Become a Patron!

What was your very first e-cig?

ajbond916

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
For me, the first time I ever vaped anything was on a smoov cig-a-like. It was a purple battery with a brown atomizer, the good ol' days. As far as my first REAL vape, it was an iTaste MVP 1 with, I want to say, a very early ViVi Nova tank, or a look - alike (I did not really know at the time, got it in a trade from a friend. Vaped great actually.)
Anyways, I was wondering if I could hear some of your first kits/ battery- tank combos!

MorpheusPA

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Technically? A Blu disposable as a test to see if this was a realistic option. Then I moved on to Bloog cig-alikes. That lasted about a month.

Then eGo pen style. That actually held me more than two years and I still keep some around for out-and-about when I don't want to worry much about breakage or losing something.

At home, and on trips to friends' and relatives' houses, I like a small box mod. Currently in my hand...the Sigelei 30 Watt Mini.

vape me

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Mine was a Blu, got a kit from a B&M store for $60.00 that had everything I needed to start vaping in seconds.

vape me

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
a Marlboro with a car lighter.
Marlboro makes an ecig?

Don't use a car lighter on your eCig - that's a surefire way to ruin it ;)

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Provari/Protank 3 yrs ago, lolo

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

drugarth

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
An e-roll...well that lasted a whole week, same with the evod that followed it....emow lasted a month...than Istick/nauti...that lasted a bit longer.
Now have switched to Dicodes,Xvostick and sx mini, all the vape I'll need for a long time to come.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I research everything. I wasn't thinking about quitting cigarettes when I started looking into e-cigs in 2009 but was interested in the technology. A year earlier, e-cigs were prohibitively expensive (for me, anyway; well over $100 for a cigalike). I had heard the price was coming down so looked into what was available ECF was really the only source of info then, so I joined in August of that year.

I learned out that Personal Vaporizers didn't have to look like cigarettes the better performers certainly did no do so. THere were really only two choices that used 18650 batteries. The Screwdriver (which looked like the handle of the tool for which it was named but had to be ordered from the UK) and the Chuck. The latter was being made (and still is) by a biker (who owns a sign shop) on a metal lathe (ergo the name) one at a time. Each one was personalized. I still have mine with the logo of my graphics company on it. And it still works.

SCG_PV.jpg |

Each day I played with it while still smoking, cigarettes tasted worse. I had to have that morning ciggie with my coffee, though. On the seventh day, I lit up, inhaled what tasted like the exhaust from a manure truck, then put it out. That was January 10, 2010, I have been smoke-free and a vaper since that date.

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine was a Halo Triton kit that I got almost 2 years ago. I still have it and I'm pretty sure it still works. The damn thing cost almost as much as the VTC Mini and Crown setup I'm using now.

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
v2 cigs.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wife bought me a Joyetech Ego-t kit with 2 650 mah batteries and the tanks with the replaceable atomizer. Great form factor and just looks cool. Still works great, and I lend it out to family and co-workers who want to try it. Down to my last pack of atomizers. I think Joyetech still makes them.

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Very first thing I ever vaped was a Blu. But, in many ways, I don't consider that my first "true" vape. My first true vape was bought the day after I bought the Blu starter pack - headed down to the local smoke shop and payed way, way too much for a single VV knock-off brand eGo battery and (probably also knock-offs) two eVod tanks. That was night and day over the Blu, which in itself had already gotten me to want to switch from smoking my horrible unfiltered roll-your-own sticks of death. But filling, checking, re-checking and trying out that evod for the first time was mind blowing. It was the new way, I decided within the first half-dozen puffs, this was the new way and I was done smoking. Couple years ago, right around Christmas time no less.

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I believe my first was some sort of cig-a-like that I tried but hated it. What had got me into vaping (i consider my first) was a white Luxury Lite lol. It was dincky looking back at it now. But my brother had got it for me as a Christmas gift when I was 18 or 19. About a year later When buying coils for I believe an Atlantis? The guy there let me try his RDA.. Which was what started me into RDAs. Been almost 3 years now.

Calls To Action! casaa.org

VapeRN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I did ego batteries with CE clearos for over a year from 2012-2013. I got frustrated with leaking and breaking the attys, hated the charging adapters. Eventually gave up towards the end of 2013 and smoked again until September 1st of this year. Bought a Kanger Subox kit and haven't smoked since. Then about two weeks later got a Sigelei 150TC with a Zephryus and a Velocity clone - now I'm dripping almost full time and solely rebuilding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grimwald

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Volt cig-a-like from Smokeless Image with cartos 3 1/2 years ago. Spent many a weekend boiling and baking my cartomizers. I remember my first ego-sized battery and CE4...boy was that thing huge...didn't think I would ever get used to it.

Reactions: DC2

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
V2 cigalike disposables. Then v2 cartos. Rode on v2 for like 2 years. Hittin that menthol at 1.8mg

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Huff-N-Stuff

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I had to go look and see, a VX by BrandZ.
Then one slightly better than the first no name on that one.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My wife and I started out with a couple of massively overpriced ego/CE4 kits from a B&M, that just happen to have replaceable heads and some 24nic Chinese 555 juice. They lasted a month before jumping into the 18xxx batteries, mechs, rebuilding and protanks. That was almost 3 years ago and today with rebuilding and DIY juice my wife and I have had a great vape experience.

Catalyst

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First were numerous gas station cigalikes in the summer of 2014. Blu, markten, etc. They would last about 45 min till they would go flying out of my truck window. Usually right before lighting up a Marlboro. I decided to give vaping another go as a new years resolution for 2015. This time I took a different approach. I walked in to a real vape shop. Came out with an ego starter kit, with an upgraded 2200 mah spinner battery. Cut my smoking by 85% overnight, but not completely. Looking for something with better performance, a month later I picked up a Nautilus mini and a p4u Ipv mini 30w. Still battled with the analogs. Another month goes by, I was determined to find something that worked well enough to fully quit. Picked up an arctic tank, ar mech mod, and a TOBH atty v2 dripper. Went sub ohm. Took the red pill, we are going to see how deep this rabbit hole goes. From that day forward, I was no longer a smoker.

Last edited:

keiffith

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Green smoke Cigalikes back in 2011. used them till 2013 when i couldnt afford them anymore and picked up smoking again.

FFWD to Oct and i decided to do some recearch on the "larger ones" i knew nothing about. found a kangertech sub box and have been going strong for a few months now. since it is way cheaper than the cigalikes i will definitely be sticking to mods and RTA's

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Back when I started they just had cig a like so I vaped the FIn brand until ego's came out. It was so great to have an ego compared to the cigalike.

cthulhufan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Blu disposable for a test like others have said -> Joye 510 kit -> Ego with EVOD/CE4 -> Mech with Dripper -> Mech with tank -> regulated with Kayfun -> etc etc etc...

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Provari/Protank 3 yrs ago, lolo

Same here. Started with a ProVari 2.5 and 3 Protank V2. Within a few months I got the improved airflow control for them. That's how the upgrades got started. :)

Ramsay Bolton

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
808D cig-a-like kit with cartos ($10). Battery lasted a whopping 45 minutes, but
got me off of cigarettes completely within 48hrs.

808START-2.jpg

IMO: The flavor from the cartos was much better that everything else
I've moved onto: Lemo 2, Subtank Mini, Protank Mini's etc.

-

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My very first time ever trying a vape was like
808D cig-a-like kit with cartos ($10). Battery lasted a whopping 45 minutes
My dad had gotten the kit to help him quit and I tried a few puffs, really enjoyed the flavor aspect, but was not satisfied in any other way, was underpowered, little to no vapor that after puffing for half an hour I still wanted a smoke. Went out after work and grabbed an iStick 50W and Atlantis V1 with 0.5ohm coils, and been vaping ever since, no more analogs! I seem to be one of the few who I know who started with a sub-ohm kit, but I'm glad I did, I've tried eGos and EVODs and the like and could see myself never having gotten into vaping if that's all there was to choose from

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
With the ego kits my wife and I had once I began to have burnt metallic taste and other issues, I began to research the problems and then I found that there was much better out there and began to go that route of ditching those ego/CE4 setups and upgrading. Today I'm totally self sufficient in our vaping needs.

guyakaguy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I took a few puffs off of an ill and elderly coworker's Chinese cig-alike thing back in the fall of 2007. I remember it tasting like ass, as he had whatever full-strength tobacco flavor I could only assume was conceived by someone who had no idea what tobacco looked like, much less smelled or tasted like. To me it tasted like sugary grundle on a hot day.

5 years after the scarring of that incident, and thousands of packs of cigarettes later, I was at the Mall of America, back when the e-cig kiosks in a cloud of vapor were everywhere, and I tried something that for the most part resembled the exact same thing as I had gagged on years earlier. I remember the guy popped on a 24mg cartridge, after asking me how much I smoked, and a flavor that was a slightly better "our version" of bearing little semblance to a flavor of tobacco. It was better, but not something I could've seen myself paying the equivalent of 3 cartons of cigarettes (at the time) for. At that time the only place I ever really even saw e-cigarettes being used were at the mall kiosks by Middle Eastern shysters and their test subjects. I never saw anybody "vaping" outside of the bar or at work.

The next summer MN raised their "per-pack fee" almost $2 to right around $4 ($8 a pack) and after a few months of taking that up the butt I started looking into e-cigs.

I went to a local tobacco store and got an 1100mah Ego vision, a ViviNova tank, and a couple 18mg juices. I don't even remember what flavor I had gotten, just that I hated that damned ViviNova tank....

I remember vaping 18mg until my eyes were bulging and I couldn't sleep, but what started out as a way to quit cigarettes turned into a way to "smoke" more indoors.

A couple months later I was right back on full-time cigarettes, probably in all honesty smoking more than ever. I would occasionally vape, and acquired a couple other Ego batteries and an evod tank, then a Kanger Mini Protank 3.

A year later I started taking Chantix.... What a wonderfully horrible drug that is. After 3 months of Chantix and one month off of it I got a promotion at work. The stress increased and I bummed a cig off of a coworker at a site I had floated into. It was a horrible Pall Mall ultralight, but it was amazing. About a week went by and I was at another site and ran to a gas station to get a Pepsi. The Camel promotions lady was there and giving out $1 a pack coupons... And I started smoking again for about another 8 months.

I then got another bug up my ass and charged up my batteries and started using up my juices. I was still dual-using at that point, but I knew that I needed something more to keep me off and higher nicotine wasn't the answer.

I got the new Kanger Subox kit and got some 6mg "premium" juice from the same shyster tobacco/vape shop I'd been buying stuff from for years. it's been a trip down the rabbit hole ever since.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Very first wasn't an e-cig but a PVD... Original Provari with a Kanger Protank.. It was good enough to get me to quit smoking but is quite obsolete compared to the mods I vape today..

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Eon Smoke. Cigalike. 2011. Picked it up at a half-deli/half-tobacco shop near Harlem.

Blu --> Greensmoke --> Mech (R.I.P.)/drip/first coil build --> IPV 2S (R.I.P.)/drip/first DIY juice.

Seven different working setups in the house right now, and enough ingredients to make a gallon and a half of juice.

Last edited:

HRC

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
eGo Batteries and some cheap leaky plastic tanks. I still have the batteries and after 5 years they still hold a charge.

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
eGo-C system starter kit back in April 2012. Used that for a couple of months before I upgraded and it got me off cigs. Those eGo-C attys taste pretty good at around 8 watts but they sure need a lot of maintenance. We've come a long way since then :)

Timmerz

Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
Im about to date myself, I started with a Ruyun V8. I didnt use it much as it was all so new. I got a bit more heavy into vaping with the Smoore and Saelabo M403 automatics and DSE901 pens... I liked the m403 atty on a 901 battery with the adapter because it was easier to drip on the 403 in my opinion. Boge 510 was ok too... I still have a box full of old attys i keep for nostalgia. Here... a little m403 cloud chasing dream stick power... behold the power

Reactions: DC2

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im about to date myself, I started with a Ruyun V8. I didnt use it much as it was all so new. I got a bit more heavy into vaping with the Smoore and Saelabo M403 automatics and DSE901 pens... I liked the m403 atty on a 901 battery with the adapter because it was easier to drip on the 403 in my opinion. Boge 510 was ok too... I still have a box full of old attys i keep for nostalgia. Here... a little m403 cloud chasing dream stick power... behold the power

100mah you say?
I'd crush that in 1 hit.

clickpiss

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Some ciga-like from China around 2007-08. Came with 2 carts - I never bothered buying refills because it was pretty awful.

CloudEater

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My first was a really awful disposable one from a gas station called "Vapur". I don't believe it had any nic in it.

That was about a year ago. I pretty much gave up on vapes until I recently tried my friends.

Currently using my Kangertech Subox Mini and loving it!

VapinChevy

Abnormal Chevy Guy
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
Gas Station NJoy 100mm darn thing was expensive $9.00 ONLY lasted me 3hrs. Then I went online and snagged a V2 Cigs kit... Then it took off from there :cool:

angus67

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
blu, ego-pen, kanger v2 on 650 pen battery, kbox mini. I still use my v2 kanger with 24mg menthol for vooping at work. The menthol blends right in with the Lysol everyone sprays around in there.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
iStick 30 and a Nautilus mini, it got me off the Stinkies!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just noticed the Halo G6 link on your comment leads to a pair of Pontiac G6 headlights. That's comedy.
I doubt that romamadrid inserted that link...Hover your mouse over it and you'll see it's a SkimWords link.Never ever click on 1 of those...You have been warned.

KY_Rob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My first e-cig was a disposable Blu. Followed by a seriously overpriced V4L cig-a-like kit and several other of their "premium" devices. Went to ProVari and carto tanks from there, and far too many directions since! :D

VU Sponsors