Vision 2 with Kanger Sub Tank mini and it went from there ....

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
2 ego/CE4 top coil atty kits with Chinese juice from a B&M. We overpaid for the kits but didn't find out until afterwards. We were a bit lucky since the attys had replaceable heads so once they began to taste bad I researched into how they work and began fixing them and now over 2 years later I rebuild all my wife's and my kayfuns and now make my own juice
The day the kits came home was the last ciggy I had.

cavtruper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
V2 was my first and paid a crap load for it! Then upgraded to the ego twist with clearo. Amazing how it has all progressed so fast and now it actually works for me.

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Times have evolved. My first purchase was at a local gas station. Then onto V4L for battery, juices, and cartos. Then to the bright yellow OMG, which still functions as a backup. Then onto my current setup. I don't make a lot of changes, I find what works for me, then stick to it as best I can. Truthfully, not a lot has worked until now.
FullSizeRender.jpg vapor4life-battery-colors.jpg

VapeRN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This brings back mixed feelings ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443971552.264106.jpg
They were enough to get me off cigs, but only for about a year.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Provari and Protank..3 yrs ago! Lol

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This brings back mixed feelings View attachment 30070
They were enough to get me off cigs, but only for about a year.

We got lucky and our ego/CE4 clearo kits had replaceable heads so within the first couple weeks and my first crappy vape I began to research what the problem could be and those kits didn't last a month once I found out what was really out there for vape gear. Rebuilding, starting with those CE4 clearos and silica wick, to rebuilding protanks for almost 2 years to now rebuild my kayfuns with rayon, my wife's subtank RBA in only a few minutes was the best vape asset I got. Its not the money saved by recoiling a atty but the vast improvement in the vape quality compared to factory heads

Masher59

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well it's kind of sad but I'm still using what I started with but an upgrade is coming in soon. I've been using these green smoke cigs with disposable cartridges. After researching I just ordered today a IPV 3Li VR Carbon Fiber 200w with Crown tank and Ni200 coils. Cant wait for it to get here!

TRAPstar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
vava vape ego with a clearomizer pretty sure it was a ce-1vp-ego-ce4-1100e.jpeg ...didnt work. this was circa 09-10, did pick it back up till i got my Ego One a few months ago. i had the red one, had a slightly rubberized finish on it.

lexi13nicole

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I had a green smoke e-cig, kit (like a blu), HATED IT. I tried a couple others too. I got a generic eGO setup online, choose my own flavors, and fell in love! I grew outta that. I'm using a cool fire 4 now, and it's really helping me stop smoking down to under 10 a day, from 2 packs! A couple more days i hope to be smoke free.

jaxxie1181

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
A Joye 510 starter kit from CigNot. It came with two batteries, black, manual firing with the blue LED. It came with one regular atomizer and a box of 5 cartridges with the dry batting and 5 that were tobacco flavor prefilled (yuck!). It came with a bottle of some sort of vanilla flavored Dekang at 18mg nic and I threw in a bottle of Starpuffs. It also had the PCC, which I loved.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Provari V1 with Nautilus tank..it sucks compared to what I vape today..lol

I started similar to that. I started with a ProVari 2.5 and 3 Kanger Protank 2s, shortly after, I upgraded the airflow controls and purchased 3 Protank 3s. Now, it's collecting dust. I prefer using my (over 40) RDAs at home, and various Sub tanks on the road, all of them mounted on various mech mods or regulated box mods.

VU Sponsors